Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ryan Petrich Updates Activator for iOS 8

Default Ryan Petrich Updates Activator for iOS 8

iOS developer Ryan Petrich has updated the popular Activator gesture-control jailbreak tweak with official preliminary support iOS 8.x. For those that don't know, Activator allows users to bypass the stock features of certain actions to have them do other things instead.

Pangu released an iOS 8.x jailbreak without any warning at all and released the tool without Cydia being bundled into the jailbreak for users. At this point in time, users have to install Cydia manually to install jailbreak tweaks through Cydia (guide on how to do that here). A future version of Pangu for iOS 8.x will support bundling Cydia into the jailbreak and support the English language as well as fix numerous bugs.

With Activator, as well as a few of Ryan Petrich's other jailbreak dependencies, having already been updated for iOS 8.x, it won't be long before eager jailbreakers can finally start getting ready to get the most out of their jailbreaks on iOS 8.x. Many developers will also be happy to hear about this since Activator is a major dependency for many of the jailbreak tweaks that are available in Cydia.

To update to the latest versions of Petrich's jailbreak software as soon as they're available, you can add Ryan Petrich's beta repository to your list of Cydia sources. That repository is:

PHP Code:
    http://rpetri.ch/repo/ 

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Gadrayz (2014-10-27), Jj2345 (2014-10-26), zplit (2014-10-27)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Flipswitch is him too right? Was that included in the update?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

hopethemodworx (2014-10-27)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Flipswitch is him too right? Was that included in the update?
    flipswitch was updated.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-26)

Now all we need is a stable jailbreak

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jj2345 For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-10-26), Bo Troxell (2014-10-26), MOJO5873 (2014-10-27), stolenpentium (2014-10-27)

Activator, breaks reachability on my 6+ currently.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dscottjr81 View Post
    Activator, breaks reachability on my 6+ currently.
    Really? Mines working fine...

I backed up all my Activator assignments from my ip5S and restored them on my 6+!
    I'm good to go!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    Now all we need is a stable jailbreak
    Mine's been rock stable for 3 days. Not sure what you're talking about. ??

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Pangu released an iOS 8.x jailbreak without any warning at all and released the tool without Cydia being bundled into the jailbreak for users. At this point in time, users have to install Cydia manually to install jailbreak tweaks through Cydia (guide on how to do that here).
    Anthony, in each article you write on the JB topic… until we have the next jailbreak tool, you should point them to the Cydia install procedures that prevents the boot loop when using passcode lock. Thazsar made a very clear tutorial here.

http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...-tutorial.html

That's the link you should post.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-10-27 at 12:22 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-10-27)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Mine's been rock stable for 3 days. Not sure what you're talking about. ??
    Probably all the problems people are having with Safari, Messages, and other apps. Pangu themselves even mentioned these bugs and hopes to have them fixed in the next release of the tool.

Thanks

Ryan Petrich is my hero in the jailbreak dev world... He's always so on it and quick to update his most important tweaks for every new jailbreak... I wonder if Apple has ever offered him a job, I know they've taken some of his tweaks and implemented them into iOS... Anyway, hats off once again to Mr. Petrich!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

cpho (2014-10-28), novadam (2014-10-27), SpiderManAPV (2014-10-27)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    👍
    Activator working fine on iPad mini.

Last edited by sheltons.iphone; 2014-10-27 at 01:11 PM.

So I have an IPhone 6, and for me, Activator crashes Springboard every time I try to use any "settings" actions . That is, any action that actually calls up one of the settings panes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, . Many other JB app in there working fine. What I need to know (No response from Ryan) is it just me? If so, I need to restore and jailbreak again before 8.1.1 comes out. But if this is just an issue with Activator that everyone is having, I just need to wait. But I can't find any complaints anywhere except issues with Reachability. Are any of you jailbreakers out there on an IPhone 6 able to do this with Activator?