Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'SBFlip' Enables the Landscape Mode Home Screen in iOS 8 for Non-iPhone 6 Plus Devices

Default 'SBFlip' Enables the Landscape Mode Home Screen in iOS 8 for Non-iPhone 6 Plus Devices

The iPhone 6 Plus, which runs iOS 8 from the factory, is capable of rotating the Home Screen into landscape mode like the iPad can, unlike other iPhones, such as the iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, and iPhone 6. If you are jailbroken with the latest Pangu jailbreak tool for iOS 8, then there's some good news for you you can do this on any of your jailbroken iOS 8 devices now.

A new free jailbreak tweak called SBFlip by iOS developer Skylerk99 is now available in Cydia that will allow you to enable or disable Home Screen rotation whenever you want. It adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable either dynamic or stationary mode. In Dynamic mode, the tweak will let you rotate in and out of landscape mode on your device, just like the iPhone 6 Plus. In stationary mode, the tweak will keep your device in landscape mode, rather than portrait mode.

Landscape mode is really just a niche feature of the iPhone 6 Plus to make using the Home Screen easier on the larger display, but there's no reason the feature can't be enjoyed on older devices with smaller displays. If you want to give this tweak a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss reopsitory *iOS 8 is required for the installation.

At this point in time, Cydia, which is required to install SBFlips, does not come bundled with the iOS 8 jailbreak, but you can install it manually here's a guide on how to do that. Pangu announced Saturday morning that they're working with Saurik to get Cydia bundled with Pangu as soon as possible in the next release of the tool.

Name: SBFlip
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.2-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Skylerk99
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

That was quick! I knew it would happen fast, but that was ridiculous.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-10-25)

For anyone who tests this tweak, I have a question, does SB rotate 180 degrees in portrait as well like in the 6 Plus?

This is crucial for me to know as I don't really are about landscape SB rotation, I just want it to rotate 180 in portrait.

Thank you

Neat tweak, but there's a reason this is limited to the plus.

Yes it does rotate 180 in portrait.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

Al226 (2014-10-26)

I want tweak to add photos to messages screen like iphone six plus has.

I just read the other thread with that tweak. Awesome!!

Thanks

hopefully it'll work with tweaks like barrel and cylinder

hopefully it'll work with tweaks like barrel and cylinder
    Last edited by patoons; 2014-10-26 at 05:03 AM.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

Nice tweak. But the truth is: I never use it on my 6+ springboard. A little bit more interesting on the 6+ is the landscape app splitscreen (like on iPads).
    But generally the iPhone 6/+ is still a typical portrait device. You use it in portrait mode nearly all the time.

IconRotator by Ryan Petrich was way nicer than this. I wish he'd update it. Oh well. I guess he has better things to do.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpottedBilagaana For This Useful Post:

xNick414 (2014-10-31)

Yes! No more awkward holding when I pop on my moga ace power!

was looking forward to this but the icons looked screwed up after rotating the home screen/