Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Pangu Announces They're Working With Saurik to Make Cydia Stable for the iOS 8 Jailbreak

  1. #1
    Default Pangu Announces They're Working With Saurik to Make Cydia Stable in the iOS 8 Jailbreak


    Saturday morning, the Pangu jailbreak team announced on their official Pangu Twitter account that they were working with Saurik to make Cydia compatible with iOS 8 and the latest version of Pangu, which means we're closer than ever to a jailbreak tool for iOS 8 that bundles Cydia up with the jailbreak.

    The Tweet also details that they're working on killing bugs with Safari and iMessage. Users have reportedly been dealing with these problems among many others upon jailbreaking iOS 8.

    Saurik released an iOS 8-compatible version of Cydia already, but the caveat is that users have to install it manually with an SFTP program, such as CyberDuck. It's also a rough draft of what Cydia will be on iOS 8, so more updates to polish the Cydia experience in iOS 8 are expected whenever the Pangu jailbreak team finally does bundle it all together to a public release.

    The next major release of Pangu for Windows is expected to have not only Cydia, but also an English translation. In addition, the team is working on stability bug fixes, as well as a way to make the new Cydia Substrate more compatible with the jailbreak so that users won't have to always respring immediately after rebooting their devices. The tool will be Windows-only for now while the team focuses on fixing issues – a Mac OS X version of the tool will be available in the future.

    We are continuing to monitor the situation, so stay tuned for the latest!

    Sources: Pangu

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (2014-10-25), NewD (2014-10-26)

  3. #2
    Go Pangu! Hope you can get this all done before apple pushes a new firmware. It's a shame this couldn't have been held onto a little bit longer...

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

    SpiderManAPV (2014-10-25), stolenpentium (2014-10-25)

  5. #3
    I hope they can get it running on Mac soon

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buttamix For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2014-10-25), Sage I (2014-10-25), stolenpentium (2014-10-25)

  7. #4
    How do we report bugs I'm also having swiftkey stop appearing and widget elements missing like the photo of weather conditions.

  8. #5
    Just fyi, I have tried some of these on my iphone 6 with no issues, pandora skips and itunes works perfectly.
    iOS 8 Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks: Complete List Of Working Cydia Apps For iPhone, iPad And iPod

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezlnh8u For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (2014-10-25), Rcworship (2014-10-25)

  10. #6
    Although thankful to the Pangu team for having a jailbreak, they should have worked to have everything working fine and then release it. By the looks of it, and the fact that a Mac version of Pangu not available, my feeling is that Apple will patch this hole and force update before a proper Pangu tool is released. It will be the first time Apple patches a software before the jailbreak tool is actually stable and properly distributed among jailbreak community.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to blueaviator For This Useful Post:

    Sage I (2014-10-26)

  12. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    I hope they can get it running on Mac soon
    Just go to a public library and jailbreak it there on their windows machines.

  13. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by blueaviator View Post
    Although thankful to the Pangu team for having a jailbreak, they should have worked to have everything working fine and then release it. By the looks of it, and the fact that a Mac version of Pangu not available, my feeling is that Apple will patch this hole and force update before a proper Pangu tool is released. It will be the first time Apple patches a software before the jailbreak tool is actually stable and properly distributed among jailbreak community.
    I see no problem there, as long as you stay on 8.1. For me with 5S, 8.1 is stable enough, no bugs and very smooth....so, all I need is a complete jailbreak tool
    Last edited by bbrks; 2014-10-25 at 06:51 PM.

  14. #9
    Super Moderator Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,526
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 945 Times in 709 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blueaviator View Post
    Although thankful to the Pangu team for having a jailbreak, they should have worked to have everything working fine and then release it. By the looks of it, and the fact that a Mac version of Pangu not available, my feeling is that Apple will patch this hole and force update before a proper Pangu tool is released. It will be the first time Apple patches a software before the jailbreak tool is actually stable and properly distributed among jailbreak community.
    I don't know where people are getting this idea that Apple patches these holes so fast. They usually take a few weeks or even more than a month.

  15. #10
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Default Pangu Announces They're Working With Saurik to Make Cydia Stable for the iOS ...
    I did a write up on a major bug fix for anyone that uses a Passcode.

    http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...-new-post.html

  16. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I don't know where people are getting this idea that Apple patches these holes so fast. They usually take a few weeks or even more than a month.
    Because people have this unrealistic belief of the expertise at Apple.

    As far as the whining about pangu not being complete if it was held back for 6 months
    you would also see complaints, I'm glad its released and I have a choice

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

    NewD (2014-10-26), Rcworship (2014-10-26)

  18. #12
    Looking at the history of firmware updates since 1.0 apple typically release a new firmware every 30 to 60 days. There are a couple exceptions. 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 took four months. There have been a couple firmwares released within two weeks of each other. 5.0.1 to 5.1 was also four months. In the 7.x family 4 firmwares were released within 33 days! Being that there's a vulnerability to their latest phones with touch id and apple pay it may be a new priority of there's to fix these exploits quicker.

  19. #13
    Super Moderator Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,526
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 945 Times in 709 Posts

    Default Pangu Announces They're Working With Saurik to Make Cydia Stable for the iOS ...
    Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Looking at the history of firmware updates since 1.0 apple typically release a new firmware every 30 to 60 days. There are a couple exceptions. 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 took four months. There have been a couple firmwares released within two weeks of each other. 5.0.1 to 5.1 was also four months In the 7.x family 4 firmwares were released within 33 days! Being that there's a vulnerability to their latest phones with touch id and apple pay they may want to fix those holes quicker.
    Usually when they release firmwares that quickly they go a few versions without even mentioning the exploit. If I remember correctly Evasi0n released at 7.0.3 wasn't closed until the fourth firmware released afterwards, 7.1. 3.1.3 fixed a hole within one version but like you said that was four months.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 2014-10-25 at 07:38 PM.

  20. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Just go to a public library and jailbreak it there on their windows machines.
    That would mean installing itunes and all that jazz...

    easiest thing to do would be to download virtualbox, it's free for both os x and windows ... then install windows on the virtual machine

    There's plenty of reasons for doing that anyway... I have an os x virtual machine on my windows system

    The irony here is that in the past, jailbreaks would always come out first for os x ..

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to oneduality For This Useful Post:

    thazsar (2014-10-25)

  22. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    That would mean installing itunes and all that jazz...

    easiest thing to do would be to download virtualbox, it's free for both os x and windows ... then install windows on the virtual machine

    There's plenty of reasons for doing that anyway... I have an os x virtual machine on my windows system

    The irony here is that in the past, jailbreaks would always come out first for os x ..
    I would agree with the public library idea more or less, or I'd just borrow a friend's computer. Probably easier.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-10-25 at 08:01 PM.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    Rcworship (2014-10-26)

  24. #16
    anyone experiencing issues with sending photos thru text?

  25. #17
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ezlnh8u View Post
    anyone experiencing issues with sending photos thru text?
    Yes...that's one of the first problems that people noticed. If you choose a picture through the Photo Library instead of the Recents section, you'll be able to send them correctly

  26. #18
    I tried that, but I just keep getting the little chat bubble, hopefully they will fix this soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Yes...that's one of the first problems that people noticed. If you choose a picture through the Photo Library instead of the Recents section, you'll be able to send them correctly

  27. #19
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts

    I honestly don't think we'll see a Mac version before exploit (at least this one, and let's hope there's more) is patched. Also, I believe Apple will release said patch VERY SOON as there's too much risk involved with Apple Pay.

  28. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 33 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stolenpentium View Post
    I honestly don't think we'll see a Mac version before exploit (at least this one, and let's hope there's more) is patched. Also, I believe Apple will release said patch VERY SOON as there's too much risk involved with Apple Pay.
    Yes, but they will likely focus on Apple Pay issues with said firmware update, not patching vulnerabilities used in the jailbreak.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •