Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pangu Announces They're Working With Saurik to Make Cydia Stable for the iOS 8 Jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hovikgas View Post
    yes, but they will likely focus on apple pay issues with said firmware update, not patching vulnerabilities used in the jailbreak.
    twt

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezlnh8u View Post
    I tried that, but I just keep getting the little chat bubble, hopefully they will fix this soon.
    Really?!? That's weird... I just tested this on my ip6+

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

The biggest bugs i've encountered were the passcode bug, which prevents booting, described elsewhere on this site. There is a fix for it but I kinda want the space and have just opted to turn off passcode and findmyiphone until there is a better way to fix it. And also I had an issue with launchctl taking up 50% cpu at all times and causing massive battery drain. I was able to find a fix for this by using iCleaner Pro to disable the "Backup Daemon" and "Log, dump and crash report daemons". (This does prevent iCloud backups but no matter to me as I backup to my computer anyway.)

- Using iPhone 5 on 8.1, jailbroken with Pangu 1.0.1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to desepticon For This Useful Post:

amit.passion12 (2014-10-26)

Quote Originally Posted by blueaviator View Post
    Although thankful to the Pangu team for having a jailbreak, they should have worked to have everything working fine and then release it. By the looks of it, and the fact that a Mac version of Pangu not available, my feeling is that Apple will patch this hole and force update before a proper Pangu tool is released. It will be the first time Apple patches a software before the jailbreak tool is actually stable and properly distributed among jailbreak community.
    Two suggestions.....1. Get a window's based machine so you can take advantage of this jailbreak 2.Be thankful there is someone out there working and doing this for "free".... No wait.... another....3. come up with your own JB or shut the hell up about it.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

4. Stop arguing with people on internet forums. It's just lame.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to desepticon For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (2014-10-26), mike42 (2014-10-26), SpiderManAPV (2014-10-26), thazsar (2014-10-26)

Owning a cheap laptop or desktop to do this work is always a good idea. You can get an older vista version of windows for less than $50.

Is the tethering app TETHERME or other tool available on pangu ios8 yet? Without that it's a no go to upgrade to ios8 for me and a lot of folks.

Thanks

am i the only one who can see page 1 ?? cant go to the next page, i have had tis problem for a couple of days, since the last maintance of mmi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sju For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2014-10-26)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Default Pangu Announces They're Working With Saurik to Make Cydia Stable for the iOS ...
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Yes...that's one of the first problems that people noticed. If you choose a picture through the Photo Library instead of the Recents section, you'll be able to send them correctly
    That doesn't work. You need to go into your photos library and long tap on the photo until you see "copy" appear. Then hit copy and then simply paste the photo into the chat window. Then it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    Owning a cheap laptop or desktop to do this work is always a good idea. You can get an older vista version of windows for less than $50.
    Or just get a trial copy of Parallels 10 and download 8.1 Trial version ISO image file from Microsoft's site. Once you have Windows 8.1Virtual Machine running - make sure to download (while in Windows) iTunes 12 and QuickTime.. And install them. Open iTunes to make sure the Windows Virtual Machine sees your phone. The download Pangu and Jailbreak. Easy!

Quote Originally Posted by blueaviator View Post
    ..my feeling is that Apple will patch this hole and force update before a proper Pangu tool is released. It will be the first time Apple patches a software before the jailbreak tool is actually stable and properly distributed among jailbreak community.
    Just stay on 8.1. It's an extremely stable iOS release. I have had no problems with 8.1 firmware since it came out. My iPhone 6 couldn't be running any smoother. And I've also been jailbroken now for three days with all of the workaround fixes for Cydia and the boot loop problem after reboot. Whole bunch of themeing tweaks are working quite nicely. Including WinterBoard, GroovyLock, SBHTML, iWidgets, no page dots7, 20SecondLockscreen, Boxy2, Custom Folder Icons. I couldn't be more happy to have this jailbreak out.

iOS 8 also has no more WebView bug.. So you can keep your Passcode Lock ON with Lockscreen animation running - AND NO SAFEMODE CRASHING!!!!!!! Finally!!
    🎊🎊🎉👏👍🎈😀
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-10-26 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    download Windows7Pro ISO image file from pretty much "anywhere".
    Hmm? I thought you were the most anti-piracy person on this site.

Thanks

Default Pangu Announces They're Working With Saurik to Make Cydia Stable for the iOS ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Hmm? I thought you were the most anti-piracy person on this site.
    Trial version, my friend. Available right from Microsoft themselves. No changes in my ethics lately… ;-) but I agree that term "anywhere"… Was misleading. I've edited my post.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (2014-10-26)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Does Microsoft still have trial versions for 7? They don't advertise of sell it any more so it's surprising that they'd have a trial version.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

You know I chuckled when I saw "Windows 8 and 8.1" lol
    It feels that only a few of us live in both Apple and Microsoft worlds

Its windows 10 Tech Preview

Its free and yes you can use it to do the Jailbreak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Just go to a public library and jailbreak it there on their windows machines.
    You can't because most likely they won't have iTunes installed, and you can't install it because you'd need admin system privelages.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iH85CH001 For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-10-26)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    You can't because most likely they won't have iTunes installed, and you can't install it because you'd need admin system privelages.
    That's what I was thinking PLUS that seems like more work than just installing a VM on your Mac! Wouldn't you spend more time just getting to 'said' library?!?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

I am assuming most of you were able to successfully jailbreak your idevices with Pangu? Tried it on my Windows via bootcamp and it keeps failing. I will just have to wait some more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    I am assuming most of you were able to successfully jailbreak your idevices with Pangu? Tried it on my Windows via bootcamp and it keeps failing. I will just have to wait some more.
    Is it a clean install (Setup as New Phone) and your running Pangu as administrator? You also need the latest version of iTunes.

The issue with Cydia Substrate (having to respring). Will that be fixed with a update via Cydia or will the device have to be restored and rejailbroke?

Thanks

A lot of people are forgetting to turn off FindMyiPhone before using the Pangu Tool, too. That'll make the jailbreak fail.

Miss jailbreak. unable to jalibreak as the blue button on pangu tool is disabled. not sure why.
    passcode lock and find my phone is disabled too, still it doesnt work for me. iphone 4s.
    it shows touchid on the tool, cant read rest as its in Chinese. Must be a bug

I had to Launch itunes in the background

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast