Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An Updated Version of the Pangu Jailbreak Tool With Cydia for iOS 8 Reportedly "In Progress"

Default An Updated Version of the Pangu Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8 is "In Progress"

The Pangu jailbreak tool for for iOS 8 is currently only for Windows, is currently only in the Chinese language, doesn't yet bundle Cydia in the jailbreak, and isn't yet completely compatible with the iOS 8 version of Cydia Substrate, as you are required to respring after every reboot by performing the "killall backboardd" command.

@TeamPangu (the English representative of the Pangu jailbreak Team) took to Twitter Thursday night with the news that the Pangu jailbreak team has reportedly started making progress in bundling Cydia with the jailbreak software. It's worth noting that @PanguTeam is the official Twitter account for Pangu; however, we already knew at the time of the initial release of Pangu for iOS 8 that the Cydia bundle would be included within just a few days, so this isn't much of a surprise.

As we heard from Saurik yesterday on Reddit, he has been working closely with the Pangu jailbreak team to get Cydia bundled up with the latest version of the Pangu iOS 8 jailbreak tool so that users won't have to use an SFTP program like CyberDuck to install files on their jailbroken devices.

Pangu also promised that an English version of the Pangu jailbreak tool would be released within the next few days, so the news that work is in progress strikes us as not only will Cydia be coming to the jailbreak tool, but also an English version of the tool will be available. We're also excited for any possible bug fixes that will improve on the stability of the jailbreak tool. We recently posted an article about the Pangu jailbreak tool and four reasons why it's probably a good idea to wait before jailbreaking.

The Pangu jailbreak team did tell us that a Mac OS X version of the jailbreak tool is still far out in the future due to the fact that there is a lot of work to be done, so those on Mac OS X will need to be patient unless they can run a virtual machine, have Bootcamp, or can temporarily access a Windows computer.

While we do recommend waiting for a more user-friendly release of the Pangu iOS 8 jailbreak tool, if you're impatient and want to get started right away, you can read our guide on how to jailbreak using Pangu for iOS 8 on Windows at this link. You can also follow our guide on how to manually install Cydia at this link.

Stay tuned for the latest!

Sources: Twitter
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-10-24 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Edits for correctness and clarity on Twitter accounts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-10-26)

Thanks

This isn't the Twitter linked to on their site. I don't see anything too suspicious but are we sure it's a real account? The linked one hasn't said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    This isn't the Twitter linked to on their site. I don't see anything too suspicious but are we sure it's a real account? The linked one hasn't said anything.
    Although not the official announcement page on Twitter, this account (which is followed by a large group of jailbreak developers and other large names in the jailbreak community) appears to be the Twitter from the English representative of Pangu. In other words, this is account of the guy that's translating all of it for us.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-10-24 at 07:30 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-10-26), Zokunei (2014-10-24)

I'll wait for a while, and let these tweak/app developers catch up on the updates.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gerneio For This Useful Post:

Durb1n (2014-10-24)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Thankful for boot camp during these hard times. Lol

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-10-26), MattKemp27 (2014-10-24)

I am already up and running jb'd and with cydia running. No need to update the app guys, just work on the 8.2 or whatever jailbreak now.

For all those who want to wait you realize if a new firmware comes out and you aren't already on 8.1 you miss out on the jailbreak window.

There were a total of 3 jailbreaks released for iOS 7.x which consisted of 10 firmware releases. Not very good odds. The first jailbreak was from evad3rs in December followed by two Pangu jailbreaks in June. It could be a long drought.
    Last edited by exNavy; 2014-10-24 at 05:52 AM.

Awesome news!...but I wonder how the US based JB team feels about all this? I'm talking about people like muscleNerd, are they still around?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

MoDaLoT (2014-10-24), Sage I (2014-10-24)

Hope they fix the bug where it deletes your photos. Still have that issue. Reason why I am reluctant to jailbreak

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    I am already up and running jb'd and with cydia running. No need to update the app guys, just work on the 8.2 or whatever jailbreak now.

For all those who want to wait you realize if a new firmware comes out and you aren't already on 8.1 you miss out on the jailbreak window. There were a total of 3 jailbreaks released during the 7.x firmware lifespan and there were 10 firmwares released. Not very good odds.
    Many users are reporting getting stuck on Apple logo after rebooting (for various reasons) their device, and then having to restore and jailbreak their devices all over again. Have you experienced this?

Default An Updated Version of the Pangu Jailbreak Tool With Cydia for iOS 8 is "In Pr...
    Quote Originally Posted by Supa_xL View Post
    Hope they fix the bug where it deletes your photos. Still have that issue. Reason why I am reluctant to jailbreak
    Back them all up with Box, they had a promotion a while back that offered 50GB free of cost, I took advantage, all my pics in the cloud now, plenty of space on my 16GB 5S. Have a freshly purchased (on eBay) iPhone 6 on 8.1 sitting in my drawer waiting for tweaks to be updated and for everything to work right so I can make it my daily driver.

When I went from my 5 to my 5S, I waited 2 months for ALL the tweaks to be updated since there were some that I really couldn't do without and it took the devs a while, so I had to wait no matter how much I wanted iOS 7 and the 5S.
    Last edited by Al226; 2014-10-24 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post

For all those who want to wait you realize if a new firmware comes out and you aren't already on 8.1 you miss out on the jailbreak window.

There were a total of 3 jailbreaks released for iOS 7.x which consisted of 10 firmware releases. Not very good odds. The first jailbreak was from evad3rs in December followed by two Pangu jailbreaks in June. It could be a long drought.
    The evaders could've jail broken the devices a lot earlier. They were withholding and had to release a jailbreak so they could collect there money. I know they worked hard but they didn't make their jailbreaks as fast as possible. With more groups back in the mix, there will be more competition to get a jailbreak out faster again like the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by bstunt10190 View Post
    Many users are reporting getting stuck on Apple logo after rebooting (for various reasons) their device, and then having to restore and jailbreak their devices all over again. Have you experienced this?
    Yep. After having every problem in the book... finally got Cydia installed... only to find if I install ANYTHING from cydia... MXtube, Moviebox, etc, not only do the icons not show up... if I reboot, then I get stuck at the apple logo. At first I thought it was because I didnt update Cydia Substrate.... and also because I updated to 8.1 OTA. So I tried again this time after a fresh install of IOS 8.1 direct from Itunes with USB cable.. Pure stock barebone IOS 8.1 on Iphone 6 128gb, then updated Cydia Substrate. Rebooted fine. As soon as I installing MOVIEBOX... no icon so I rebooted.. HANG at Apple Logo...again!! This last hang was with a fresh install if IOS 8.1.. no sync. FAIL!!

No my jb was flawless on an iphone 5.
    Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Supa_xL View Post
    I've heard about that bug, as well as a problem that causes the iOS device to boot over and over again.

yup, I get stuck on the boot logo whenever I restart my phone, fresh install of iOS 8.1. For now I just have phantom installed and nothing else. I sucks having to restore after it is in a stuck in a boot loop, but even worse that I have to run Windows in Parallels to jailbreak, then SSH to install Cydia. I'm just leaving it like it is for now until there's a stable jailbreak. I just want Gridlock!!

Thanks

Here's the fix to the boot loop issues. It happens when you enable a passcode after installing Cydia. Pretty simple fix for the time being: [Attention] Pangu8 apparently causing bootloops when re-enabling passcode : jailbreak

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-10-26)

Thanks

yes 3 times yesterday, now waiting for a stabile jb

Guess ill wait for an update

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
    Guess ill wait for an update
    I just posted a link to the fix…

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    yup, I get stuck on the boot logo whenever I restart my phone, fresh install of iOS 8.1. For now I just have phantom installed and nothing else. I sucks having to restore after it is in a stuck in a boot loop, but even worse that I have to run Windows in Parallels to jailbreak, then SSH to install Cydia. I'm just leaving it like it is for now until there's a stable jailbreak. I just want Gridlock!!
    Gridlock didn't work in 7, I doubt it will in 8.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donbp For This Useful Post:

Evaded (2014-10-24), p1schnack (2014-10-24)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast