Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An Updated Version of the Pangu Jailbreak Tool With Cydia for iOS 8 Reportedly "In Progress"

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
    Back them all up with Box, they had a promotion a while back that offered 50GB free of cost...
    I tried box during that promo and never used it. Google drive is way more versatile. Either way though, the easiest way to get your pics on 8.1 is iCloud.com after turning on the iCloud Photo Library (beta) option on your phone. All your pics show up there so you can download full versions then delete them from your phone or keep them. I've been waiting for this feature since camera phones first came out!

Quote Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
    Guess ill wait for an update
    They mention that bug on their site and say it effects all 64bit devices. They also say stay the hell away from this jailbreak until that and other bugs are fixed as well as the incorporation of a Cydia that is done properly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to donbp For This Useful Post:

mlee19841 (2014-10-25)

I'm still not about to let Chinese hackers into my kernel.

Probably more than 2.000.000 very satisfied Pangu jailbreak users are laughing right now

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-10-26)

iPhone? More like MyPhone vedavis's Avatar
    Thanks

My opinion. iOS 8.1 now includes Apple Pay and that officially ends my JB life. I shall not allow root access to a group of hackers that can break into the OS that fast. If they can get to the root, they can get to Apple Pay. And yes, I am paranoid.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vedavis For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (2014-10-24), Durb1n (2014-10-24), hopethemodworx (2014-10-24)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Default An Updated Version of the Pangu Jailbreak Tool With Cydia for iOS 8 Reportedl...
    I can confirm the bootloop bug is when you turn back on your passcode after jailbreak. If you want to be jailbroken now you'll need to leave passcode lock off.

And I've been hesitant to update to iCloud Drive because it will convert across all my devices. Is that the new way to save photos someone was talking about earlier? Is it stable? Advantages?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-10-26)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomys View Post
    Here's the fix to the boot loop issues. It happens when you enable a passcode after installing Cydia. Pretty simple fix for the time being: [Attention] Pangu8 apparently causing bootloops when re-enabling passcode : jailbreak

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by donbp View Post
    Gridlock didn't work in 7, I doubt it will in 8.
    Gridlock was working for me on iOS 7 on my iPhone 5.

-img_3133.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vedavis View Post
    My opinion. iOS 8.1 now includes Apple Pay and that officially ends my JB life. I shall not allow root access to a group of hackers that can break into the OS that fast. If they can get to the root, they can get to Apple Pay. And yes, I am paranoid.

USAA is not enabled yet for Pay, but until then I'll test out this jailbreak. Once my bank goes live with Pay, I'll probably revert to stock iOS, unless the devteam verifies that Pangu is safe, or there's a new jailbreak that is not Chinese.
    Last edited by NSXrebel; 2014-10-24 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bstunt10190 View Post
    Many users are reporting getting stuck on Apple logo after rebooting (for various reasons) their device, and then having to restore and jailbreak their devices all over again. Have you experienced this?
    I did the jailbreak 4 times because of various issues and on my 4th time I did in fact experience that problem... it happened right after i restored my settings with itunes so I would get back my old texts and camera roll... once I did that I was hosed..

EVEN SCARIER .... a DFU restore would not work either... I've been jailbreaking since the very first jailbreak was ever released and I've never seen a DFU restore not work.. after trying several times, I decided to use the standard restore mode which for me was never very reliable.. fortunately that worked and I was able to reinstall 8.1 .. I'm not patiently waiting for a more stable jailbreak before I even dare try it again, as well as a complete cydia/substrate implementation.

For those who don't know how to get into the standard restore mode... you unplug, then you power off the device ( which can be tricky when the phone is in this kind of state ) ... then you hold down home and plug the device in.. if all success you'll see the "plug into itunes" graphic

Thanks

Default An Updated Version of the Pangu Jailbreak Tool With Cydia for iOS 8 Reportedl...
    When you're in bootloop purgatory it's still easy to get into DFU restore..you just can't power off your phone the normal way before starting. So - from bootloop state hold down power and home buttons til phone turns off. As soon as Apple logo disappears let go of both buttons. Now your phone is completely off / no different than turning off the usual way.

Now DO NOT plug phone into iTunes since this will restart your phone and put you back into bootloop.

Now follow the normal DFU restore mode steps: 10 seconds holding down both buttons then release power button while still holding home button down - 10 more seconds holding down just home button.. You will now be in DFU restore mode..NOW plug your phone into iTunes and you'll see that it's ready to restore.

All good.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-24)

I like to tinker, which is part of the appeal of jailbreaking. but not to the degree suggested by this thread. I'll wait a bit (have to anyway since new 6+ is 3 weeks away).

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (2014-10-24), SpiderManAPV (2014-10-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    I like to tinker, which is part of the appeal of jailbreaking. but not to the degree suggested by this thread. I'll wait a bit (have to anyway since new 6+ is 3 weeks away).
    The trick is - to hope that your 6+ when it comes, is still jail breakable. It may ship with 8.1.1 or 8.2 which may not be jail breakable. Hoping it will be - but Apple will likely have closed the exploits in the 8.0-8.1 JB.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The trick is - to hope that your 6+ when it comes, is still jail breakable. It may ship with 8.1.1 or 8.2 which may not be jail breakable. Hoping it will be - but Apple will likely have closed the exploits in the 8.0-8.1 JB.
    I know, it's stressful

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried about it. My iPhone last year shipped with a version of iOS that I think was at least two weeks old. It was two versions old anyway. It usually takes Apple a few versions before they even get around to closing the holes anyway.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-10-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    The evaders could've jail broken the devices a lot earlier. They were withholding and had to release a jailbreak so they could collect there money. I know they worked hard but they didn't make their jailbreaks as fast as possible. With more groups back in the mix, there will be more competition to get a jailbreak out faster again like the good old days.
    The evaders also waited for all new devices to be released to ensure they could be jailbroken

I may wait a few days and then try if they update the JB

I'm wait at less a mouth so all the themes & tweaks get updated!! 😎👍

Thanks

After redoing my JB and Cydia install following the instructions in that post I linked, I have a perfectly stable JB. No issues whatsoever. I just need Activator to be updated and I'm golden.

I'm still on IOS 7.1.2 didn't update to iOS 8 because I couldn't possibly live with out a jailbreak on my IDevice. I'll be getting the iPhone 6 in a couple months so hopefully the jailbreak for IOS 8 is up and running so I can just pick up where I left off.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DamianR For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2014-10-24)

And there is another breakthrough........Apple File Conduit "2" for 8.1.....and again we have full access to the raw file system

Has anyone verified the validity of the Pangu jailbreak. No malicious code installed? Also, why does clicking on Page 2 of the comments just send me to the top of Page 1. I can't get to the rest of the comments on here...

Update: posting a comment finally took me to page 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mike42 View Post
    I'm wait at less a mouth so all the themes & tweaks get updated!! ����
    This.... gave me a headache. It's clear what you mean, but soooo many errors in so few words.
    Last edited by Crafty42; 2014-10-24 at 07:59 PM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crafty42 For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (2014-10-24), IGallagher (2014-10-24)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast