Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some Bank of America Customers Reportedly Being Charged Twice When Using Apple Pay

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Some Bank of America Customers Reportedly Being Charged Twice When Using Apple Pay

It has been reported that some customers using Bank of America on Apple Pay have been charged twice when using the new feature since its launch this week. Apparently, there is a glitch going on between the bank and payment network, which ends up doubling-charging customers. This issue is currently being worked on and is expected to be resolved soon. Reported by Re/code, the problem has affected approximately 1,000 transactions but does not have to do with the Apple Pay feature itself.

The bank is working on the known issue and took it to Twitter to announce that any and all duplicate transactions would be reversed for customers. Other than this specific issue that came up, no other issue in regards to Apple’s new payment system has been reported. It has been noted that Apple Pay users have found that the system has gone beyond their expectations. For those looking to use the new feature would need to own an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus device with iOS 8.1 installed on their phones. You can either choose to input an active credit card, debit card, or both.

Source: Re/code

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Precisely why I no longer deal with Bank of America. I had an account with them for years until I didn't use it for about 6 months because I opened an account at a different bank cause they were closer. Never officially closed the account and about a month ago I get an overdraft notice from them and I destroyed the card months ago! They are a shady bank.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is BofA still in business?

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Most likely the same reason Sprint, AT&T, Comcast, etc. are still in business. They're so big it's hard not to deal with them.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Some Bank of America Customers Reportedly Being Charged Twice When Using Appl...
    I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have been with Bank of America since it was Nations Bank. Never had a problem and if I did it was corrected within a day or so. I travel the world and have had money stolen and they replaced it within 2 days. But I have friends that also have had bad experiences.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO5873 View Post
    I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have been with Bank of America since it was Nations Bank. Never had a problem and if I did it was corrected within a day or so. I travel the world and have had money stolen and they replaced it within 2 days. But I have friends that also have had bad experiences.
    ^^try shopping for better rates. could be time to switch banks before they figure out how to steal your money too

iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    ^^try shopping for better rates. could be time to switch banks before they figure out how to steal your money too
    Better rates? I only use them for checking and I never pay any fees.

I might have been charged six times for two transactions at McDonald's last night. My phone still doesn't show the totals but it thinks I paid five times with my Chase Rewards card and one time with my Bank of America debit card.

Just so I have it somewhere:
    I attempted to pay for my food at McDonald's using my Chase Rewards card with Apple Pay. At first, my fingerprint was rejected with the message to "Try Again," but I repositioned my thumb and tried again. This time it said "Done." The previous transaction date/time and amount disappeared and were replaced with "Just Now," indicating that the last transaction had only just happened, but the cashier insisted that I still needed to swipe. Their terminal was showing the amount due and prompting me to swipe. I tried it again and it worked. I got a notification soon after indicating that my card was just used for Apple Pay.

I spoke with my brother on the phone and he asked me to buy him something while I was still there at McDonald's. I went back and was helped by a different employee. It said "done" but the terminal still said to swipe. I tried again and it still changed to "Thank You..." I thought it worked but the employee informed me that it still didn't go through. She got the previous employee to come back and help. The other employee told me she had to enter some kind of code. I was still in the app (not on the lock screen) but this time I noticed that it had brought up my Bank of America debit card. I wasn't sure if I had left it there after flipping through a few cards after my previous attempt, but I switched to my Chase Rewards card and tried again. It still prompted to swipe. I lifted the phone slightly and lowered it to try again as she put in the "code" (FOURTH attempt in the same attempted transaction). I noticed too late to cancel but just offing and lowering triggered it to switch back to my Bank of America debit card again! I was NOT on my lock screen or anywhere where it would switch to a default card. I had specifically launched the app and selected my Chase Rewards card! Both my Bank of America debit and Chase Rewards cards claimed that I had just made a transaction using them! I did not get a notification about the Bank of America debit card being used for Apple Pay. Neither card shows the amount of the previous transaction.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO5873 View Post
    Better rates? I only use them for checking and I never pay any fees.
    Exactly... Why not get interest AND no fees... Just sayin

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

MOJO5873 (2014-10-24)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Exactly... Why not get interest AND no fees... Just sayin
    Credit Unions FTW.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

I see BofA caught up with my wife, she always charges me twice to get in the sac for a night.