Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saurik Releases iOS 8 Cydia for New Pangu Jailbreak, But You Have to Install it

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    I'm just nervous about the whole "Apple is testing 8.1, 8.2, and 8.3 simultaneously."

My 6+ won't ship until around 11/14 (ordered today). I obv want a fresh clean 8.1 install before the JB. worried 8.2 will be right on 8.1's heels with a patch.
    What company did you order it from?

Quote Originally Posted by H3LLGWAR View Post
    What company did you order it from?
    verizon. was the easiest way for me to use my son's upgrade for my phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Matatoto's Avatar
    Thanks

If you don't jailbreak no more then why you're on MOD MY IPHONE??? DOnt need mod??? Then go read other news sources or sites! So you're here for reason.... ? Pointless point or statement!

With the awesome news of the jailbreak, I have backed up my iPad, and restored it via DFU mode, in preparation for the release of the jailbreak with cydia built in. (I had done a DFU upgrade to 8.0, then all the subsequent updates, 8.0.2 and 8.1 were grabbed OTA, and I know OTA is not safe for jail breaking.)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

I'm manually theming my icons right now. Here's my newest setup:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Glawrence33 (2014-10-23)

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roger1079 View Post
    I actually have jailbroken my devices previously and starting with IOS7 all the worthwhile jailbreak tweaks were included in the IOS update by competent developers at Apple. If you want a sampling of worthless tweaks, just look at any of the "Best tweaks of the week" posts here. Oooooh.....increase the blur of the notification drawer or change the distance between the text and icons. Talk about absolutely AWESOME! I can't wait to get that jailbreak installed so I can get started wrecking the stability of my phone.
    Not entirely true. Until recently I had a mobile plan that charged $$$ for creating a wifi hotspot so MyWi was very useful. And on my iPhone 5 I still use a tweak that disables the screen lock passcode on designated wifi stations. Need for that would disappear with a 5s or later.

But yeah, a large majority of tweaks now are really trivial and worthless.

activator, flipcontrolcenter, bitesms, f.lux, iFile, slo-mo mod (since I'm on an IP5). all SUPER useful.

Plus lots of other "little" useful tweaks like volumeHUd, typestatus, springtomize, callbar, centered, infinidock, lumos, ncobey, open notifier, protube/bridge, statusbar weather, tinybar, all make my phone BETTER.

AFAIK, none of those functions are available to me stock. and they are all stable, by able devs. And they ALL make my phone better and my life easier and more efficient.

It's not working.. I get installation okey, but after I do the reboot Cydia will not appear....

How to install cydia package?

I don't use the word "troll" often, by why are you people responding to him? He is obviously laughing his *** off every time someone responds to him and I'm sure he had a huge belly laugh at the idiotic "marinate on that" or whatever line. He is just getting everyone riled up yet people still reply to him as if he is making a reasoned argument.

Thanks

Got it to install on my 6. I don't really see the point of installing Cydia at this time other than to say "i have Cydia" There is absolutely nothing you can do with it at this time. I restored and will wait for an official release. This will give the Dev's time to update their packages so that Cydia is once again compatible. Happy Jailbreaking everyone :]

Yeah, not sure why Apple doesn't include pictures of the person your having a text conversation with or anywhere else your contacts show up, but for me Copic style tweaks are priceless.

Thanks

A work around to this issue, is to install animate and animate fix because on boot, it resprings after loading the boot logo. So just download and install that, and a boot logo of your choice, and use that. I haven't tested it, however I think it should work. Someone plz try and get back to me on this, just leave a reply and I'll look into it more e

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    A work around to this issue, is to install animate and animate fix because on boot, it resprings after loading the boot logo. So just download and install that, and a boot logo of your choice, and use that. I haven't tested it, however I think it should work. Someone plz try and get back to me on this, just leave a reply and I'll look into it more e
    What issue?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    What issue?
    The issue of Cydia Substrate not loading on start up. As of now, you have to respring after booting up. you can avoid this (i think) by installing animate and a boot logo of choice and so that will use that, and animate automatically resprings on boot up, so you don't have to do it manually.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iH85CH001 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-23)

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    The issue of Cydia Substrate not loading on start up. As of now, you have to respring after booting up. you can avoid this (i think) by installing animate and a boot logo of choice and so that will use that, and animate automatically resprings on boot up, so you don't have to do it manually.
    I jail broke but I restored my phone and will just wait for the version with cydia bundled and when more tweaks are updated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
    I jail broke but I restored my phone and will just wait for the version with cydia bundled and when more tweaks are updated.
    Did you try this fix?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...ml#post7160965

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I have a PC. Hope to get a MAC for Christmas or New Year's.

Thanks

CyberDuck is for Mac and PC. As long as you get Terminal access, you can do this!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I use winscp for PC. It's literally the same steps broski. It's not as difficult as it appears on paper

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234