Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saurik Releases iOS 8 Cydia for New Pangu Jailbreak, But You Have to Install it

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ what theme is that?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kingchkn For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-23)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Already themed my icons!!!

ip6+ 8.1

Restoring from backup ATM
    man you do work fast...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-10-23), thazsar (2014-10-23)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingchkn View Post
    ^^ what theme is that?
    It's just my AppIconMask from my RingMasker theme

Quote Originally Posted by roger1079 View Post
    Awesome.....now people can ruin their Apple devices with garbage tweaks and steal software from hardworking developers all at the cost of poor stability and poor battery life. Way to go dev's for again undermining Apple's pursuit of a flawless device. If you guys want poorly working software on an unstable device, just go buy something running Android. Hopefully Apple closes this hole quickly.
    Thanks to those "garbage tweaks" IOS is what it is today. GTFO

7. The Following User Says Thank You to volks For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-10-23)

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    I suspect I bricked my iphone 5s ... not even DFU is working..

I restored fresh to 8.1 ... I ran the jailbreak, it worked.. I got Cydia installed... then after all that i decided to restore my settings to get my camera roll back, fb login.. etc .. after that my phone rebooted and stayed at the apple logo for a half hour.. I finally decided I needed to DFU ... it went into DFU mode just fine... itunes detected it.. I selected the 8.1 ipsw file... it just stays a black screen with "preparing iphone for restore" .... does NOTHING it just sits there for another 30 minutes ..
    Take it to an Apple Store. Say you were updating to iOS 8.1 and now it won't start.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Default Saurik Releases iOS 8 Cydia for New Pangu Jailbreak, But You Have to Install it
    Quote Originally Posted by altoiddealer View Post
    Use ifunbox. Too easy
    iFunBox doesn't work yet. Do some reading and don't just blather on about nonsense - please.. The AppleConduit2 is needed before iFunBox will work with the iOS 8 JB. And it's not ready yet.

Only OpenSSH auto installs now with current JB tool. So we're stuck with WinScP or CyberDuck to get into our phones.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

gotmuscle (2014-10-23)

I finally upgraded to iOS8.1 because a JB is on the horizon. I wanted to use it for a while before JBing it. But who in their right mind would screw around with a barely workable JB solution and an untested cydia to install software that can break everything?

Doing the JB now and installing untested software is basically software russian roulette with your iphone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeStorm For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-10-23)

Roger1079 stability of the 'effin OS? WoW!! STABILITY??? No wonder apple keep updating their stock IOS coz even how many beta passed Still damn buggy!! Like.. (Ios 8.0 - 8.0.1 - 8.0.2 so on & on & on...) it is clear enough for me that your a fanboi of stock ios!! Guess what?! Quit wasting your time posting craps that stock ios has.. If not from these underground devs apple is nuttin! It made me think that all these fiasco about new stuff for new ios and dev did it in purpose so that people talk about it make it hype and sh*+ thats how they gather customer. #istillloveapple productsandwillbeusingfor-long-while...

Awesome.....now people can ruin their Apple devices with garbage tweaks and steal software from hardworking developers all at the cost of poor stability and poor battery life. Way to go dev's for again undermining Apple's pursuit of a flawless device. If you guys want poorly working software on an unstable device, just go buy something running Android. Hopefully Apple closes this hole quickly.
    I'm running a jailbroken iOS 7.1.2 on an iPhone 4 with quite a few tweaks installed.

Stealing Apps? Nope, I actually buy them.
    Poor stability? Nope, everything runs just fine.
    Poor battery life? Nope, I get two days with average use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    I finally upgraded to iOS8.1 because a JB is on the horizon. I wanted to use it for a while before JBing it. But who in their right mind would screw around with a barely workable JB solution and an untested cydia to install software that can break everything?

Doing the JB now and installing untested software is basically software russian roulette with your iphone.
    I'm in my right mind and testing out what might work for now!

I just ended up in a bootloop cuz I installed Winterboard (and it's dependencies) plus I messed w/ the ProceduralWallpapers. Not sure which one caused it but that's the fun of it, right!?!?

I'm in my right mind and testing out what might work for now!

I just ended up in a bootloop cuz I installed Winterboard (and it's dependencies) plus I messed w/ the ProceduralWallpapers. Not sure which one caused it but that's the fun of it, right!?!?
    Better you than me Take all of the arrows so my JB experience will be nice and uneventful.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeStorm For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-10-23), UtSulumSuusOwn (2014-10-23)

I'm so excited to finally be able to hide Newsstand again! :P.

And Tips, hahaha.
    Talking to the songbird yesterday...

Thanks

Turns out it was WB install that crashed my phone.

New screenie w/ my icons and custom Dynamic Wallpaper
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-10-23 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks

How are you installing WB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO.....point proven.
    You're a real doochebag ha..? If you know what you're doing, there's absolutely no downside to jail breaking. It doesn't slow down your device. It doesn't compromise security it only makes it better. If there's no jailbreak - the iPhone is unusable for me. Now let me say something else:
    **** YOU WITH A BROOMSTICK!!!
    Let that marinate... :-)

Is anyone noticing that they can no longer send photos through iMessage, just an empty bubble is sent, send yourself a message with a photo and see I think this may be a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnyabc View Post
    Is anyone noticing that they can no longer send photos through iMessage, just an empty bubble is sent, send yourself a message with a photo and see I think this may be a bug.
    it is. other people have experienced that issue in /r/jailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnyabc View Post
    Well known bug in JB right now. Have to restore to get it working right again.

So iconomatic is working already? Or is that a manual theming thing to get the round?

Saurik had to act fast - he's got a monopoly on distribution software for jailbroken phones. If he didn't hurry then someone else would have stepped up (and perhaps given us a better platform for distributing themes).

has any one done jb on ios 8 or 8.1 and using whatsapp? because when i was on ios 7 and jbriken, whatsapp recently updated and stopped working. giving a message saying whatsapp will not work on jbroken devices. any idea?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast