Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Users Confirm Apple Pay Works Globally with US-Based Credit Cards

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Users Confirm Apple Pay Works Globally with US-Based Credit Cards

Users from all over the world are testing Apple Pay after the service launched this week and many are finding that they are able to pay at certain near-field communication terminals in various countries such as Canada, Australia and the United Arab Emirates. The common factors among the people whose Apple Pay features worked were: a compatible credit card that scanned into passbook and an iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 Plus whose region was set to the US. By utilizing a generic NFC payment terminal, US-based credit cards were being approved with no further steps necessary.

This was likely possible due to Apple opting to integrate with existing NFC systems which were already available on the market rather than developing its own wireless standard. The existing NFC mobile payment infrastructure is also compatible with the EMV standard for chip cards which consists of Europay, MasterCard and Visa).

One thing to take note here is that the compatibility with global systems points out that the international rollout for Apple Pay isnít hindered by technology but rather the fact that Apple has to come to an agreement with banks and credit card issuers. Once a decision is reached, Apple will likely be able to quickly rollout and expand its Apple Pay features across the globe.

For those of you who didnít already know, Apple Pay officially launched in the US yesterday with the release of iOS 8.1. For now, compatibility remains exclusive to the iPhone 6 ad iPhone 6 Plus. Come the beginning of next year, Apple Pay will also be supported on the Apple Watch.

Source: TechSmartt (YouTube), MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

in denmark it is not the same ios 8.1 as in the USA, in settings under icloud and Itunes we doent have apple pay, it is missing in ios 8.1 here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    in denmark it is not the same ios 8.1 as in the USA, in settings under icloud and Itunes we doent have apple pay, it is missing in ios 8.1 here
    Yes Apple said its only for US right now and if they take as long as iradio expect it to hit Europe in 50 years. Not that I'll be using it 😜

Applepay doesn't work with TD bank

Wireless pay services are a bad idea plain and simple, if you need this explained to you then you definetely should not be using it.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Wireless pay services are a bad idea plain and simple, if you need this explained to you then you definetely should not be using it.
    Apparently I'm dumb as I have no idea why this is a bad idea. More secure? Check. Easier? Check.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    So plain and simple that you don't have a plain and simple explanation? Lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes