Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Reportedly Launch Apple Pay Loyalty Program in time for the Holidays

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple to Reportedly Launch Apple Pay Loyalty Program in time for the Holidays

The long-rumored loyalty rewards program for the holiday shopping season may soon be ready according to the folks over at Bank Innovation. This particular loyalty program was thought to be launching alongside “Apple Pay 2.0” in October 2015 but recent reports are suggesting that Apple may have went ahead and decided to push it out a year early due to demand from its merchants. The following was cited by Bank Innovation regarding the matter:

The loyalty program looks like it will come this year, based on Digiday’s timetable. This was unexpected — many had assumed the program would wait until the launch of Apple Pay 2.0, tentatively scheduled for October 2015. It looks like market demand pushed the timetable up to this holiday season, which my sources within the retail industry have said for some time is “super unlikely.”

The sources went on to claim that the Cupertino California company plans to monetize its mobile payment system by integrating iAds with Apple Pay. The iAd part of the loyalty system will be using both iBeacons and Bluetooth LE to help push targeted ads with a “tap-to-buy” button to customers as they visit certain participating merchants.

For those of you who didn’t already know or are just living under a rock, Apple Pay was officially launched yesterday. The mobile payment solution is compatible with several major payment networks including American Express, Mastercard and Visa. NFC payments can also be made in stores but will require the current-gen iPhone models (iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus) while devices including the new iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 will be able to make purchases online with Apple Pay.

Have any of you utilized Apple Pay yet? If so, how’d your experience turn out? If you haven’t will you attempt to utilize it in the near future?

Source: Digiday, Bank Innovation via MacRumors
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-10-21 at 10:16 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I'm outside with no coat on now so I will have an excuse to go walk in Walgreens and go buy cough syrup with Apple Pay

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aceestes For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-10-22)

I used it today at Whole Foods. Worked flawlessly. Phone was in sleep mode and when I put it near the card machine it came on right to the fingerprint screen. I have my Debit card linked (used the "Use card linked to iTunes" option when I set it up) so the reader still asked for a PIN as though I swiped it but no problems here thus far. Going to link it to a credit card instead.

Didn't work at one McDonald's last night but worked at another today. Also, Passbook wanted me to try my Citi credit card again "later" but didn't let me add it until today. I saw a Forbes article or something where Citibank is the first card they added (may have been a debit card or something).

Mine worked great at McDs today to get a McRib!! Took like 2 seconds and people there freaked out like I was an alien or something. Lol

Doesn't work with TD bank card

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    ... Also, Passbook wanted me to try my Citi credit card again "later" but didn't let me add it until today. I saw a Forbes article or something where Citibank is the first card they added (may have been a debit card or something).
    I have tried my Citi card a handful of times with the same "try again in a few minutes" message. Oh well...

Thanks

Well Apple Pay worked perfectly at McDonald's, but not so well at Walgreens (I think cashier error).

I made two attempts with Apple Pay at Walgreens, but the cashier said it didn't work although my phone acknowledged that it did work. I finally just used my Bank of America debit card to make my purchase.

I immediately double checked my bank account and I was indeed charged twice by mobile payment and then again by debit card.

The McDonald's process worked quickly and without any problems.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I'm loving Apple Pay.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-22)

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MAUDJACK View Post
    Well Apple Pay worked perfectly at McDonald's, but not so well at Walgreens (I think cashier error).

I made two attempts with Apple Pay at Walgreens, but the cashier said it didn't work although my phone acknowledged that it did work. I finally just used my Bank of America debit card to make my purchase.

I immediately double checked my bank account and I was indeed charged twice by mobile payment and then again by debit card.

The McDonald's process worked quickly and without any problems.
    I saw a post somewhere where about 1,000 BOA customers had duplicate charges. It's something on BOA end and they are working on a fix for it and will refund all customers that were affected.

Thanks

Yeah, I saw that earlier today. I already contacted both Walgreens and Bank of America. I'll just wait until it gets sorted out.