Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fruit Ninja Gets Updated With Awesome New Ghostbusters Update in Time for Halloween

Default Fruit Ninja Gets Updated With Awesome New Ghostbusters Update in Time for Halloween

The highly popular Fruit Ninja game for the iOS platform has received an update to version 2.1.0. Halfbrick, the developers of the game, have given the game a spin on the popular movie series Ghostbusters. The update is said to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the movie series.

The update puts all of your Fruit Ninja characters into Ghostbusters equipment, including their new clothes, ecto-goggles, proton packs, and more.

With the new proton packs, you can bring even more fruit into the line of slashing fire. In turn, you have a chance to increase your score drastically. The game also adds a new Ghostbusters Dojo, which you'll find familiar if you've ever seen Ghostbusters II. Halfbrick notes that you'll find ghost traps that you can slice in order to release large clusters of fruit that you can slash.

The last thing that you're going to notice is that the fruit has an eerie new color to it to match the spooky ghost-like ecto-ness. That, or the fruit is just expired. You choose.

If you're an existing player of Fruit Ninja for iOS, then this update is available under the Updates tab in the App Store application. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Fruit Ninja for 99 from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store

It's pretty cool, but I have a little more trouble distinguishing the bombs. They look more similar to the coconuts now with everything glowing.

There is no option to disable the glow, or switch off the Ghostbusters theme, so for those about to update be forewarned that you will be playing in this mode until they decide to release an update with the theme removed (or if you happen to be jailbroken and able to manually install a previous .IPS version)

Quote Originally Posted by altoiddealer View Post
    It's pretty cool, but I have a little more trouble distinguishing the bombs. They look more similar to the coconuts now with everything glowing.

There is no option to disable the glow, or switch off the Ghostbusters theme, so for those about to update be forewarned that you will be playing in this mode until they decide to release an update with the theme removed (or if you happen to be jailbroken and able to manually install a previous .IPS version)
    You don't have to be jail broken in order to install an IPA file that your previously backed up, as long as you originally downloaded it through official channels.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to szr For This Useful Post:

altoiddealer (2014-10-21)

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    You don't have to be jail broken in order to install an IPA file that your previously backed up, as long as you originally downloaded it through official channels.
    Didn't know!! Thanks!

Time to see if I have a copy of the previous version

Quote Originally Posted by altoiddealer View Post
    Didn't know!! Thanks!

Time to see if I have a copy of the previous version
    If you updated on your device and then synced with your computer, then the copy on your computer would have gotten overwritten. So unless you saved the IPA be file before that, and you're not jail broken, then you're stuck with that version and beyond.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

On my computer whenever an app gets updated it simply moves the old version of the app to the recycling bin (I'm on window). It's been a while since I've manually restored an app to a previous version, but perhaps that would work still. Steps:
    1. Delete app from device.
    2. Open iTunes and find said app.
    3. Delete the app from iTunes.
    4. Open the recycling bin and find whatever version of the app you wish to install.
    5. Right click and choose the restore option.

Hope this still works and helps you guys.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!