Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 6 Plus Accounts for 25% of iPhone Sales

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's iPhone 6 Plus Accounts for 25% of iPhone Sales

It has been reported that Apple’s recently released 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus equates to approximately 25% of the company’s iPhone sales. The quarterly survey by Consumer Intelligence Research Partners, detailed by Steven Milunovich of UBS noted that the smaller 4.7-inch iPhone 6 accounted for 62% of iPhone sales with the larger device accounting for about 25%. Due to the success, market watchers believe Apple’s margins will skyrocket overall. Keith Bachman of BMP Capital Markets conducted another survey and questioned approximately 800 U.S. and U.K. consumers in regards to the recent iPhone release.

Apple’s new iPhone lineup did not have the usual 32GB of storage this year, making the next device after the base model, 64GB of storage. The survey also suggested that almost 50% of users would purchase an iPhone with 64GB of storage capacity. Because many consumers plan on purchasing a higher storage device (which is $100 more than the base model) and the larger 6 Plus device (which is more expensive), it is likely that Apple’s numbers will increase in the first quarter of next year.

Source: AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

The iphone 6 plus was hard to get when they first released it. Some stores didn't even carry it, it was only up for pre order. If I stood in line for hours I would want something

Thanks

I'll never understand why they didn't just drop the 16gb and make the phones 32 64 and 128gb

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to patoons For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-10-17), Chula (2014-10-19), MoDaLoT (2014-10-17), oldskoolsk8r (2014-10-20), Rondon360 (2014-10-17), Sage I (2014-10-17), stolenpentium (2014-10-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still trying to get another iPhone 6+ 128GB

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    I'll never understand why they didn't just drop the 16gb and make the phones 32 64 and 128gb
    If the start GB was 32 how many people do you really think would opt for the 64?

Not many. Apple knows this and are making tons off of it

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThuD Muffin For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-10-18), SpiderManAPV (2014-10-17)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    If the start GB was 32 how many people do you really think would opt for the 64?

Do I like it? No. Would I do the same thing in their place, yeah most likely.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Do I like it? No. Would I do the same thing in their place, yeah most likely.
    Yep! Felt pretty much forced to get the 64gb model because my 16gb iphone 5 was constantly running out of space. Realistically 32gb is more than I'll ever need

I actually feel pretty bad for anyone who gets a 16gb 6+. When developers start truly taking advantage of that display they're going to quickly run out of space.
    Last edited by ThuD Muffin; 2014-10-17 at 03:20 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThuD Muffin For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-17)

Most likely because they wanted to keep the least expensive option of the 3, still available to canvas all price points...

you mean to tell me a more expensive product accounts for more sales, who'd thought that, wow math what an amazing thing.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    you mean to tell me a more expensive product accounts for more sales, who'd thought that, wow math what an amazing thing.
    What?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Forget that start at 64gb 128gb then 256gb

Thanks

Yep! Felt pretty much forced to get the 64gb model because my 16gb iphone 5 was constantly running out of space. Realistically 32gb is more than I'll ever need

I actually feel pretty bad for anyone who gets a 16gb 6+. When developers start truly taking advantage of that display they're going to quickly run out of space.
    Can you explain this a bit more? Why would a bigger screen/resolution mean bigger app size?

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Can you explain this a bit more? Why would a bigger screen/resolution mean bigger app size?
    There's a reason many iPad apps are larger in size versus the iphone variant. A developer that takes advantage of the larger screen will basically just pack more objects into that screen size to try and offer a better experience, thus you get larger app sizes.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ThuD Muffin For This Useful Post:

se23 (2014-10-19)

Quote Originally Posted by TT KH View Post
    I'm still trying to get another iPhone 6+ 128GB
    How bout Im Still waiting on my Pre-order iPhone 6 Plus...
    Who's Next...GO BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Its not about the screen size, it's about what the phone is capable of. It can handle far more complex games which means more assets like larger textures and more complex scenes.

But of course, 16GB is a massive amount of space for those that only play one or two games at a time.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

se23 (2014-10-19)

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

I received mine a month earlier than they said!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

Exactly...it's so dumb how they did it

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Exactly right!! It's evident that several here haven't been thru an Economics 101 course in school. .. No one would have bought the 64 if 32 had been the lowest level. It was a blatant profit move. Apple-1, Customer-0..

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Exactly right!! It's evident that several here haven't been thru an Economics 101 course in school. .. No one would have bought the 64 if 32 had been the lowest level. It was a blatant profit move. Apple-1, Customer-0..
    Yup, overall, Apple just looks greedy. But, all of them who get the 64 and "didn't need more than 32" will probably never run out of space!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Yup, overall, Apple just looks greedy. But, all of them who get the 64 and "didn't need more than 32" will probably never run out of space!
    I thought that too but it's like the 16 vs 32. most got 16. those who need 32 got that one. the price point is more of an attraction to a size than the size itself anyway. so most ppl will get the 16 or 32 because it's cheapest, not because of size

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast