Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Pay Launching Monday

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple Pay Launching Monday

Kicking off this morning's presentation in Cupertino, California, Apple CEO Tim Cook began with a few non-specific but grandiose words of praise for Apple's new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

Confirming the biggest launch in the history of iPhone (no sales numbers were provided), Cook made it clear that the company's newest flagship devices are red-hot and only growing hotter.

But before Cook yielded the floor to colleagues who would unveil new Apple hardware, the first real chunk of news to come out of today's media event is confirmation of the launch of Apple Pay.

Cook said moments ago during his opening remarks that Apple Pay will officially launch Monday, October 20th. "We think that it is going to be profound," Cook said of the impending launch.

According to details shared today, Cook says all three major credit card networks are implementing Apple Pay (not to mention a rapidly growing number of retailers around the country) and some 500 other banks.

Cook made it clear today that Apple Pay isn't just for physical retail, but also for greater online shopping convenience.

Source: Apple

So just USA? I wonder if it will make it outside of the USA.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Default Apple Pay Launching Monday
    So let me make sure I get this straight… If my bank, Wells Fargo, adopts ApplePay (which they have)… Then it's as simple as me associating my WF accounts and my credit cards with ApplePay and then when I go to a vendor that accepts ApplePay I simply swipe my phone near a reader or something like that?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

MoDaLoT (2014-10-17)

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So just USA? I wonder if it will make it outside of the USA.
    This would be much more difficult to launch worldwide. There are FAR MORE banks than there are cell phone service providers. They have to negotiate with banks on top of all the different merchants and whatever regulatory committee in each country.