Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YouTube Gets Updated to Take Advantage of iPhone 6/6 Plus Resolutions, Facebook Too

Default YouTube Gets Updated to Take Advantage of iPhone 6/6 Plus Resolutions, Facebook Too

Google's YouTube application for iOS was updated on Wednesday with newfangled support for the higher retina HD display resolutions of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Apple's iPhone 6 holds a resolution of 326 PPI in a 4.7-inch display, while the iPhone 6 Plus holds a resolution of 401 PPI in a 5.5-inch display.

Version 2.13 of the YouTube application is available right now in the iOS App Store with not only the new support for Apple's latest iPhones, but also some additional improvements to fix bugs and improve overall stability of the application for users.

For example, a fix for the Status Bar overlapping the YouTube application interface has been implemented and a fix for keyboard orientation problems has been implemented. Google also notes that they've made the media scrubber much more responsive for more accurate video scrubbing and that you can now see all of your playlists when adding videos.

In addition to YouTube, Facebook has also updated their social networking application for iOS to take advantage of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus retina HD displays.

Existing users of the YouTube or Facebook applications for iOS will find these update under the Updates tab in the App Store application. Alternatively, you can download the latest versions of both applications from the download links below:

Sources: App Store

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

radeonxt (2014-10-16)

No thanks, Facebook, I'll keep my old version that still allows me to send messages from my phone.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raptor2213 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2014-10-15), Jahooba (2014-10-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    No thanks, Facebook, I'll keep my old version that still allows me to send messages from my phone.
    You must be on an iPhone 5S or older. I'm not that eagerly awaiting a jailbreak for iPhone 6/ iOS 8, but I would certainly use it to fix FB and not have to use their stupid messenger app.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (2014-10-15)

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    You must be on an iPhone 5S or older. I'm not that eagerly awaiting a jailbreak for iPhone 6/ iOS 8, but I would certainly use it to fix FB and not have to use their stupid messenger app.
    How about using Paper for Fb

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bisayakid07 For This Useful Post:

bk4life (2014-10-16)

Thanks

Text is tiny on fb now 😞

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Default YouTube Gets Updated to Take Advantage of iPhone 6/6 Plus Resolutions, Facebo...
    You guys do know this is a YouTube thread right?

Edit: Just noticed the tiny FB mention.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

FB really need to start listing what they are doing when updating their app. I'm surprised iTunes team lets them get away with that same stupid generic description. Be nice what they are fixing, adding, or deleting features for the app. Still no landscape mode either, especially for the 6 Plus

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

NSXrebel (2014-10-16), se23 (2014-10-16)

I don't think Facebook ever heard that saying, "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

To be honest the new app is pretty nice and you can just hide Facebook messenger in a folder. You'll still be able to access messenger from the Facebook app it just goes to the messenger app and when your done you just tap back and your right back in the Facebook app.

Quote Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
    To be honest the new app is pretty nice and you can just hide Facebook messenger in a folder. You'll still be able to access messenger from the Facebook app it just goes to the messenger app and when your done you just tap back and your right back in the Facebook app.
    It worked just fine before, I seriously don't see how it's any "faster" now.

Any one else's phone go into sleep while watching a video on YouTube now?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnyabc View Post
    Any one else's phone go into sleep while watching a video on YouTube now?
    let me go test.

works fine for me.
    Last edited by NSXrebel; 2014-10-16 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks

oh, just get "fbnoneedmessenger" from cydia. adds messaging back in the fb app. no need for the separate app

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    oh, just get "fbnoneedmessenger" from cydia. adds messaging back in the fb app. no need for the separate app
    Or just do what I did and remove Facebook from your life. So worth it.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (2014-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Or just do what I did and remove Facebook from your life. So worth it.
    I've deleted my fb now. I waste to much time in there. I've now enrolled in an online course and truereddit is now the place I spend my free time in.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-19)