Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'EQUALarm' Makes You Solve Easy or Hard Math Problems to Silence Your Morning Alarm

Default 'EQUALarm' Makes You Solve Easy or Hard Math Problems to Silence Your Morning Alarm

Sometimes when our alarms go off in the morning, we're not entirely ready to get up. Sometimes, this means that when we turn our alarm off, we expect to snooze for a couple more minutes and we end up waking up an hour later.

If you want to prevent this from happening, the best way is to make your brain work hard for the silence of your alarm being turned off. With a new jailbreak tweak called EQUALarm by iOS development firm PAL Labs, you will have to solve a math problem for your alarm to shut up each morning.

Shown above, you can see how we are required to enter the answer of a math problem when an alarm begins going off. We have to put in an answer that solves the problem, or else the alarm won't turn off. If you get the answer right, you can then choose to either disable or snooze the alarm. The interface doesn't look half bad either!

The tweak is a little more feature-packed than some of its competition. You'll find some options in the Settings application where you can configure the tweak to your liking:

From here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, configure the difficulty level of the math problem, see a running average of how good you are at answering the math problems every morning (in percentage form), and see a test alarm interface.

The difficulty can be set to easy, medium, hard, or insane. The harder the problem, the more you're going to need either a calculator or a piece of paper to solve the problem. If you have a really hard time waking up in the morning, then you might pick the insane option just to keep yourself from cheating the alarm and forcing yourself to get up to solve the math problem to shut the alarm up.

If you want to give EQUALarm a try, it's available right now in Cydia's ModMyi repository for just 99. iOS 7 is required for the installation. You must set an alarm in the Clock application to use this tweak.

Name: EQUALarm
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: PAL Labs
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Dacal (2014-10-16), Matchstic (2014-10-16)

Awesome! Nothing like a brain sharpener first thing in the morning!

Some examples of the medium/hard/insane math problems would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    Some examples of the medium/hard/insane math problems would be great.
    I tried an insane one. All it really does is make you crunch numbers that are difficult to do in your head. Such as:

745 - (17 x 18)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Very cool

I bought this last night. Really cool tweak. I learned this morning- when I couldn't solve the question- that tapping the volume down button silences the alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsquaredson View Post
    I bought this last night. Really cool tweak. I learned this morning- when I couldn't solve the question- that tapping the volume down button silences the alarm.
    LMAO!!!!! This post cracked me up the way it was written lol!!