Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Retail Employees and Partners Prepare for the Impending Launch of Apple Pay

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Retail Employees and Partners Prepare for the Impending Launch of Apple Pay

According to reports from the folks over at 9to5Mac, Apple’s retail employees and partners are preparing for the upcoming launch of the Apple Pay mobile payments service with new training materials that show the feature in action. Users will be able to set up Apple Pay in Passbook or through the Settings app with up to eight credit or debit card connections with an iTunes account or with the iPhone’s camera. Each of the connected cards will allow users to access a number of features including the ability to see a simple transaction list, the ability to turn on push notifications and an area that allows quick access to a bank’s phone number and an accompany app. Passbook will even go as far as automatically updating an expired card with a new expiration date without the need to re-enter information.

When it comes to utilizing the feature at Apple Retail Stores, customers will be given the ability to return an item by holding an iPhone near a payment terminal to get a list of their recent transactions. Furthermore, receipts from Apple Store purchases won't display a customer’s contact information or credit card number, instead they will show just the last four digits of a device’s Apple Pay ID. If for some reason Apple Pay isn’t working properly for a customer, retail employees will be able to use the “Apple Pay Demo’ diagnostic software that can determine whether a device is having an issue with hardware or with something else. If it isn’t an issue with the hardware, customers will be referred to the appropriate credit card provider or bank.

The training materials which were given to retail employees mainly focused on the simplicity and security of Apple Pay to help convince customers to use utilize the feature. Every Apple Store employee is set to receive one hour of mandatory Apple Pay training this week, indicating the that the company is likely to release the service in the near future. The report even went as far as sharing that Apple Pay has already launched at its Caffe Macs cafeteria in the Infinite Loop headquarters.

With the recent internal memo from Walgreens, it appears that the service will be launching either on or slightly before this upcoming Saturday, October 18th. Are any of you excited to use the service or are you going to wait and let others try it before you jump the bandwagon?

Source: Apple via 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-10-14 at 12:49 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

It kind of seems unlikely that this will launch on the 18th due to the fact that this will launch with iOS 8.1 and we've only had 2 betas if I recall correctly.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

If iPads are, in fact, being released, 8.1 would need to be out before they were shipped. In my opinion you could say there were 5 betas as that's all 8.0, 8.0.1, and 8.0.2 were.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

No way this is coming this weekend, unless Apple is doing little to no beta testing with 8.1.

Quote Originally Posted by drmacrofish View Post
    No way this is coming this weekend, unless Apple is doing little to no beta testing with 8.1.
    I hear you, but wasn't there reports that Apple was internally beta testing 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3 simultaneously a while ago? Maybe thats all they needed and that's why. Who knows. I guess we'll see.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drmacrofish View Post
    Correct. Apple isn't doing the beta testing, we are.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-14)

I honestly can not wait for Apple Pay, I always tend to forget my wallet because I change from a suit in to jeans, I never forget my phone though. Just last week I decided to go shopping, drove to the mall, looked for parking only to find out that my wallet wasn't with me but my phone was firmly attached to me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by orgy9111 View Post
    I honestly can not wait for Apple Pay, I always tend to forget my wallet because I change from a suit in to jeans, I never forget my phone though. Just last week I decided to go shopping, drove to the mall, looked for parking only to find out that my wallet wasn't with me but my phone was firmly attached to me. lol
    Which means you're driving without license

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bisayakid07 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-15)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    Which means you're driving without license
    Tsk tsk

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Retail Employees and Partners Prepare for the Impending Launch of Apple...
    To prevent that from happening to me until ApplePay is released I've been carrying my iPhone 6 in my wallet case with my credit cards, DL and cash. It has been a life saver. I'm still going to use it as I carry my DL with me.
    Last edited by StaceyMJ86; 2014-10-15 at 05:22 PM.