Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 Lineup Preorders to Exceed 20 Million in China

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Phone 6 Lineup Preorders to Exceed 20 Million in China

Preorder of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus started last week in China, and Tencent News reported 1 million plus units were made within the first six hours of the devices being available. This number has changed drastically recently, and Tencent News is reporting that more than 20 million devices have been ordered between Apple’s website, mobile carriers, and third party vendors. According to DigiTimes,

The report stated that pre-orders on website Jingdong Mall reached nearly 10 million over the period, which coupled with orders direct to major telecom providers and Apple pushed total orders to 20 million.
    Jingdong Mall alone received approximately 10 million orders for the iPhone 6 lineup, and is one of the biggest malls in China. This means that just one location received half of all the orders made, which is extremely impressive. It was predicted that the iPhone 6 Plus would be more popular in China, however, the numbers have basically been split 50/50 for both devices. Apple has been very successful with the new iPhones and the units sold have broken records in the U.S. With recent numbers from China though, it seems like U.S. records will be broken as well.

Source: DigiTimes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

With #'s like that, you would think Apple would cater to them even before US customers. I know we don't like to hear that sort of talk but business is business.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    With #'s like that, you would think Apple would cater to them even before US customers. I know we don't like to hear that sort of talk but business is business.
    They tried to release simultaneously but the government wouldn't let them. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

I'm still waiting on mines...so let them wait as well...

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Yeah, I'd guess a Cupertino company would get hell if they released in china before the US....

Yea, we are seeing all these numbers about their preorders, but I am curious to know what their wait time is on them.