Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Impulse' Aims to Let You Control Your Music From Your Screen, Even When Turned Off

Default 'Impulse' Aims to Let You Control Your Music From Your Screen, Even When Turned Off

Have you ever really wanted a nice and subtle way to control your music on your iOS 7 device, but never had the ability to without turning on your display and then using the Lock Screen music controls?

A new jailbreak tweak called Impulse by iOS developer Noeliel aims to make it much easier to control your music when it's playing without ever having to even wake your display up. With the tweak installed, you will be able to control your music from your touch screen even when it appears to be turned off.

The tweak allows you to tap on the display to play or pause your music, as well as swipe across the display to adjust the volume level or change the track that's playing.

Impulse will add a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the the tweak's options to your liking:

From here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, as well as configure a timeout period for when Impulse will be allowed to work after music stops playing. This is a safeguard against unnecessary battery drain so that after the set amount of time, the touch screen will go to sleep along with the display.

You'll also find a secure tap option here, which aims to prevent unwanted music control input by forcing you to first tap on the display before you take any further action. This prevents the 'butt dial' effect when you slide your hand into your pocket, so that your hand doesn't accidentally increase your volume by accident and blow an eardrum.

Here, you'll also find an invert gestures option, which as the name suggests, allows you to invert the gestures so that you input them backwards to get the same effect. The ignore music option will allow your idle timeout to take effect even after music hasn't been playing at all.

If you want to give Impulse a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.99 right now. iOS 7 is required for the installation.

Name: Impulse
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Noeliel
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-10-12 at 01:58 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

There was an app for iOS 6 and earlier that had this functionality and a whole lot more. That app was called Music Controls (then later Music Controls Pro). Great app!
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That's cool! Esp for us motorcycle riders.