Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Former Microsoft Executive Creates Voice Calling and Messaging App, Talko

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Former Microsoft Executive Creates Voice Calling and Messaging App, Talko

Microsoft’s former Chief Technical Officer and Chief Software Architect recently unveiled a new iPhone app named Talko. The app is focused around voice calling and has reportedly been in the works for 2 years, with the main feature being the ability to tell if the phone recipient is walking or driving. The app is said to give the user the information on just how attentive the recipient is and could potentially prevent accidents as well.

Ozzie explained the following regarding the app:

Talko is primarily designed to work with groups, in particular to boost the productivity of collaborative workplace teams. The Talko engineers, who have been testing the product for over two years, use it for all of their stand ups, the regular meetings when they discuss progress, flag problems, and set short-time tasks. It’s not only invaluable to those who might miss a session, but also to people who are in the room together for the meeting, who can refer to key moments in a playback.
    For those of you wondering where such an idea might have been brainstormed, the creation of the app was supposedly inspired by a system that Ozzie used back in the 70’s dubbed the Talkomatic. Many of you who decide to use the app may find many similarities to apps like Line and Whatsapp, in that it combines voice chat and text messaging. We’ll have to wait and see if the app will be as successful as the myriad of group chat apps that are currently available to consumers. Those of you who want to test it out for yourself can do so for free by downloading it from the App Store (just hit the source link below).

Source: Talko (iTunes)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Sounds like a good idea but ehh I barely use FaceTime doubt ill use this lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, seems like only a niche population would use it regularly. Mainstream folks would likely use it less than sporadically...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Meh.
    LOL...riiiight. Hate to hear such brilliant minds are working towards the next "big idea", but seem to fall short on delivery.

Might check it out, but just don't see a need.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Default Former Microsoft Executive Creates Voice Calling and Messaging App, Talko
    Yeah.. I admit that when FaceTime came out - I really thought way more people would use it.. But it just hasn't caught on to the degree I imagined.. I think the fact that it only works with other Apple products is the huge limitation. And there's always Skype but it's not connected to your normal mobile phone number.. Just another user name to have to remember..