Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Pushes iOS 8.1 Beta 2 to Developers for Testing

Default Apple Pushes iOS 8.1 Beta 2 to Developers for Testing

At the end of September, Apple seeded iOS 8.1 beta 1 to developers for testing. The new version of iOS 8 included a number of bug fixes that are expected to better stabilize iOS 8 and improve the performance and user experience.

On Tuesday, Apple has released a follow-up to iOS 8.1 beta 1 dubbed iOS 8.1 beta 2. The new update further fixes bugs in the operating system that developers will be able to test. The update is also likely to add some minor features and user interface improvements before it hits the public release in the future.

iOS 8.1 reportedly brings the Camera Roll back to the iOS 8 Photos application, which is a problem that many users are upset about; many are not happy with the recently added and recently deleted albums that now appear in the Photos application instead in iOS 8.0-8.0.2.

At this point in time, iOS 8.1 beta 2 is available OTA (over the air) as an update for developers. To access the update on a device running iOS 8.1 beta 1, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update to download the update and install it. The update is not very large, coming in at around 60-ish megabytes, depending on the device you're installing it on.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

I kinda like the new photo app layout. Took a little getting used to but it's nice

If devs test it as thoroughly as they did iOS8, Apple might as well release it to the public now... It's the same thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blueaviator For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2014-10-08)

I happen to like the new photos options... I'm sure I'm not the only one who accidentally erased a photo and wish they could get it back...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Breezy215 For This Useful Post:

scroogelives (2014-10-07)

More bug fixes, lmao. Thank you for the laughs Apple, definetely having a better day now.

Thanks

I didn't like the recently added..neither did anyone else I know...recently deleted is ok as long as u can delete them right away...I'm glad camera roll is back..b2 doesn't seem any different than b1...hmm

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Pushes iOS 8.1 Beta 2 to Developers for Testing
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    I didn't like the recently added..neither did anyone else I know...recently deleted is ok as long as u can delete them right away...I'm glad camera roll is back..b2 doesn't seem any different than b1...hmm
    From the description it appears that the update was mainly bug fixes and what sounds like better memory allocation, but I'm not sure as I can't get the betas.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

I hate "recently deleted", I delete my photos for a reason, don't want to have to delete twice!