Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Shift Production Away from iPhone 6 to 6 Plus

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple to Shift Production Away from iPhone 6 to 6 Plus

It has been reported by Digitimes that Apple plans on shifting production adjustments from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 6 Plus due to higher demands for the larger device. Statistics released yesterday showed that the larger iPhone 6 Plus has been starting to be favored over the smaller 6. According to Digitimes, the iPhone 6 Plus has been exceeding expectations than what the company had originally presumed. Due to the high demands, the Cupertino-based company has decided to shift production away from the smaller smartphone to the 6 Plus. This means that the 4.7-inch device will decrease by 3 million-4 million so that more 6 Plus devices can be produced.

The iPhone 6 Plus has been out of stock in Apple retail stores since the launching of the new line and the smaller iPhone 6 has been in stock since its debut. However, it has been noted that even with the recent decision to shift production, there will be a gap and lag in availability of the device. The demand for the larger device will increase once the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are introduced in China, which is supposed to happen later this month. It has also been reported that the demand in China will be for the larger smartphone and that the 5.5-inch device will be more appealing to Chinese citizens.

Source: DigiTimes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Well it is about time I have been waiting on my 2 preorder I phone 6 plus Gold 128GB since I ordered them and the projected ship date was 3-4 weeks this is total BS on Apples part .

Thanks

I still have not received my 6. AT&T seems to be taking forever to get it to me.

I'm fortunate to have already received my 64GB grey iP6+. I pre-ordered through the Apple Store app on launch day (not at 3am, normal-people-hours), and received it earlier than anticipated. Original shipment date was 10/17 and I received it 10/2!! It was kinda fun to track it all the way from ZhouZheng, China, through Alaska, Kentucky, and finally to Florida.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpho For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-10-08)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I could have told them they would sell more pluses then regular 6s. The regular 6 is only slightly bigger than the 5S. Most consumers wanted a drastic change. And the 6 plus gives that change. Yes it is much bigger. But after playing with it for weeks now, my old 5S feels tiny. Plus I noticed it's more of a strain on the eyes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mainc21 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-10-08)

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I still have not received my 6. AT&T seems to be taking forever to get it to me.
    This is why I don't like to pre-order. If you didnt, according to the article, you could have already had your iPhone 6 by just walking in a store and buying it.

Same thing with video games. Friends pre-order games then stand in line at a gamestop for an hour when I walk into walmart right next door... Back in the parking lot with the game before they even get in the door.

Went into our local AT&T Store last Friday to see the iPhone 6 Plus. My wife didn't like the large size and wanted to downsize to the iPhone 6. I cancelled her apple store order on my iPhone and then asked a sales associate to get her an iPhone 6 Gold 64GB. He said they had no iPhone 6's or iPhone 6 plus's and wouldn't get any in stock until mid November. He tried like hell to convince her to upgrade from her iPhone 5 to an iPhone 5s. Got home and ordered her iPhone 6 Gold 64GB through the apple store app. It's in the air right now on UPS and should get it in the next few days. Unfortunately, my iPhone 6 Plus that was ordered on September 12th is still a week away

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Well it is about time I have been waiting on my 2 preorder I phone 6 plus Gold 128GB since I ordered them and the projected ship date was 3-4 weeks this is total BS on Apples part .
    well, i guess I've gotten screwed too, i ordered on the night of the pre-order at 3 am, got confirmation for sept. 19th delivery. I got an email a couple days later... due to high volumes it was pushed to OCT. 1st. On sept. 29th I got another email, that it was pushed back again to Oct. 8th delivery. Well, yesterday got got an email from apple, I was expecting to see a tracking number. Instead it said " we regret to inform you, your order has been canceled, according to At&t you do not qualify for that pricing anymore". So I called At&t and they said they don't see anything in the system that has changed, I am still eligible for an upgrade. I call apple customer care, speak to someone, get transferred to a supervisor, who calls At&t, on hold for 30 minutes, he comes back and says well its not our fault, I don't see anything in our systems, it's At&t's fault. However you can re-order but that will put you in the back of the line again, 3-4 weeks (November 12th shipping date)

Now that is some BS
    useful? hit the thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by mainc21 View Post
    I could have told them they would sell more pluses then regular 6s. The regular 6 is only slightly bigger than the 5S. Most consumers wanted a drastic change. And the 6 plus gives that change. Yes it is much bigger. But after playing with it for weeks now, my old 5S feels tiny. Plus I noticed it's more of a strain on the eyes.
    I'm not so sure. I'm one to think people are just dumb with phone envy. They want bigger because they'll fear their friends will look down them, or other stupid social reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by noop View Post
    well, i guess I've gotten screwed too, i ordered on the night of the pre-order at 3 am, got confirmation for sept. 19th delivery. I got an email a couple days later... due to high volumes it was pushed to OCT. 1st. On sept. 29th I got another email, that it was pushed back again to Oct. 8th delivery. Well, yesterday got got an email from apple, I was expecting to see a tracking number. Instead it said " we regret to inform you, your order has been canceled, according to At&t you do not qualify for that pricing anymore". So I called At&t and they said they don't see anything in the system that has changed, I am still eligible for an upgrade. I call apple customer care, speak to someone, get transferred to a supervisor, who calls At&t, on hold for 30 minutes, he comes back and says well its not our fault, I don't see anything in our systems, it's At&t's fault. However you can re-order but that will put you in the back of the line again, 3-4 weeks (November 12th shipping date)

Now that is some BS
    Damn, that sucks, dude. Patience, Daniel-son. Maybe the iOS8 jailbreak will be out by then!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cpho For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-10-08)

And all the apple fan boys that used to say things like "5.5 inches is ridiculous blah blah blah...."

Quote Originally Posted by barondebxl View Post
    And all the apple fan boys that used to say things like "5.5 inches is ridiculous blah blah blah...."
    Go home to Sam-suck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks God I got my iPhone 6 plus 128GB last Friday. I was not supposed to get one till the 13 or the 20th of this month, but I got it early. I love it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkDragonAn For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-10-08)

I 2 am still waiting on my iPhone 6 Plus, I ordered mines and was told, it would b here n about 2-3 weeks....but on launch day I pre-ordered with at&t and they told me late November, I cancelled it....Apple drop the ball, they should have known most people wanted the bigger screen...
    Who's Next...GO BLUE!!!

I'm a 5'11 dude and have normal to above normal sized hands and the 6+ just feels uncomfortable, not big, just plain uncomfortable. I have held them both in my hands and the 6 is the perfect, comfortable sized phone for me. But I won't be getting it until a jailbreak is available for me it's jailbreak or nothing, if no jailbreak comes out for an entire year or 2 or 3 (unlikely), I don't mind continuing to use my jailbroken 5S on iOS 7.1.2 for a year or 2 or 3

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Don't worry. As soon as the Chinese Pangu team get ahold of their 6/6+ starting 10/20.. It won't be that long to a Jailbreak. I predict BEFORE Christmas this year.

I think the 6+ craze is just a fad. You watch how many trade ins for a 6 happen this quarter. And then later watch how many 6+ go up on eBay for sale from Buyer's remorse. The 6+ is soooo huge. Unholdable in one hand for all people except pro basketball players! Lol!! And when someone in skinny jeans walks up with it in their pocket - it's just laughable.. Like the guys are "compensating".. Lol.. Apple fans waited a long time for a larger screen. Now, for a minute, they just want as big/bigger than their Android friends. It's a fad. I don't even think Apple will make a 6S+ next year.. Time will tell.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Will it be the 6s+ or 6+s though?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

I pre ordered thru Apple, two 6 plus at 8 am PST on the 12th... Ship date said between the 13th and 20th of this month... Got them much sooner than anticipated on the 6th... While waiting I was kinda of concerned that my girl and I may not want to go to such a large screen and thought that we might end up wanting the 6 instead of the 6 plus once we actually physically saw and held the two new iPhones... I never thought I would want such a large screen on a mobile device and kinda thought a Galaxy Note was a bit too big... The moment I finished putting my screen protector and case on and fired up my 128 gig 6 plus I was sold... Instantly my 5s felt and looked like an 4/4s size and my girl and I both quickly agreed that this 5.5 screen is perfect... I thought it was gonna be difficult for us to handle these beasts with one hand but they're not... We don't have large hands, prolly average size and it's really not too big to comfortably use in our opinion... The new drop down reach ability feature combined with Apples adoption a few OS's ago of the swipenav jailbreak tweak have made for comfortable and easy one handed holding and navigation... I understand Steve's vision on easy one handed operation and how he felt about screen size, but damn I'm stoked on this new XXL size... I was at a best buy two weeks ago seeing the new phones in person and while I checked them out listened to a few people in a row ask the salesman about the availability of the 6 plus... It seemed like they were bummed about it not being in stock but also seemed like they were down to settle for the 6 just because they wanted something new that day... Glad I didn't cancel my preorder and settle for a 6 just to satisfy instant gratification...

People feel like apple dropped the ball on the 6 plus production and are pissed that they have to wait... After reading numerous articles months ago about supply constraints and production issues and setbacks with the plus it seemed like the 5.5 wouldn't be available till Christmas or later... I'm pleasantly surprised that I got a 6 plus already...
    Last edited by Sage I; 2014-10-08 at 04:08 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I found the answer - Ebay!!

I had preordered and received my 6 64gb 6 from Sprint on the 19th. Had nothing but wifi and call issues, worked with Tech Support so asked for a replacement on the 3rd.

After 3 hours of hold, transfer, dropped calls I was told 1) out of 14 day policy due to delivery on the 17th (ha), none in backup, had to go to order and wait 2 -4 weeks, and same for Plus. After arguing and finally threatening (there was more to the long story), that I would not deal with a broken phone, I got approval to send it back. Their prepay, contract plan is a joke, that was part of the problem, so I will never do that again!

On Ebay, the greed is gone. I just bought a non-opened 128 gb Plus for $957 shipped, which is less than the stores, plus tax and actvation fee. 64's are going for less.

So as long as you are careful and research the seller, they are not making the monies they thought and you can find one without waiting, which is what I needed with a broken phone.