Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8 Still Reportedly Slower in Adoption Than Previous iOS Releases

Default iOS 8 Still Reportedly Slower in Adoption Than Previous iOS Releases

Apple's iOS 8 mobile operating system is seriously lagging behind some of its predecessor software updates, as Fiksu reports. Just last month, within the first few hours of the software update's release, iOS 8 reportedly only took the plate of 8.73% of iOS device users.

We are now more than two weeks after the release of iOS 8, and the numbers, shown above, are still showing that iOS 8 is one of the slower upgrades that Apple has released in some of the recent years. Both iOS 6 and iOS 7 were quick to hit around 58% of users' devices in the first 19 days of their releases, but iOS 8 is showing to be installed on around 38%, which is much less impressive.

iOS 8 brings a lot of new features to the table that users have been asking for for quite some time, so the slow adoption is surprising. On the other hand, some are waiting for all of the bugs to get worked out a major bug in a recent software update completely broke cellular and Touch ID functionality for some users, and HealthKit wasn't even ready for users with the initial release of iOS 8.

It's also necessary to factor in those who have not yet received their iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus due to production constraints overseas, and then there are the few that are holding off until a jailbreak is released.

Fiksu obtains its numbers from App Store applications that use the Fiksu SDK, which reports in-app events including app launches, in-app purchases, and registrations to track information. Information is sampled hourly by Fiksu and Fisku then filters the samples based on device type to get their numbers on the operating systems.

Sources: Fiksu via 9to5Mac

3 reasons why people wont upgrade to IOS8.
    1, They have an iPhone 4 and it cant go to IOS8.
    2, It cant be jailbroken.
    3, Its buggier than a beta. When IOS8 first came out there were reports they were already working on IOS 8.1 and 8.2 so why upgrade when its so buggy they are fixing the firmwares they are testing? People will wait till 8.2 and wait longer to hear if its stable enough to upgrade to.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a2943149 For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (2014-10-06), mike42 (2014-10-06)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a2943149 View Post
    3 reasons why people wont upgrade to IOS8.
    1, They have an iPhone 4 and it cant go to IOS8.
    2, It cant be jailbroken.
    3, Its buggier than a beta. When IOS8 first came out there were reports they were already working on IOS 8.1 and 8.2 so why upgrade when its so buggy they are fixing the firmwares they are testing? People will wait till 8.2 and wait longer to hear if its stable enough to upgrade to.
    I'm reason 3.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (2014-10-06)

8.0.2 is still not that great, I have wifi issues with my iPhone 6 that I'm getting sick of.

Jailbreaks are <1% of all devices. That really isn't the reason. It's probably because majority of people have 16gb devices and don't have enough free space to update. Why do you think apple jumped up to 64gb at mid range iPhone. Software is about to get huge and they're preparing for it. That and it's almost pure profit for the extra $100 that apple gets from you

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iOS 8 Still Reportedly Slower in Adoption Than Previous iOS Releases
    8.0 made my iPad2 so slow that i reverted to 7.12 while i still had the chance. not going to any version of 8 unless i have too or know that the problem is corrected

Thanks

cant be jailbroken yet thats why

Thanks

Jail breakers make up less than 3% of iOS users, so they wouldn't make up nearly that much of a difference

......beware......

I'm happy to update as soon as iOS 8 is jailbroken

maybe it's a minor thing, but I hate that the camera roll is gone. my wife is on 8, and I may never upgrade if the camera roll doesn't come back.

we share an iCloud account, so the camera roll + photo stream was perfect. The new setup sucks.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    maybe it's a minor thing, but I hate that the camera roll is gone. my wife is on 8, and I may never upgrade if the camera roll doesn't come back.

we share an iCloud account, so the camera roll + photo stream was perfect. The new setup sucks.
    Well it is back in the 8.1 beta so I think Apple heard all the complaints and will be bringing it back.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-10-07), novadam (2014-10-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    8.0.2 is still not that great, I have wifi issues with my iPhone 6 that I'm getting sick of.
    I have also had the same issue a couple times, only by turning off and on again does wifi come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Well it is back in the 8.1 beta so I think Apple heard all the complaints and will be bringing it back.
    Awesome.

Someone release a jailbreak and I bet that number will shoot up,

The only reason why I will upgrade is if my iPad3 needs a restore and I have no choice. Its on 7.1.1 and staying there as long as possible.
    I was forced to go from 7.0.1 to 7.1.1 and I regretted it but I had no choice, I was forced.
    When I say forced I mean forced. It wasnt booting, a bootloop and there is no half restore like on the iPhone 4. I did give it a go and it failed. I did everything I could to stay but nothing worked after 2 days of trying so I was forced and it sucked. I had no jailbreak for months and it sucked.
    If there is no jailbreak and i again am forced to upgrade I think it'll just sit in the box till a jailbreak becomes available or forever as I just hate what apple have done since IOS6.
    Might even sell it as getting an Android tablet next. next as in christmas. Had enough of this crap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a2943149 View Post
    The only reason why I will upgrade is if my iPad3 needs a restore and I have no choice. Its on 7.1.1 and staying there as long as possible.
    I was forced to go from 7.0.1 to 7.1.1 and I regretted it but I had no choice, I was forced.
    When I say forced I mean forced. It wasnt booting, a bootloop and there is no half restore like on the iPhone 4. I did give it a go and it failed. I did everything I could to stay but nothing worked after 2 days of trying so I was forced and it sucked. I had no jailbreak for months and it sucked.
    If there is no jailbreak and i again am forced to upgrade I think it'll just sit in the box till a jailbreak becomes available or forever as I just hate what apple have done since IOS6.
    Might even sell it as getting an Android tablet next. next as in christmas. Had enough of this crap.
    Just curious, but what about not being able to jailbreak an iPad makes it so unusable? Is there some killer tweak that you have to have to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Just curious, but what about not being able to jailbreak an iPad makes it so unusable? Is there some killer tweak that you have to have to use it?
    Young padawan, you have absolutely no idea the insane level of AWESOMENESS that jailbreaking brings (forget about theming and all that insignificant stuff). Productivity, usability, usefulness skyrocket thanks to some tweaks that, after using them once, you will NEVER want to do without.

To someone who has never used a jailbroken iOS device, it might seem ok, even cool or great, however, to those that have jailbroken (the real ones, not those idiots who don't know how to install the proper stuff from Cydia and then go crying around saying that the jailbreak didn't play well with their device, their infinite stupidity was the one that didn't play well with their device) it is simply impossible to use iOS without a jailbreak, and yes, iOS is utterly USELESS without a jailbreak and I would drink a glass and nails shake before using an unjailbroken iOS device for even half a second.

Thanks

I've always been an avid jailbreaker since my first iOS device on iOS 4, but with the possible exception of SBSettings (still better than CC to me), I've never had a tweak I couldn't live without. Now, all my tweaks combined I find hard to give up, but it's nothing I couldn't live without. And 8 is tempting me... Oh, the lure is strong. But I shall resist! Until the iPod touch 6; then I shall fall.

......beware......

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

No Bugs on My End, Although I think some of the developers of these Apps should be made aware of Software updated to make sure their Apps run Smoothly. I use Life360 the family locator for my iPhone 6 & after the update I got for it to Support iOS8 I get A LOT of Notifications saying that a family member left then came back in a few mins even AFTER they have left & never returned to that spot. I'm looking forward to apple pay once 8.1 comes out on the 20th of This Month.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
    Young padawan, you have absolutely no idea the insane level of AWESOMENESS that jailbreaking brings (forget about theming and all that insignificant stuff). Productivity, usability, usefulness skyrocket thanks to some tweaks that, after using them once, you will NEVER want to do without.

To someone who has never used a jailbroken iOS device, it might seem ok, even cool or great, however, to those that have jailbroken (the real ones, not those idiots who don't know how to install the proper stuff from Cydia and then go crying around saying that the jailbreak didn't play well with their device, their infinite stupidity was the one that didn't play well with their device) it is simply impossible to use iOS without a jailbreak, and yes, iOS is utterly USELESS without a jailbreak and I would drink a glass and nails shake before using an unjailbroken iOS device for even half a second.
    I've been jailbreaking since my first iPhone on 1.0.2. My iPad mini is currently jailbroken. I understand all the tweaks and functionality you can add. Just wondered which ones you think add so much to a iPad that you can't use it without.