Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bluetooth Car Connections Experiencing Issues with Apple's iOS 8

Not sure if it is related, but after the 8.0.2 update my Kinovo BTC450 sometimes makes a shutting down sound when I hold the button long enough to activate Siri. Still stays connected and activates Siri as it should though. Using it with an iP6+

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    I strongly disagree with every word of that.
    With you on this. The point of a jailbreak is for added functionality and customizability. There are many nice features you get through jailbreaking. Being able to scrub iTunes Radio, browse your app filesystem on and off the device, theme your device, and combining the the CC and app switcher. Sometimes Apple does weird things too, like not allowing the battery percentages on iPods (wth apple?). Granted, Apple adds jailbreak features with every release making them less and less needed, but the fact that you assume every tweak is crappy homebrew just shows that you've never really used a jailbreak to its full potential.

On a different note, I've never actually heard long battery life as a big positive for Apple.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    With you on this. The point of a jailbreak is for added functionality and customizability. There are many nice features you get through jailbreaking. Being able to scrub iTunes Radio, browse your app filesystem on and off the device, theme your device, and combining the the CC and app switcher. Sometimes Apple does weird things too, like not allowing the battery percentages on iPods (wth apple?). Granted, Apple adds jailbreak features with every release making them less and less needed, but the fact that you assume every tweak is crappy homebrew just shows that you've never really used a jailbreak to its full potential.

On a different note, I've never actually heard long battery life as a big positive for Apple.
    I strongly agree with every word of that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-07)

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post

Ever since iOS 8 was released in September, many issues arose for those who upgraded to the new iOS, which has left many customers upset and frustrated. Now it has been reported that consumers are having problems connecting their devices to Bluetooth in their cars. Cars that were reported having issues connecting include Audi, BMW, Chevy, Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota, Volkswagen, and aftermarket stereos as well. AppleInsider tested out this issue firsthand and has found that no sounds come through the carís speakers when dialed.

It seems like the problem is a connection issue because users also complained about not being able to hear anything in the vehicle when playing podcasts or music through their devices. Apparently, a fix in iOS 8.1 is supposed to be issued when it gets released to the public. Currently, iOS 8.1 is still in beta and being tested by developers.

iOS 8.1 is rumored to be released sometime this month along with the highly anticipated Apple Pay feature. Letís see if the update will fix all major problems consumers has had with iOS 8, thus far. Have you had any issues with the new iOS? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: Apple Support Communities, AppleInsider
    Mine actually worked in my C 300 with 8.0 but ever since I upgraded, it cannot connect, I thought it was me alone

Upgrading to 8.1 Beta solved my BT problems.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Franz C. Brunner For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-10-07)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Franz C. Brunner View Post
    Upgrading to 8.1 Beta solved my BT problems.
    What's new in the beta?

Quote Originally Posted by LatinKreationz View Post
    I haven't had any issues with Bluetooth. I have a 2014 Nissan Altima w/ Nav.
    I also have a 2014 Altima and have been experiencing issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123