Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bluetooth Car Connections Experiencing Issues with Apple's iOS 8

No issues with a 2013 Mini Cooper S, nor with my sister's 2001 Toyota RAV4 with USA-Spec bluetooth receiver.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Do we really think it's the phone having issues with these cars or is it just the PEOPLE who have issues?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-10-05), thazsar (2014-10-05)

Tried connecting a few days ago (2013 Dodge Dart) and it failed. Could've been a car or phone problem. I'll have to try again

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

I have issues with my 2013 Dodge Ram all the time trying to connect.

2011 Mazda 3. Worked great with iOS 7. Not with iOS 8.

Still works great on my Kenwood in my truck.

Won't work right in my 2008 Cadillac STS either.

2008 rx 350 lexus Bluetooth connects just fine. The issue is Siri and dialing. If you ask Siri to dial a number it begins calling and then gives a call terminated by network error. Same with "hey Siri" commands to call or message. Other Siri based commands work fine.

My iPhone 6 drops the Bluetooth connection to my BMW. Manually have to reconnect every day. Never had this issue with my 5.

2011 Mini Cooper S and a 2014 328i with both an iPhone 5 & 6 updated to iOS 8 working just fine: calls & music/audio media.

Default me too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Uhg, that's unfortunate, but not a surprise! I had lots of trouble connecting to my home wifi network, too. I had to buy a new router with a simultaneous dual-band radio to fix the problem.

What's up, Apple? Something is not right at that company. "It just works" is a laugh.
    myself also have wifi problems some time too slow. my i6plus. 8.0.2. bluetooth seems to be working just fine. but wifi not.
    i run couple times speedtest app. and start @ 12. but then goes all the way down to 500kbs or even 0. if i use the cell data att it stays on 30 or some times 45 mbs without lowering the speed. i also have and ipad mini wifi/cell. and speed on wifi its constant.its running 8.0.
    so, the its a problem with 8.0.2 iphone 6 or plus. btw. iphone 5s its running fine but still on 7.2

Good thing my vw gti 13 don't bring it.. Blooothhhh frommm appllleee really suckz.

Quote Originally Posted by stulaw11 View Post
    I haven't had nay problems on the few "N" routers I connected to so far. I don't know how old your router was, but I see a lot of people wanting to connect a 2014 phone that does wireless ac, dual band and MAC randomization to a 5 year old single band b/g router; and then wonder why they get trouble connecting/disconnects/etc. It may be roughly compatible yes, but not the best experience.
    My old 'N' router was indeed about four or five years old. The problem was not the hardware, I believe, but the firmware. Older routers are more than capable of handling the newer hardware of connected devices, but companies stop supporting their hardware so you'll buy a new one. Planned obsolescence. It's such a waste, and a shame - that's like throwing out a computer because it has Windows Vista on it

iPhone 6 on stock iOS 8 and having issues on my 2013 Toyota Corolla S.

Yeah yeah, I want to play too! 😑

iPhone 6 and 6+ connects fine to both my 2013 Bugatti Veyron, and 2014 McLaren MP4-12C.
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to therandy For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-10-06), thazsar (2014-10-06)

Thanks

Default Bluetooth Car Connections Experiencing Issues with Apple's iOS 8
    Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    Yeah yeah, I want to play too! 😑

iPhone 6 and 6+ connects fine to both my 2013 Bugatti Veyron, and 2014 McLaren MP4-12C.
    Haha I was just about to put some rubbish here too but I was beaten.

Big Issues with my 2011 Yukon Denali factory nav. My i6 works some times, more times it doesn't work, when it works the steering wheel buttons only work when hanging the phone up. I have experienced all of the above in the article. My 5s worked perfectly on iOS 7.1.2.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

Strange... I haven't had any issues with my bluetooth connection in my BMW M5. I wonder if it's something leftover from iOS 8.0.1? I did 8.0, then jumped to 8.0.2, and I haven't had many (if any) of the problems people have been complaining about on my 5s.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

How many people having these issues did a DFU update just out of curiosity.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by jigar7 View Post
    That is Apple for you... remembering the days of Late Mr. Jobs... there were issues then, but ever since he passed away... it has just gone from bad to worse with little or no signs of improvement! Plus it is poorly optimized for older gens... like iOS 7 on iPhone 4 and iOS 8 on iPhone 4S.
    Apple tries really hard to milk every last customer into upgrading to their latest but not the greatest iPhone 6/6+ with a broken firmware which Apple refuses to fix or deliberately delays a fix so that they can fix loopholes if an impatient JB developer decides to release the iOS 8.0.2 JB.
    Hope the JB devs hold the release till after 8.1. I'm sure Apple will leave minor bugs behind in that version as well... ridiculous Apple!
    First off, how is it Apple's responsibility to make sure that software in another manufacturers equipment works properly? It is the automotive manufacturers who are responsible for ensuring compatibility with mobile devices, not the other way around. Also, as cars age, hardware compatibility cannot be guaranteed. Electronics do become obsolete, even radios in cars as crazy as it may sound.

I also find it ridiculous that you honestly believe Apple leaves bugs deliberately to patch a Jailbreak vulnerability later. You have a very active imagination. Who cares about a jailbreak anyway? Cydia is nothing more than an app store full of buggy homebrew software and worthless "tweaks" that kill everything Apple is known for which is stable devices, long battery life, and features that function as they should when they should. Half the posts on the news feed here about tweaks leave most people wondering why anyone would want that much less why a developer would waste their time coding it. Just look at ANY "Best Jailbreak tweaks of the week" posts for perfect examples. If I want to mess with the OS on my phone which has a horrible battery and unstable software I would have just bought an Android device. For those who prefer things that just work, Apple covers it.

Quote Originally Posted by roger1079 View Post

Cydia is nothing more than an app store full of buggy homebrew software and worthless "tweaks" that kill everything Apple is known for which is stable devices, long battery life, and features that function as they should when they should. Half the posts on the news feed here about tweaks leave most people wondering why anyone would want that much less why a developer would waste their time coding it. Just look at ANY "Best Jailbreak tweaks of the week" posts for perfect examples. If I want to mess with the OS on my phone which has a horrible battery and unstable software I would have just bought an Android device. For those who prefer things that just work, Apple covers it.
    I strongly disagree with every word of that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast