Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Non-Stop Music' Gets Your Music Playing Again Immediately After Your Device Resprings

Default 'Non-Stop Music' Gets Your Music Playing Again Immediately After Your Device Resprings

Have you ever hated the fact that when you're in the middle of your jam, a respring just silences your music and you have to manually press the play button for your music to start up again?

If so, you need to check out a new jailbreak tweak called Non-Stop Music by iOS developer Skumar Space. This tweak makes it so that when you respring your device, your music will begin playing again immediately.

The tweak works very similarly to a recently-released free jailbreak tweak called Resume, by Ron Thakrar; but, it actually does a little bit more.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure its options:

The first option allows your device to begin playing music after every respring. This option doesn't let you choose the music, but instead, your music will just begin playing from your music library when your device comes back up.

The second option is probably what you're most interested in, and it allows you to resume your music where it left off when your device resprings. For example, if you were listening to a song and then had to respring your device, and the song was cut-off at a time stamp of, say, 1:36, then when your device comes back up, the song will immediately begin playing at 1:36 again.

A respring button is included in the tweak's preferences pane so that you can save your changes. If you have the first option enabled, and you respring, you can expect to start hearing some music!

Non-Stop Music works with the Music application, Spotify, and many other music applications, so check it out. If you're only wanting the simple ability for your music to resume where it left off, then perhaps the free Resume jailbreak tweak by Ron Thakrar will better fit your needs, because Non-Stop Music is not free (on the other hand, you do get an extra feature).

Name: Non-Stop Music
    Price: 99
    Version: 0.0.2-548
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Skumar Space
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Just want to note that Resume doesn't continue where you left it after a respring and I also wanted to ask if the feature on this tweak that picks up where you left off only occurs after a respring and not when I pause a song, skip it, and come back to it later?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    Just want to note that Resume doesn't continue where you left it after a respring and I also wanted to ask if the feature on this tweak that picks up where you left off only occurs after a respring and not when I pause a song, skip it, and come back to it later?
    Yes Resume does, that's the point of the tweak.

You're right. It didn't do it when I tried it the first time.

If a problematic track caused the crash this tweak could cause a world of trouble.