Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Monochrome' Lets You Add a Touch of Black and White to Your Home Screen Icons in iOS 7

Default 'Monochrome' Lets You Add a Touch of Black and White to Your Home Screen Icons in iOS 7

Do you want to drain all of the color from your Home Screen's application icons, but leave the colored wallpaper for an artistically simple effect? If so, then you need to check out a new jailbreak tweak in Cydia called Monochrome by iOS developer Ron Thakrar.

Monochrome is a simple jailbreak tweak that squeezes all of the color out of your Home Screen application icons. This makes it so that your icons look black and white, as shown above. You have the option of leaving your wallpaper colored, but if you want to take it to another extreme, you can use a black and white wallpaper alongside this tweak to really take all of the color out of your Home Screen.

The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure. We did notice that the tweak doesn't seem to affect the Newsstand icon, but all other application icons appear to be affected by the tweak.

If you want to give Monochrome a try, it's completely FREE in Cydia's BigBoss repository!

Name: Monochrome
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ron Thakrar
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

I like my colorful icons but where can I get that cool wallpaper!?

Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    I like my colorful icons but where can I get that cool wallpaper!?
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Latest wallpaper on my phone. <a href="http://t.co/PfaDLOpEHU">pic.twitter.com/PfaDLOpEHU</a></p>&mdash; David Ashman (@davidbashman) <a href="https://twitter.com/davidbashman/status/516400482051698688">September 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (2014-10-03)

While I think it's ugly, to each his own. Freedom of choice.

Does it saves battery bec. its b&w like Samsung?