Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two Kids in the U.K. Bend iPhone 6 Pluses At Their Local Apple Store

Default Two Kids in the U.K. Bend iPhone 6 Pluses At Their Local Apple Store

Two kids in the U.K. have reportedly went on an iPhone 6 Plus bending rampage at their local Apple Store to prove a point: that Apple's iPhone 6 Plus has a bending problem. The kids filmed themselves bending multiple iPhone 6 Plus units on display at their Apple Store. The video can be viewed below:

It sure is crazy to think that anyone would walk into an Apple Store and just start destroying property that didn't belong to them, but the U.K. boys were determined to be heard on the Interwebz, and not only did they bend the iPhones to prove a point, but they showed their faces in the process. As BGR reports, the boys have not been charged with any kind of destruction of property (yet).

In the video, the boys even talk to an Apple Store employee, who claims that an iPhone 6 Plus cannot be bent under normal conditions. Consumer Reports also came up with a similar conclusion in their in-lab bend testing, mentioning that a great amount of pressure is required to bend an iPhone 6 Plus and the likelihood of it bending in your pocket is extremely small.

Unbox Therapy has shown several videos showing how easily it has been for him to bend an iPhone 6 Plus, but many still remain skeptical as Apple notes that there have only been nine reported cases of an iPhone 6 Plus bending in the user's pockets out of a total of 10,000,000 iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus sales.

Sources: BGR

Green Apple
    Thanks

People are crazy. Yeah they'll probably be arrested lol. Any phone can be bent or broken with some type of force. I guess some people don't believe in taking care of their belongings anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Unbox Therapy has shown several videos showing how easily it has been for him to bend an iPhone 6 Plus, but many still remain skeptical as Apple notes that there have only been nine reported cases of an iPhone 6 Plus bending in the user's pockets out of a total of 10,000,000 iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus sales.
    Because the others 9,999,991 iPhone not put in the pocket yet...

Thanks

WOW! That definitely brings this issue to the forefront. YES, most would never do this with their own phones. Yet, the fact that it takes that little pressure to destroy this phone is NOT GOOD at all. Flimsy comes to mind. Still waiting for my 6 to arrive..hurry up :]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-09-30)

This is great. I love the fact that they were arrested and prosecuted on-site. Every apple store I go to is just swarming with apple employees. I cant go 10 feet in an apple store without running into an employee.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to isCasted For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2014-09-29)

The only thing they proved is there ignorance. The only thing they're proving is they can bend a phone with her hands. It's a phone an electronic device. It was never represented as indestructible and under normal use it doesn't bend.... Duh

I hope they find out where they are and prosecute them because that's vandalism.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to psxcancer For This Useful Post:

justinpotter81 (2014-09-29)

He have to apply so much force to be able to do that a course undo that u can bent anything
    pain & time and glory

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

These kids are so dumb. and he tried sooooo hard to bend that iPhone 6+. what a *****. hope he goes to jail or has to pay for them

Quote Originally Posted by psxcancer View Post
    The only thing they proved is there ignorance. The only thing they're proving is they can bend a phone with her hands. It's a phone an electronic device. It was never represented as indestructible and under normal use it doesn't bend.... Duh

I hope they find out where they are and prosecute them because that's vandalism.
    The phone represents the bad choices for materials that Apple chooses to uses. If they chose to use a more dense metal that doesnt bend so easily and still provided a phone that was this thin, Apple would not get all this negative publicity.

What a wanker. Look at his fingers turning white from the amount of pressure he has to exert to bend it. Lol. And, what a ******bag...vandalizing property to "prove a point".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to swing70 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-09-30)

I have to say I'm glad to hear that they were arrested

I have two iPhone 6 Pluses 128 GB and I have to say, I doesn't feel flimsy at all, it's well-made iPhone. It is larger than expected, even though I have large hands, it still takes a little effort to manage it with one hand. But I think it's the best iPhone to date.

I have two iPhone 6 Pluses 128 GB and I have to say, I doesn't feel flimsy at all, it's well-made iPhone. It is larger than expected, even though I have large hands, it still takes a little effort to manage it with one hand. But I think it's the best iPhone to date.
    A well made phone should not be able to bend this easily.

Apple is getting the negative publicity, because there's just negative people. If it was not Apple it's, Samsung, if was not Samsung, it's Sony.... its just negative people that look for something to blame or equipment to destroy.

Do your research Apple tested their phone. Under normal circumstances the phone works as it supposed to. If certain people decide destroy it, to prove a point that's what's going to happen.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to psxcancer For This Useful Post:

Rondon360 (2014-09-30)

We are negative people because we trying to show how that these companies are manufacturing phone with high end specs in really bad casings. Yes there are some Samsung fanboys that using this bloodbath of new to hate on Apple but it is all the same. We are showcasing that big business is taking our money and giving us phones encased in casings made of poorly chosen material.

Also Apple test seem biased to me. They will only exert so much pressure on their phones in their tests, just enough that could be enough to dissuade the negative publicity.

Well, when these fools get caught I hope the law slaps their parents with thousands of dollars in damages. Don't even arrest them, just punish their parents. The kids will get theirs in turn.

Thanks

Has Apple made an official statement about this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Has Apple made an official statement about this issue?
    They did. They said the issue, iirc, was extremely rare. And they made a video of them of their own tests.

It just Apple trying to cover their asses for their bad production materials.

Bendgate aside, I can't see these kids going unpunished.

How much did Apple pay you to say this?

Fair enough it's bendable...but my phone has always been protected and never put in my pocket...but it's still better than plastic backs like some certain phones
    And the boys should pay for them the little *****

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast