Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two Kids in the U.K. Bend iPhone 6 Pluses At Their Local Apple Store

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    It translates to "try me". Dutch.
    haha i figured it something like that

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

hmmm...
    Supermarket going to make you buy the Charmin toilet paper if you squeeze them like the commercials?
    Supermarket going to make you buy the tomato and other produce you squeeze to test for ripeness?

Here is a thought
    As an owner of iPhone one should be concerned about its resale value when you are ready to sell it, and if iPhone do bend in your pocket over time through "normal" usage how do you sell a bent iPhone 6/6+? Never mind selling privately which usually gets more, will AT&T/T-Mobile/Sprint/Verizon buy back bent iPhone 6/6+? This is a real concern because antennagate will not really affect resale value of the iPhone but a bendgate do.
    Last edited by unison999; 2014-10-01 at 02:16 AM.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    hmmm...
    Supermarket going to make you buy the Charmin toilet paper if you squeeze them like the commercials?
    Supermarket going to make you buy the tomato and other produce you squeeze to test for ripeness?

Here is a thought
    As an owner of iPhone one should be concerned about its resale value when you are ready to sell it, and if iPhone do bend in your pocket over time through "normal" usage how do you sell a bent iPhone 6/6+? Never mind selling privately which usually gets more, will AT&T/T-Mobile/Sprint/Verizon buy back bent iPhone 6/6+? This is a real concern because antennagate will not really affect resale value of the iPhone but a bendgate do.
    This is obviously my opinion as the iPhone 6 hasn't been out nearly long enough to see its actual used resale value, but I imagine that people would see it the same way they do a cracked screen. If it costs x number of dollars and y amount of time to fix, the money you get will certainly have x and y factored it. This is where using a case like the average human being is beneficial.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    This is obviously my opinion as the iPhone 6 hasn't been out nearly long enough to see its actual used resale value, but I imagine that people would see it the same way they do a cracked screen. If it costs x number of dollars and y amount of time to fix, the money you get will certainly have x and y factored it. This is where using a case like the average human being is beneficial.
    Plus have insurance on it just in case also

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Plus have insurance on it just in case also
    That too. Or get a case that comes with insurance.

......beware......

iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    It's true! Gapgate is a "feature." Of course, it was far more difficult to find than bendgate.

http://entertainment.verizon.com/new...s_a_g-newscred
    Interesting I like the update at the end although it's a feature.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fredHD For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Show me PROOF that any phone (and I mean any) broke or bent with NORMAL use...... I challenge you because you won't be able to show me. I know this as a fact because there has been NO bent phone from NORMAL use. People didn't simply put it in their pocket, pull it out and it was bent. If some fatty pat/patty decides to cram their fat *** into their skinny jeans then jam a 5.5" phone into one of their pockets and then subject it to un natural forces due to their girth and I'll decision to wear clothes too small for their ample body, how is that a design flaw? Time to grow up now.
    I will be more than happy to test and record the results of it sitting in my pocket. If someone will kindly ship me a model of each (preferably in 64GB+ in space gray) I'll perform these experiments in the name of science! Since all too many people seem to be desperate to destroy these perfectly good iPhones surely they could send me a few to help out.

......beware......

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Bulldog5278 (2014-10-01)

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    hmmm...
    I don't think you could be more obtuse if you tried.

To correct your comparison, either the kids would have to be puytting the phone in their pocket and sit to simulate real world use instead of forcing it to bend with every once of strength in their body, or the person buying the toilet paper or tomato would have to squeeze it weith all their strength, which I'm pretty sure the store would get pissed about and make you pay.

I don't know why your people continbue to equate forcing a phone with all your strength with simply having a phone in your pocket, but it's just not the same and you need to give it up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post

To correct your comparison, either the kids would have to be puytting the phone in their pocket and sit to simulate real world use instead of forcing it to bend with every once of strength in their body, or the person buying the toilet paper or tomato would have to squeeze it weith all their strength, which I'm pretty sure the store would get pissed about and make you pay.

I don't know why your people continbue to equate forcing a phone with all your strength with simply having a phone in your pocket, but it's just not the same and you need to give it up.
    That's why my solution is so great!

......beware......

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post

It was a joke about Charmin and tomato...

I tap on my plastic keyboard all the time, though it does not bend/dent on the first 1000 taps but over time it does bend/dent.
    Keyboard is plastic and it is low quality equipment not meant to last, so I am not concerned. But I see similar thing happening with 6+, it may not bend on first couple times in your pocket but it may bend after a year or two of sitting in your pocket.
    I would think Apple giving 2 year warranty, average subsidized contract length, to each owner of the 6+ would help settle this problem.
    Even if Apple do not offer extended warranty on it, no matter, I am sure there will be a class action lawsuit against Apple soon enough.

Here's an idea! DON'T SIT ON THE PHONE!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiebarr For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-10-04)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

If you're gonna spend a bunch of money on something would you take care of it or try to trash it??? That goes for any and everything!!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-10-04), vXBaKeRXv (2014-10-04)

I would like to see a bend test on a flip phone!

😝

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vXBaKeRXv For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-10-04), SpiderManAPV (2014-10-04), thazsar (2014-10-04)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv View Post

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2014-10-04)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv View Post

😝
    There was actually a great gif about that on Reddit yesterday.

......beware......

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-10-04), vXBaKeRXv (2014-10-04)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345