Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 96

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Two Kids in the U.K. Bend iPhone 6 Pluses At Their Local Apple Store

  1. #41
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    How much did Apple pay you to say this?
    Curiously, I think the same thing every time you say anything, just with Samsung instead of Apple.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2014-09-29), Carvensno (2014-09-30), Sage I (2014-09-30)

  3. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Curiously, I think the same thing every time you say anything, just with Samsung instead of Apple.
    Right?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    SpiderManAPV (2014-09-29)

  5. #43
    This is so stupid ! These phones cost way to much money to do things like trying to destroy them. The iPhones that all these idiots have destroyed could've went to someone that is waiting on there's.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiebarr For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2014-09-30)

  7. #44
    Meh I don't think they will get arrested. Stop bending your phones people!! Bend bananas not phone lol

  8. #45
    What's Jailbreak? JDavisMedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by barondebxl View Post
    Checked out the note 4 at my local best buy, cant believe people buy this overpriced bending phone. The diosplay on the note 4 alone destroys any iphone features.

    Checked out the note 4 at my local best buy, cant believe people buy this overpriced bending phone. The diosplay on the note 4 alone destroys any iphone features.
    I'm sure that explains why you have an account on an Apple-oriented forum.
    You copy/pasting this across all your favorite websites?

  9. #46
    I want to know how many people now know that the phone is capable of being bent and will still buy one and then complain about it bending. Folks need to take responsibility for how they treat their belongings.....

  10. #47
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Clifton, NJ
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 419 Times in 157 Posts

    In further news, two boys went into another Apple store and dropped two iMacs on the ground, hence proving that they can shatter. Then they went to a Mercedes-Benz dealer, and keyed two cars, proving that the cars, in spite of their high price, can scratch. <smh>

  11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tsatryan For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2014-09-30), buggsy2 (2014-09-30), Carvensno (2014-09-30), hogcia (2014-09-30), Matchstic (2014-10-01), Sage I (2014-09-30), scroogelives (2014-09-30), sheltons.iphone (2014-09-30), Simon (2014-09-30), SpiderManAPV (2014-09-30)

  12. #48
    They were totally trying as hard as they could lol

  13. #49
    Under "normal" conditions you put the phone to the side of you head and talk into it. You hold in one hand or two to work the apps. You carry it in a purse, shirt pocket or jacket pocket. Even IF you carry it in you pant pocket, you should remove it before sitting down. Other than that, you're an idiot for bending or breaking it.

    I've owned four smart phones over the years and have not broken any of them in spite of dropping them and putting them in my pockets. And the reason I've never broken them is because I'm responsible with my belongings not Apple.

  14. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    In the video, the boys even talk to an Apple Store employee, who claims that an iPhone 6 Plus cannot be bent under normal conditions.
    That goes for any phone. What they did isn't a "normal" condition.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorter1984 View Post
    They were totally trying as hard as they could lol
    Yeah, it certainly wasn't easy for them.

  15. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    In further news, two boys went into another Apple store and dropped two iMacs on the ground, hence proving that they can shatter. Then they went to a Mercedes-Benz dealer, and keyed two cars, proving that the cars, in spite of their high price, can scratch. <smh>
    Analogies like this actually miss a very crucial difference. An iMac will not just shatter under normal usage. However, the iPhone 6 Plus (and to a much lesser extent, the 4.7" iPhone 6) will bend under normal usage. Placing an phone on one's pocket is not atypical usage, but something people have been doing for at least two decades now and so there is little excuse for Apple to have ignored such common usage patterns.

  16. #52
    My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    664
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked 152 Times in 110 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by barondebxl View Post
    Checked out the note 4 at my local best buy, cant believe people buy this overpriced bending phone. The diosplay on the note 4 alone destroys any iphone features.

    Checked out the note 4 at my local best buy, cant believe people buy this overpriced bending phone. The diosplay on the note 4 alone destroys any iphone features.
    Great advert for your note 4. No spell checking and it doubles posts.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

    fluffybunnyabc (2014-09-30), SpiderManAPV (2014-09-30)

  18. #53
    Default Bending...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Has Apple made an official statement about this issue?
    Wow!!! This is insane indeed and I can't believe these kids have the ball to go into Apple Store and start destroying iPhone right on the display and every Apple Store that I attend have so many Apple employee wondering around and I can't believe none of them spotted these two younger kids bending the iPhones!!! These kids will have to pay for what they did for sure and I don't know if Apple have seen this video of them doing it and the best part about it is that they even show their faces... LMFAO!!!!!

  19. #54
    Apparently the two children realized what they did was wrong, and one of them made a follow-up video (no picture) to apologize completely.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N0EC9AK72w
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

  20. #55
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts

    Watching them try so hard to bend it has actually shown me my phone is stronger than I thought. Ps these kids will 100% be fined and may even get criminal damage on their record.

  21. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
    I still absolutely love how all of these videos being posted are by people bendng them super forcefully with their hands....meanwhile, the reports are "it bends while in your pants pocket".. then show me a freakin video of someone putting an iPhone into their front pocket, sitting down, getting back up, and pulling it out so that it's bent. Please for the love of God show me that or STFU.
    THANK YOU!! Comment of the day! You win all of the internets!

    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    In further news, two boys went into another Apple store and dropped two iMacs on the ground, hence proving that they can shatter. Then they went to a Mercedes-Benz dealer, and keyed two cars, proving that the cars, in spite of their high price, can scratch. <smh>
    LMAO! Couldn't have said it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    the iPhone 6 Plus (and to a much lesser extent, the 4.7" iPhone 6) will bend under normal usage.
    PROVE IT!

    All these claims are based off of a handful of complainers out of literally millions of phones sold. Forgive me if I don't join in on taking there claims as gospel.

    Do what the other guy said. Stop entering extreme force with your hands, start putting it in your pocket,sit, and shoe it bend from that, or shut up with these baseless claims.
    Last edited by fleurya; 2014-09-30 at 04:03 AM.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (2014-09-30), novadam (2014-09-30), Sage I (2014-09-30), SpiderManAPV (2014-09-30)

  23. #57
    Default Two Kids in the U.K. Bend iPhone 6 Pluses At Their Local Apple Store
    Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    Analogies like this actually miss a very crucial difference. An iMac will not just shatter under normal usage. However, the iPhone 6 Plus (and to a much lesser extent, the 4.7" iPhone 6) will bend under normal usage. Placing an phone on one's pocket is not atypical usage, but something people have been doing for at least two decades now and so there is little excuse for Apple to have ignored such common usage patterns.
    actually, videos like this miss that difference -- they aren't putting them in their pockets and pulling them out bent. They are atypically applying force with both hands in an attempt to break the phone. Like dropping an iMac or keying a car.

    I don't think the analogy missed the mark at all. I think maybe you missed the analogy.

    I have yet to see someone video themselves putting the phone in their pocket and pulling it out bent.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

    rkswat (2014-09-30), Sage I (2014-09-30)

  25. #58
    I think some of these people are purposely bending iPhones for the views on youtube, i.e. for the $$$$. One video is almost at 50 Million views already. Anyone know what that equates to in actual $ for that many views??

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

    Sage I (2014-09-30)

  27. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    WOW! That definitely brings this issue to the forefront. YES, most would never do this with their own phones. Yet, the fact that it takes that little pressure to destroy this phone is NOT GOOD at all. Flimsy comes to mind. Still waiting for my 6 to arrive..hurry up :]
    The fact you say "little pressure" makes the rest of your silly argument moot..... Show me any of these bending videos where "little pressure" is applied and THEN we can talk. Until then you're not allowed at the adults table so to the kids table with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    A well made phone should not be able to bend this easily.
    Again morons using words they obviously don't understand...... Bend/easily? Yeah show me any of these bending vids where they bent "easily".

    Quote Originally Posted by twigwonderkid View Post
    I'd like a support group for us iphone 6 folks. The number of times I've been asked "you bought that bendy iphone" ! My sister, mum, work colleagues, if I've been asked once I've been asked 20. I love the 6 but now I'm disguising it and hiding it away , rather than showing it off, as you turn out to be the butt of the joke. But I love it. If apple worked start support group I'd be up for it, rather than a free album from a band from your dad's era.
    Hmmm hiding a phone because people are making jokes about it..... Grow the flip up!!! Are you freaking 4 years old? I'd be embarrassed to write what you did.

    Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    Analogies like this actually miss a very crucial difference. An iMac will not just shatter under normal usage. However, the iPhone 6 Plus (and to a much lesser extent, the 4.7" iPhone 6) will bend under normal usage. Placing an phone on one's pocket is not atypical usage, but something people have been doing for at least two decades now and so there is little excuse for Apple to have ignored such common usage patterns.
    Show me PROOF that any phone (and I mean any) broke or bent with NORMAL use...... I challenge you because you won't be able to show me. I know this as a fact because there has been NO bent phone from NORMAL use. People didn't simply put it in their pocket, pull it out and it was bent. If some fatty pat/patty decides to cram their fat *** into their skinny jeans then jam a 5.5" phone into one of their pockets and then subject it to un natural forces due to their girth and I'll decision to wear clothes too small for their ample body, how is that a design flaw? Time to grow up now.
    Last edited by rkswat; 2014-09-30 at 06:57 AM.

  28. #60
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    I think some of these people are purposely bending iPhones for the views on youtube, i.e. for the $$$$. One video is almost at 50 Million views already. Anyone know what that equates to in actual $ for that many views??
    I think Otterbox paid them! LOL!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •