Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limited Time: AT&T Offering Double Data on Mobile Share Plans Until October 31st

Default Limited Time: AT&T Offering Double Data on Mobile Share Plans Until October 31st

For a limited time, starting tomorrow, Sunday, September 28th, AT&T will be allowing its subscribers to upgrade to mobile share plans with double the data usage per month for the price they would already be paying for non-double the data usage until October 31st:

The double-data plans include unlimited talk and text, as well as unlimited international messaging. It's also worth noting that any devices being added to the plan will cost an additional $15 per month extra under the AT&T Next program.

Quote Originally Posted by AT&T
    DALLAS, Sept. 27, 2014 -- Beginning Sunday, Sept. 28, AT&T is offering new promotional Mobile Share Value plans that include double the amount of data offered on Mobile Share Value plans with 15GB to 50 GB of data. New and existing customers who proactively sign-up by October 31* get 30GB of data for the price of 15GB** – perfect for families and small business customers. AT&T customers will benefit from this offer, which includes domestic unlimited talk and text, as well as unlimited international messaging from the U.S. to select countries.
    AT&T notes that even past October 31st, customers will be able to keep their double data plans even though the company will stop offering the additional data to new subscribers after that date.

If you want to lock in some additional data per month, this plan might be for you; but you better hurry, as the promotion won't last forever!

Sources: AT&T via iMore
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-27 at 11:53 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (2014-09-28)

Wow it's crazy what people are willing to pay for this service. I wouldn't even be willing to pay $35 a month for service.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

And here I was just about to go on to ATT website to consider changing over to the mobile share plan and dropping my unlimited data and 700 min individual plan. I guess I'll wait till tomorrow and do it and get double data 30GB is way better than 15GB!!! LOL

Only curiosity is last time I checked! 10GB MSP was $130.00 a month!

Thanks

That's not a good deal. Two unlimited data plans on my account cost $60.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tudtran For This Useful Post:

MOJO5873 (2014-09-29)

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Come on, you are paying for that already, you think it's free?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Ya, but the Mobile share plan includes everything in the price, not to mention being able to tether and hotspot. No need to worry about hitting the 5GB cap and getting throttled down 100Kbps which is useless. Plus doing a comparison, between what I have now and the 10GB plan? The 10Gb plan is 10.00 cheaper than what I'm paying now!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

bk4life (2014-09-30), Jj2345 (2014-09-28)

I don't see anything for a 10 gb plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Parana6 View Post
    Yeah what about us 10GB data plan users? Do we get 20GB instead?
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Parana6 View Post
    On there website they do. You can compare your plans and see what you might be saving and paying. Login and goto Wireless, view or change plans and about the middle of the screen should show you your plan and mobile share and you can adjust the data from 2GB and up and see what the cost is compared to your current plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Yeah what about us 10GB data plan users? Do we get 20GB instead?
    Login and check tomorrow and see what your plan shows.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

jose060789 (2014-09-28)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah I have 10gb plan and I pay 115 a month roughly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok let me get this straight. You pay 130 plus 15 for next or no term commitment...aka you bring your phone in. Totaling 145 per month. OR if you get a subsidized phone on a two year contract, it's 130 plus 40, which equals 170 a month.....I can't believe people are actually paying for that. My Verizon bill is STILL 80 per month with unlimited data. AFTER TAXES!! Like HALF the cost!! No offense, but these big companies are making obscene amounts of money like this because we allow them to. We need to demand more reasonable prices by NOT falling for these traps.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
    Ok let me get this straight. You pay 130 plus 15 for next or no term commitment...aka you bring your phone in. Totaling 145 per month. OR if you get a subsidized phone on a two year contract, it's 130 plus 40, which equals 170 a month.....I can't believe people are actually paying for that. My Verizon bill is STILL 80 per month with unlimited data. AFTER TAXES!! Like HALF the cost!! No offense, but these big companies are making obscene amounts of money like this because we allow them to. We need to demand more reasonable prices by NOT falling for these traps.
    These aren't for single use lines. These plans are geared toward multi-line families. Your example above would equal $160 for two lines; AT&T would be the same. If you have a third line, you'd pay $240 while AT&T would be $175. See where I'm headed w/ this?

Right now, on a 10GB PLAN, I pay about $145 for 4 lines w/ a 25% discount! That's a great deal!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-09-28 at 01:10 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    These aren't for single use lines. These plans are geared toward multi-line families. Your example above would equal $160 for two lines; AT&T would be the same. If you have a third line, you'd pay $240 while AT&T would be $175. See where I'm headed w/ this?

Right now, on a 10GB PLAN, I pay about $145 for 4 lines w/ a 25% discount! That's a great deal!!!
    Are you thinking of upgrading to say the 15GB plan to get 30GB data?

I need this in my life!!!

I am going to check this out. I've been looking at the deals that T-Mobile and Sprint have been offering lately, and they have been tempting, but their service sucks where I live.

I have three lines and I am grandfathered in with an Unlimited data on one, and 2gb on the others. I am currently paying $180 with a 19% discount from my job. I do have AT&T and have been looking for a while now on lowering my bill.

Each month after after going over my 3GB cap, AT&T throttles my unlimited to nothing.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I am going to check this out. I've been looking at the deals that T-Mobile and Sprint have been offering lately, and they have been tempting, but their service sucks where I live.

I have three lines and I am grandfathered in with an Unlimited data on one, and 2gb on the others. I am currently paying $180 with a 19% discount from my job. I do have AT&T and have been looking for a while now on lowering my bill.

Each month after after going over my 3GB cap, AT&T throttles my unlimited to nothing.
    That's why I'm looking to switch to this. I have unlimited data also since having the iPhone 3G. After 5GB and getting throttled down to 100Kbps. Your data speeds are useless! Most apps won't even work right because the data is so slow. ATT might as well as just turn it off LOL.

Would LOVE to do this, but you gotta read the fine print here. If you're on Next with two lines, it's gonna cost $160 per month PLUS whatever your monthly payments are for the phone you own.

I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan which requires a continued two-year contract. My wife gets 3 gb of data per month. Altogether we pay $175 for our service. If we did the above cheapest plans on a two year contract, we would pay $210 per month!

Read the fine print. 😔

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog5142 View Post
    Would LOVE to do this, but you gotta read the fine print here. If you're on Next with two lines, it's gonna cost $160 per month PLUS whatever your monthly payments are for the phone you own.

I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan which requires a continued two-year contract. My wife gets 3 gb of data per month. Altogether we pay $175 for our service. If we did the above cheapest plans on a two year contract, we would pay $210 per month!

Read the fine print. ��
    Yep! already factored in. Since this is my 1st year doing the 12 month Next Plan. I'm paying about 150.00 a month for service 2 lines 700min plan, unlimited data for iPhone, and unlimited data for the other non-smart phone, then of course insurance and taxes. Then the 47.50 or whatever on top of that. So 130.00 for service sounds good to me. Save me 20 bucks and I can tether and HotSpot when I want to and not have to worry about a 5GB cap anymore for throttling.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-29)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Limited Time: AT&T Offering Double Data on Mobile Share Plans Until October 31st
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post

That's what I have as well. 10gb for $145. (3 lines) Will I be able to double my data tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Plus texting, plus talk time, plus activation fees, plus the price of your device.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast