Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limited Time: AT&T Offering Double Data on Mobile Share Plans Until October 31st

i just upgraded my phone to the 6 using AT&T Next. I have 6 phones on my family share plan. Now all of a sudden my phone is on an entirely new 20gb family share by itself and it shows I'll be laying $190 for that plan PLUS the $130 for the 15gb plan the other 5 are on. Please tell me this is a mistake and not some small print clause of doing Next. Their CS is closed until the morning so I have to wait to call. Better be a screw up on their part because this phone would go straight back to the store.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NiteStar For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2014-09-28)

Default Limited Time: AT&T Offering Double Data on Mobile Share Plans Until October 31st
    I just checked this morning. There is no promotion if you are on a 10 gb plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Parana6 View Post
    I just checked this morning. There is no promotion if you are on a 10 gb plan.
    Only if you're on the 15gig and up plans

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8r View Post
    I went from paying $235 a month for 4 iPhones, 2 of them were grandfathered in on the unlimited data plans to now paying only 158 a month that's out the door taxes and all. I gave up the unlimited data on the 2 phones and I'm on the $160 family share plan with 10 gigs shared and with my 20% discount with my job brings it down to 128 but with taxes and all my bill is 158! We only use between 6-8 gigs every month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this with AT&T? Thanks for the info.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-09-29)

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Wow it's crazy what people are willing to pay for this service. I wouldn't even be willing to pay $35 a month for service.
    Why is it crazy...?

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    That's not a good deal. Two unlimited data plans on my account cost $60.
    What carrier are you with? Bet it's not Verizon or att

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Sure if your on WiFi, but really who does that anyway? I have not once ever tried to talk and surf at the same time. My other GSM phone can do it but when I'm on the phone I'm talking and not surfing the web from the phone. But that's just me.
    I do, and everyone I know multitask.
    Last edited by bonum83; 2014-09-28 at 04:51 PM.

Has anyone found this deal? Looked online today and nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by abckmyr View Post
    Has anyone found this deal? Looked online today and nothing.
    I found it

I looked online 20 mins ago and it's not there for me I'm in the Dallas area. Guess I'll call...

Quote Originally Posted by abckmyr View Post
    I looked online 20 mins ago and it's not there for me I'm in the Dallas area. Guess I'll call...
    Yea best bet would be to call them

What's Jailbreak?
    Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    That's not a good deal. Two unlimited data plans on my account cost $60.
    Check out your TOTAL bill! Not just the DATA plan. 2 smartphones with Unlimited talk+text and 30 GB of data is $160 total monthly. Unlimited talk+text and unlimited data for 2 phones is: 70+40+60= $170. Also if you have a corporate discount, you get that off the entire $130 price, not just the $30/phone on the unlimited plan.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteStar View Post
    i just upgraded my phone to the 6 using AT&T Next. I have 6 phones on my family share plan. Now all of a sudden my phone is on an entirely new 20gb family share by itself and it shows I'll be laying $190 for that plan PLUS the $130 for the 15gb plan the other 5 are on. Please tell me this is a mistake and not some small print clause of doing Next. Their CS is closed until the morning so I have to wait to call. Better be a screw up on their part because this phone would go straight back to the store.
    Just give them a call if you haven't already. I had the same problem when I upgraded 3 of the lines on my account to iPhone 6 under the NEXT plan and it moved all 3 lines to a separate shared plan. CS will move them back no problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

This would be a great deal if $130 include it one line, but every line have to pay that extra charge of 15 or 40 buck.

I called and they changed it to 30gb a month,I'm happy :-)

Giving up "unlimited" data is probably no big deal, since AT&T's unlimited data hasn't been unlimited for years. (I'll never understand how AT&T got away with that. But anyway, back on topic...) This is AT&T. There must be a catch here. Those folks that have switched to this plan, what's the downside? There must be one. Even if you end up saving money each month and getting more data, and free text messaging (including some, selected, international texts) and unlimited voice calls, somewhere along the line you must have sold your soul to Beelzebub, surely? It's inevitable. This is AT&T.

What's the catch? I guess there'll be extra charges based on phones that are either on the Next plan, or still being paid off under an existing 2 year contract. They must have figured a way in which your monthly bill will end up higher. But probably most folks won't see that until their next billing statement, by which time there will be no way to switch back. I'd be interested to hear from folks trying to switch from existing 2-year plans whose phones are still under contract. Is this month-to-month, or are you then locked into AT&T for all eternity?

I also wish AT&T would have supported the 10GB plan, since that's what I'm on. Unfortunately, companies have a habit of making you pay more to get what you want. So the only way to get on a double-data plan is to be on a 15GB or more plan.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,465 Times in 7,696 Posts

Default Limited Time: AT&T Offering Double Data on Mobile Share Plans Until October 31st
    Yes.. And even if you're on the 10GB.. This whole $160/mo for 4 phones thing has been a promotion. When my son upgraded from 5 to 5S a few months ago we lost the the $25/mo "discount" off the usual $40/mo per-phone price. So now I'm up to $185/mo..

The NEXT plans are only a good idea if you want to treat your phone like a car lease and have to turn it in for a new one each year. I like saving up for a new phone and then having less per month outgo.. And be able to sell my old phone on eBay for more than I paid for it. My wife's and my upgrade time is a year apart so I always have an upgrade I can use each year to buy at new contract pricing. She never wants new phone.. Lucky me.. .. She's still happy with her 4S. .. Gonna give her my 5S.. though I'd love to sell it for near $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    That's what I have as well. 10gb for $145. (3 lines) Will I be able to double my data tomorrow?
    No, sounds like it only applies to the 15GB (now 30GB) and up plans. I also have the 10GB plan and it still shows 10GB. I think they're doing this to get people to upgrade.

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Is this with AT&T? Thanks for the info.
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Giving up "unlimited" data is probably no big deal, since AT&T's unlimited data hasn't been unlimited for years. (I'll never understand how AT&T got away with that. But anyway, back on topic...) This is AT&T. There must be a catch here. Those folks that have switched to this plan, what's the downside? There must be one. Even if you end up saving money each month and getting more data, and free text messaging (including some, selected, international texts) and unlimited voice calls, somewhere along the line you must have sold your soul to Beelzebub, surely? It's inevitable. This is AT&T.

What's the catch? I guess there'll be extra charges based on phones that are either on the Next plan, or still being paid off under an existing 2 year contract. They must have figured a way in which your monthly bill will end up higher. But probably most folks won't see that until their next billing statement, by which time there will be no way to switch back. I'd be interested to hear from folks trying to switch from existing 2-year plans whose phones are still under contract. Is this month-to-month, or are you then locked into AT&T for all eternity?
    Or they could just be trying to compete with Sprint and T-Mobile.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,465 Times in 7,696 Posts

ATT has always been the big dog on the block. ATT sets the "norm" for pricing (high end) and all other companies offer lower deals to compete. It's just like Apple. Always will be highest priced smartphones. ATT doesn't have to compete as much. They're the most used. Verizon close 2nd.. All others very distant in % of all users. I'm not for a moment saying that AT&T offers the best customer service or anything else… Just that they have the largest share of the market. they "set the tone" for the rest of the market. So they'll never be the lowest priced. They don't need to be. People stay with them because they've been with them for 20 years or more.and because AT&T has the name recognition of having been the longest standing long distance service company even before smart phones were around.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast