Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limited Time: AT&T Offering Double Data on Mobile Share Plans Until October 31st

thats awesome!

this is a great deal!

What about people who already pay for a share plan

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

So wait, this for NEW members ONLY? Or can I get it if I'm already on the 15 GB PLAN?

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    That's what I have as well. 10gb for $145. (3 lines) Will I be able to double my data tomorrow?
    I hope so, but it doesn't look like it

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
    I hope so, but it doesn't look like it
    Probably need to wait till tomorrow or midnight for the system to update and check then.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (2014-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    So wait, this for NEW members ONLY? Or can I get it if I'm already on the 15 GB PLAN?
    This is for new and existing members. I am going to have to call AT&T on this one.

Can anyone confirm me how much for one device after taxes for you're plan for atnt

That is crazy expensive for that amount of data. I don't know why people would pay that much for so little data. I have unlimited and use at least 20GB a month. Watch a few hours of netflix or slingbox there's 4 or more GB right there. I pay 52 per month after taxes for unlimited everything on Sprint. I don't have issues with LTE where I'm at plus I can tether when needed. Those prices are a rip off in my opinion
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 2014-09-28 at 04:29 AM.

Can I talk n browse the web on sprint?

Sure if your on WiFi, but really who does that anyway? I have not once ever tried to talk and surf at the same time. My other GSM phone can do it but when I'm on the phone I'm talking and not surfing the web from the phone. But that's just me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Sure if your on WiFi, but really who does that anyway? I have not once ever tried to talk and surf at the same time. My other GSM phone can do it but when I'm on the phone I'm talking and not surfing the web from the phone. But that's just me.
    I do all the time. Either have them on speaker or using headset and surfing the net or using apps like Fandango or yelp for dinner and movie. Finding/looking up info while talking to them. Has been handy for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Probably need to wait till tomorrow or midnight for the system to update and check then.
    Sounds like you know something we do not!

I do all the time. Either have them on speaker or using headset and surfing the net or using apps like Fandango or yelp for dinner and movie. Finding/looking up info while talking to them. Has been handy for years.
    Maybe I don't because I'm almost always near a computer especially all day long at work. But hey it comes in handy for some but others they don't have the need. To each their own is what I always say,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
    Sounds like you know something we do not!
    No just saying. Just makes sense that you can't change or do it till Sept 28th/tomorrow. So make sense that their system wont update till midnight and I think ATT Corp Headquarters is in Texas. So that's 2 hours ahead of CA.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Maybe I don't because I'm almost always near a computer especially all day long at work. But hey it comes in handy for some but others they don't have the need. To each their own is what I always say,
    Oh I agree LOL

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    That's not a good deal. Two unlimited data plans on my account cost $60.
    Do they throttle the shared plans? I know my unlimited data is throttled at 5gb, and throttled down to 0.5 mbps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggrassmid View Post
    Do they throttle the shared plans? I know my unlimited data is throttled at 5gb, and throttled down to 0.5 mbps
    No they don't! I have already talked to a ATT CS and ask the questions. No throttling and will be able to tether and hotspot also. That's why I'm considering giving up my unlimited data plan.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-29), thazsar (2014-09-28)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrassmid View Post
    I have been on the 10GB plan since January and have not noticed any throttling of the data.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No they don't! I have already talked to a ATT CS and ask the questions. No throttling and will be able to tether and hotspot also. That's why I'm considering giving up my unlimited data plan.
    Might have to stop in to ATT store next week and talk to them. Im on the grandfathered unlimited, but am usually right at the 5gb per month. So upping to 10gb with no throttling if it can be cheaper I'd be interested.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default Limited Time: AT&T Offering Double Data on Mobile Share Plans Until October 31st
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmith7 View Post
    I have been on the 10GB plan since January and have not noticed any throttling of the data.
    They won't throttle if your on a share plan. That's only for unlimited users

I think ATT Corp Headquarters is in Texas. So that's 2 hours ahead of CA.
    Go Mavs!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-09-28 at 06:03 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I am going to check this out. I've been looking at the deals that T-Mobile and Sprint have been offering lately, and they have been tempting, but their service sucks where I live.

I have three lines and I am grandfathered in with an Unlimited data on one, and 2gb on the others. I am currently paying $180 with a 19% discount from my job. I do have AT&T and have been looking for a while now on lowering my bill.

Each month after after going over my 3GB cap, AT&T throttles my unlimited to nothing.
    I went from paying $235 a month for 4 iPhones, 2 of them were grandfathered in on the unlimited data plans to now paying only 158 a month that's out the door taxes and all. I gave up the unlimited data on the 2 phones and I'm on the $160 family share plan with 10 gigs shared and with my 20% discount with my job brings it down to 128 but with taxes and all my bill is 158! We only use between 6-8 gigs every month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast