Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple No Longer Signing iOS 7.1.2 Following Release of iOS 8.0.2

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Default Apple No Longer Signing iOS 7.1.2 Following Release of iOS 8.0.2
    Unlock doesn't require a restore.. After unlock is completed - just plug into iTunes and you'll see the "congratulations you're unlocked" message.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You'll be back, Swifty! That Note4 may look pretty.. But Android OS is an inferior OS to iOS. You won't be able to bear it. I tried for a full month before I returned a Note 3 last year. Horrible experience..
    Android, as an OS is inferior. Hmmm...I guess 8.0.1 has been forgotten about already.

The newest versions of Android are very stable, very smooth, and very verbose. Clean menus and clean, simple apps. Now, you may try and play the malware card. To that I say; as long as you stick to the Google play store, Malware is not an issue. Responsible use is what it boils down to.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nakedcrook For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-09-28)

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Android, as an OS is inferior. Hmmm...I guess 8.0.1 has been forgotten about already.

The newest versions of Android are very stable, very smooth, and very verbose. Clean menus and clean, simple apps. Now, you may try and play the malware card. To that I say; as long as you stick to the Google play store, Malware is not an issue. Responsible use is what it boils down to.
    But at the end of the day Android phones older than 1 year typically don't get updated to the newest software. You have to buy the latest to get the latest software. That's what prompted me to switch to iOS in 2011. I was an avid Android before the 4s. My phone was so buggy, phone always shutting off, apps were not on par with iOS at that time and I was tired of having to keep buying phones every 6 months - 1 year to get the latest software.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

For sure Android OS has come a LOONG way in the last couple of years.. especially the pure Google Android (not Samsung's version.. still pure junk).. but it's just not as well designed and the 'bugs' even last year were still too much to bear. Just feels '2nd best' to me. I'm used to 'only the best' in everything I use. And I do 'fair' - month long tests of every day use.. So I'm not just giving the Apple Fanboy lines here.. I do one to one testing before I give my opinion. The screens in the Samsung world are truly amazing - superior to Apple - no question... And I love being able to put files on it without a jailbreak. But they still all run that Android OS..... yuuuck.... so limited.. In the Apple world you have the whole 'iLife' aspect of EVERYTHING being coordinated. Google trying to get same level of integration... not there yet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

StaceyMJ86 (2014-09-28)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I guess 8.0.1 has been forgotten about already.
    Actually, yes it has. Apple fixed it in 24 hours. That's just crazy for an update to come out that fast. Would love to see Samsung push out an update in 24 hrs for one of their bugs. And there are plenty, I have owned a S3, S4 and S5. All were buggy messes. First two days with my S5 the phone app disappeared. Just wasn't there anymore and no one could call me. Had to reboot to get it back. The stock photos app on a Samsung is unusable if you have more than a few hundred photos, takes forever for the thumbnails to load. I had to install an app called quickpic just to be able to see my photos. My non-samsung android experiences have been way better. Love the nexus line and The HTC One line.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I used the xperia zl for 3 months. i was finally able to get 4.3 a month after 4.4 came out. i liked sonys launcher but still didnt like android enough. tried to use cyanogenmod to get 4.4 but you lose to many functions. neither the camera or bluetooth would work. went back to a iphone 5. only thing the zl had that i wish my 6+ did is a ir blaster.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weazle23 View Post
    I used the xperia zl for 3 months. i was finally able to get 4.3 a month after 4.4 came out. i liked sonys launcher but still didnt like android enough. tried to use cyanogenmod to get 4.4 but you lose to many functions. neither the camera or bluetooth would work. went back to a iphone 5. only thing the zl had that i wish my 6+ did is a ir blaster.
    Any time someone says "IR blaster," all I can think of is a Star Wars blaster such as used by Han Solo.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

Will I have any issues if I'm still on 7.0.4 I never updated

are you having any issues? if not, then you should be ok, just be careful not to mess up your jailbreak

I recommend using iLex R.A.T. if you have issues look at my post here
    Last edited by dsg; 2014-09-30 at 01:38 AM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    are you having any issues? if not, then you should be ok, just be careful not to mess up your jailbreak

I recommend using iLex R.A.T. if you have issues look at my post here
    Thanks dsg I'm just hoping we get that ios 8 JB soon for my 6 + there's not much to do without a JB don't get me wrong I love my iphone but a JB makes 1000 times better

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chula For This Useful Post:

dsg (2014-09-30)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12