View Poll Results: Did iOS 8.0.2 fix your broken cellular service and/or Touch ID functionality?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, everything works now!

    6 28.57%
  • No, I'm still having the same problems.

    9 42.86%
  • I didn't update to iOS 8.0.2.

    6 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Did iOS 8.0.2 Solve Your iOS 8.0.1 Problems? [POLL]

  1. #1
    Default Did iOS 8.0.2 Solve Your iOS 8.0.1 Problems? [POLL]


    Apple released a very buggy software update called iOS 8.0.1 earlier this week and it was quickly pulled from the public's hands following reports of the update breaking cellular and Touch ID functionality on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Thursday night, Apple followed up with an iOS 8.0.2 update that reportedly fixes virtually all of the problems with iOS 8.0.1, and still gives users all of the bug fixes that iOS 8.0.1 aimed to deliver in the first place.

    iOS 8.0.2, although released to fix a problem caused by iOS 8.0.1, is still reportedly still causing some issues with cellular and Touch ID functionality in other countries. Very few, if any, of the reports are originating in the U.S. Because of this, we can probably expect another software update some time in the future to further smooth out the issues.

    Those using older handsets like the iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, and iPhone 5s were reportedly unaffected by these glitches in iOS 8.0.1 and iOS 8.0.2, as it seems to only have an effect on those who bought the new 4.7-inch iPhone 6 or 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus handsets.

    So if you have updated to iOS 8.0.2, we're curious as to whether or not the update fixed any of the cellular or Touch ID problems you may have had. We're including a poll in the forum version of this post so that you can cast your vote and see the numbers as they stack up in real time. You won't be able to cast a vote on the news section of our Web site or from our mobile application, so you will have to visit this link to vote.

  2. #2
    I personally had no problems with 8.0, I hadn't updated to 8.0.1 either luckily.

  3. #3
    Why arent these poll threads setup as actual POLLS, where people make a selection?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    Why arent these poll threads setup as actual POLLS, where people make a selection?
    They are, as I JUST discovered!
    Last edited by jetsetjoey; 2014-09-26 at 06:09 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    Why arent these poll threads setup as actual POLLS, where people make a selection?
    They are. Please visit the forum section, and you will be presented with this interface:


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    Zokunei (2014-09-26)

  7. #6
    Didn't get to download 8.0.1, but haven't had any problems on 8.0.2 with cellular or Touch ID.

  8. #7
    Anyone upgrade to ios 8.0.2 and se that your cellular bars are at 3 most of the time ???

  9. #8
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetjoey View Post
    Likely because the site admin(s) are too lazy &/or incompetent to embark on such a monumental task- even if it makes sense.
    Or more likely it's that you're too lazy and/or incompetent to read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    [We're including a poll in the forum version of this post so that you can cast your vote and see the numbers as they stack up in real time. You won't be able to cast a vote on the news section of our Web site or from our mobile application, so you will have to visit this link to vote.
    Please at least read the entire thing before insulting someone.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (2014-09-26)

  11. #9
    Just updated iphone 6 plus OTA. The touch ID did not work on startup, had to use the passcode. But once I got in, the touch id sensor started working normally again.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by etmakesmovies View Post
    Just updated iphone 6 plus OTA. The touch ID did not work on startup, had to use the passcode. But once I got in, the touch id sensor started working normally again.
    Touch ID doesn't work when resuming from a reboot, you must enter your pin the first time. (It a security feature)

    The same goes for purchasing stuff with Touch ID, after a reboot you must enter your password & then (until the next reboot) you can purchase content with your thumb.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    Touch ID doesn't work when resuming from a reboot, you must enter your pin the first time. (It a security feature)

    The same goes for purchasing stuff with Touch ID, after a reboot you must enter your password & then (until the next reboot) you can purchase content with your thumb.
    Interesting. Thanks.

    I'm not a fan of that feature. I wish the passcode entry weren't even an option and just the touch id were. What's the point of the biometric security if someone can look over your shoulder after a restart and see you type in the code?

  14. #12
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by etmakesmovies View Post
    Interesting. Thanks.

    I'm not a fan of that feature. I wish the passcode entry weren't even an option and just the touch id were. What's the point of the biometric security if someone can look over your shoulder after a restart and see you type in the code?
    There always needs to be a manual work around. What if your finger is wet and the sensor can't read it? Or perhaps you let someone borrow your device, but don't want to give them access to you iTunes account. There's always the chance of the sensor malfunctioning as well, giving you no access to your device, in effect leaving you a shiny paperweight.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  15. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    659
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 173 Times in 111 Posts

    Apps still crash, like messages safari mail and a bunch of others

  16. #14
    It didn't a lot of notifications still doesn't work for me.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Apps still crash, like messages safari mail and a bunch of others
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffen90 View Post
    It didn't a lot of notifications still doesn't work for me.
    The update didn't target bugs like that. The change log notes that iOS 8.0.2 focused on other issues.

    For your situation, I would try a DFU restore without restoring from a backup.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by etmakesmovies View Post
    Interesting. Thanks.

    I'm not a fan of that feature. I wish the passcode entry weren't even an option and just the touch id were. What's the point of the biometric security if someone can look over your shoulder after a restart and see you type in the code?
    That's why you put a long, worded passcode. That's what I did.

  19. #17
    My cell service doesn't seem as good. I usually have good service. I may go back to ios 8.0 and see if it makes a difference.

  20. #18
    The only thing I noticed was the Camera app crashed on me once. Not sure if that's directly related to the update or not, but it's never happened before the update.

  21. #19
    My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 144 Times in 101 Posts

    I just got an email that apple stopped signing 7.1.2.

  22. #20
    Rocking my iPhone 6 and updated to iOS 8.0.2 and alls working fine so far(-;

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulldog5278 For This Useful Post:

    StaceyMJ86 (2014-09-26)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •