View Poll Results: Did iOS 8.0.2 fix your broken cellular service and/or Touch ID functionality?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, everything works now!

6 28.57%
  • No, I'm still having the same problems.

9 42.86%
  • I didn't update to iOS 8.0.2.

6 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did iOS 8.0.2 Solve Your iOS 8.0.1 Problems? [POLL]

So far no crashes after 8hrs?

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

So far so good. Nothing has crashed yet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StaceyMJ86 For This Useful Post:

Bulldog5278 (2014-09-26)

A DFU reset didn't help either.
    Modmyi app : i don't get notifications when on wifi, but works on 4G

Facebook Paper : Will not let me turn on notifications.

Alien Blue Reddit : neither on wifi or 4G

Most other apps only work on 4G with notifications.

I updated my 4s to 8.0.2 this afternoon...no issues so far.

no , still have bugs and wifii and battrey problems ,,,,, ios 8.0.2 it just fix the erreur of ios 8.0.1 they didn't gave any update and improvement to the first version of ios8 ,,,, i hope ios 8.0.3 will realy fix ios8 for good !!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vonne69 For This Useful Post:

Uffen90 (2014-09-27)

The new update broke the ability to connect the iPhone 6 Plus to the car radio via USB. It now says iPod Error and doesn't play music through it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dclpz1 View Post
    The new update broke the ability to connect the iPhone 6 Plus to the car radio via USB. It now says iPod Error and doesn't play music through it.
    Did you try with an auxiliary cord? I never use USB with my phone because it never works correctly.

I have an issue with my camera in IP5s, it stay black screen not sure if it has anyhing to do with this update

Quote Originally Posted by dclpz1 View Post
    Are you using apple approve lightning usb connector?

I am using the original cable which has never given me an issue. It always worked with my phone until I updated to 8.0.2. Now it just gives me an iPod error.

The auxiliary cord does work. I preferred to use the USB because you can control the the music app from the stereo unit.

No. Apps still crashing and worst of all, WiFi still messed (iPhone 5S)

Quote Originally Posted by SupaMonkey View Post
    No. Apps still crashing and worst of all, WiFi still messed (iPhone 5S)
    I don't think iOS 8.0.2 intended to fix any of those problems. Most of your app-crashing probably has to do with the applications not being ready for iOS 8 just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I don't think iOS 8.0.2 intended to fix any of those problems. Most of your app-crashing probably has to do with the applications not being ready for iOS 8 just yet.
    No it didn't, but some of my iOS 8 native apps, still crash from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Uffen90 View Post
    No it didn't, but some of my iOS 8 native apps, still crash from time to time.
    So it sounds line you should try a DFU restore and set the device up as a new device.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Did iOS 8.0.2 Solve Your iOS 8.0.1 Problems? [POLL]
    Is there word on 8.0.2 for iPod 5 yet? Speed, battery, and wifi are my main concerns.
    Last edited by SpiderManAPV; 2014-09-29 at 06:02 PM.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    So it sounds line you should try a DFU restore and set the device up as a new device.
    Already did that, twice, & that fixed a lot of battery + notifications problems i was experiencing. But from what i can understand, it's different problems people experience?
    The crashing doesn't happen often, but i do happen, and that is anoying in itself.

Default 8.0.2 Solved only cell issues and some ID problems
    Not only did it not solve any of the problems I am having more issues. I have done everything Apple Care has offered: from rebooting, hard reset, to restoring to factory settings and advise from the Apple Community. I was able to even replace my phone for another sealed out of the box iPhone. Problems: App crashes or freezes, settings crashing, hand off does not work with Yosemite, but it works with my iPad Mini '3' (sometimes), my iPad Mini '3' works just fine with Yosemite but that OS has a ton of it's own issues too so I expect, No, I demand an update very soon. Back to just the iPhone 6, 4.7": iCloud issues from having to put in my password every day several times a day, to iDevices not saving in iCloud family, Bookmarks not saving and Passwords, in Key Chain, not applying to regularly visited sites, iTouch working but not working for purchases in iTunes or the App store, not being able to download Apps from either my account to in iCloud family accounts from "Purchased" in the App store, losing Documents and pictures, Sluggish operation in general, emails (while typing them) disappear, email settings change or are gone, Email accounts 'disappear', opened emails disappear as I was reading them, settings change from ring tones to privacy settings, "My Info" (in email settings) changes or defaults to no one, I charged the phone from 10% to 100% on "Airplane Mode" unplugged the phone turned off Bluetooth and WiFi and kept it on "Airplane Mode" placed it on my night stand woke up the next morning (8hrs) and the phone was off due to no power. plugged it up to the power cord and it turned on a few minutes later at 1%, and finally but not the last of my issues I am having issues with my AirPort Extreme. Dropping devices at random to streaming issues to my iTV, and not recognizing devices. Bluetooth issues as well: not discovering devices, losing paired devices, and not turning on. The list is long but very real and very disappointing. I wish I never downloaded the Upgrade. I normally wait but I was assured by Mr. Cook that Apple would rather be late than put out a bad product. In conclusion, my iPad Mini with Retina now known as iPad Mini '3' is doing better but crashing and freezing issues are present. It seems that anything the Upgrade changed or touched was effected or 'infected'. For example Bluetooth, iCloud, and AirPort Extreme problems. All of which the Upgrade was based upon. Trying to watch Apple's Keynote regarding New iPads and such was very frustrating as buffering continued through out the event. As Mr. Cook joked about iOS 8 we were working harder than Apple's techs just to hear the joke and later watch him walking away with his head down. Wishing Apple well and I believe the issues will take more than 8.2 scheduled to solve our problems on Monday.

The issues with iOS 8 far exceed cell and ID sensor issues.

Monday's launch of 8.1 should help some issues or cause more while it also will be opening the door to Apple Pay. So wait and see. Do they solve our issues or do they just add more junk to the pile? 4th Quarter Revenue Call. We never had any issues with the sensor until iPhone 6 iOS 8 upgrade. It is all about bad software and firmware. The problems with iOS 8 are far more reaching than the ID sensors. It is all about software that was pushed out too early to meet the 4 quarter revenue calls. In other words, it is all about $$$.$$. The device is solid but the iOS is muddy right now and heads will roll and updates will grow.
    Last edited by dissedby8.0.2; 2014-10-18 at 12:25 AM.

Thanks

My carrier is T-Mobile so I get hotspot with my service. I noticed yesterday that my hotspot kept disappearing. I had to keep putting my phone in airplane mode just for it to pop back up. The hotspot feature is a lifesaver for my daughter who uses it on my 5s while we drive somewhere so I need it at certain times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12