Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8.0.2 is Now Available for Download

Updated 2 ip6 and both working fine.

Thanks

My coworkers that updated are jumping for joy!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

No wifi issues here before or after 8.0.2.. Things much snappier for me.. 8.0.2 also got rid of most of my disappear app crashes - though not listed on the bug fixes report. But Apple has never listed all fixes in their reports.

There's still a big bug that I hope is reported that when you enter "edit contact" from the messages app and add a new "name" - you'll be stuck there until a hard reset. You can't get out of the window back to the main message threads window.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadMcLaren View Post
    I still get horrible battery drain overnight. Loose about 50% of my battery by the time I get up.
    Something is definitely wrong. I'll play with my iPhone every 30 seconds for 12 hours and only go down to 60%. It could be a battery issue, or you could be in a cellular 'dead zone'. In a dead zone your phone constantly tries to reconnect which drains the battery. Try turning off background services, too.

Either that or you're running a program in the background that has some sort of memory leak. Go to Settings->General->Usage to see what programs are using up the battery.

I didn't have that feature on my old iPod Touch 5, but I would get horrible battery life when I left Clash of Clans running in the background. Once I killed that program the battery drain would stabilize.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post
    Anyone upgrade a plus OTA yet???
    Yep, it was a silky smooth process on my 6 plus, but updating OTA put my wife's 5S in recovery mode

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I didn't have that feature on my old iPod Touch 5, but I would get horrible battery life when I left Clash of Clans running in the background. Once I killed that program the battery drain would stabilize.
    Apple always hates on us ipod customers. No mute switch, no battery percentage, no light sensor, no battery usage... Come on! How hard is it to change one line of code allowing iPod Touch to have battery percentage?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Anyone update iPad mini non-retina yet? If so, how is iOS 8.0.2?

Thanks

Default iOS 8.0.2 is Now Available for Download
    Everyone, the moment they update to a new firmware or get a new phone, should go into Settings/Privacy/LocationServices/SystemServices and turn off EVERY switch in that window except Traffic. You don't need any of them and several of them are huge battery drains. Especially cell tower search.. Bad drain especially if you're in an area of low power cell towers.

You should also turn off Background App Refresh in Settings/General as it doesn't work well or anywhere near how Apple designed it to. It can also use up a lot of your data plan per month if you have certain apps checked on in that window. Just turn it off and leave it off. You're missing nothing.. Trust me...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Streebs87 (2014-09-26)

iPhone 5 updating from 8.0 gm to 8.0.2 got to recovery :/
    anyone has the same problem? or how to get out of it?
    (((

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Everyone, the moment they update to a new firmware or get a new phone, should go into Settings/Privacy/LocationServices/SystemServices and turn off EVERY switch in that window except Traffic. You don't need any of them and several of them are huge battery drains. Especially cell tower search.. Bad drain especially if you're in an area of low power cell towers.
    I've always left the cell search one on...what does that really do?

Thanks

Default iOS 8.0.2 is Now Available for Download
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    I've always left the cell search one on...what does that really do?
    Never needed in U.S. unless you live right on the line between two towers.. and you have shotty reception on the one tower.. It will choose the stronger. But people who travel or people in a solid tower area - the switch between two strong towers is automatic even WITHOUT that switch on. Easily a 5-15% additional battery drain with that thing on..

Also leave that darn ASK ME ABOUT WIFI switch off. Annoying AND a battery drain..

Thanks

Oh yeah...I've always had that off..

I went back to 7 before public 8 came out...they still hadn't fixed my bugs I saw so...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    That's a pretty bad drain, but wouldn't it just be easier to plug it in?
    It would, but when I go to bed with 70 something percent, my first initial thought isn't to plug it in and wake up to 20 something percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Just to clarify, are you plugging it in? I actually noticed this on my iPhone 5, even plugged in, some mornings I would wake up with it at 60%.., I just thought it was a faulty charger. It hasn't happened with my new phone yet.
    No, that's with it unplugged and not using it at all.

Thanks

It would, but when I go to bed with 70 something percent, my first initial thought isn't to plug it in and wake up to 20 something percent.
    I guess it's such habit for me to simply plug it in every night that I don't even think about it.

......beware......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Something is definitely wrong. I'll play with my iPhone every 30 seconds for 12 hours and only go down to 60%. It could be a battery issue, or you could be in a cellular 'dead zone'. In a dead zone your phone constantly tries to reconnect which drains the battery. Try turning off background services, too.

Either that or you're running a program in the background that has some sort of memory leak. Go to Settings->General->Usage to see what programs are using up the battery.

I looked at it and it says safari used 41% in the past 24 hours when I've maybe been on it a total of 10-15 minutes.

Thanks

I looked at it and it says safari used 41% in the past 24 hours when I've maybe been on it a total of 10-15 minutes.
    It might be keeping tabs live in the background. Try killing it once you're done.

......beware......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It might be keeping tabs live in the background. Try killing it once you're done.
    Just did that and cleared all the history and data from it. See what happens...

Still nothing on the speed/battery/wifi issues. Guess they were just trying to fix 8.0.1 ASAP.
    What are the speed/battery/wifi issues that you're speaking of?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    What are the speed/battery/wifi issues that you're speaking of?
    Someone told me that there were speed and wifi issues effecting the iPod Touch 5 and I've since found out the battery problems were mainly isolated with the new iPhones.

......beware......

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    It will be.
    Itís a bugger when they do that. You might be on an older version for a reason.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast