View Poll Results: Has your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus been exhibiting the reported bending?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 8.33%
  • No.

33 91.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are You Affected By 'Bendgate' With Your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus? [POLL]

Default Are You Affected By 'Bendgate' With Your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus? [POLL]

Apple's new dilemma with the iPhone 6 Plus that could cause the aluminum unibody of the device to become bent along the bottom of the volume buttons from the force of the device being sandwiched against your thigh and the fibers of your pants has been deemed 'bendgate' and is affecting several new owners of the device.

The problem affects the iPhone 6 Plus the most because of the larger surface area, but even a very small percentage of iPhone 6 users have reported the problem, although it's much less significant.

Unbox Therapy has published detailed videos showing the bending happening on an iPhone 6 Plus, and then follows up with a second video that puts the iPhone 6 and other competing devices through the same bend test:

It is worth mentioning that Apple has commented on the matter saying that an Apple Genius can replace a device upon passing a physical inspection, but if the device doesn't pass the inspection, it will have to be a paid replacement instead of a free one.

So we're curious if any of you that have purchased an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus are experiencing this issue. We're including a poll in the forum version of this post so that you can cast your vote and see the numbers as they stack up in real time. You won't be able to cast a vote on the news section of our Web site or from our mobile application, so you will have to visit this link to vote.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-25 at 05:54 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Luckily I'm not a member of the bendergate! (iPhone 6 plus) But since the news has been out, I'm definitely more careful

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

how dumb do you have to be to put a phone in a tight pocket regardless? who sat on their or 4's or 5's? who isn't using a case. what women or men with bags don't carry their phones that way? this all seems quite ridiculous to me. then again, i feel no need to wear pants that look like they need to be painted on either...who are the morons bending their phones and how are they doing it? other than in youtube videos?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bootleg For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2014-09-25)

My pants are very baggy (suit trousers in fact)

and my regular iphone 6 (non-plus) is distinctly "twisted" , imagine if you took hold of the top and bottom of the phone and then made an unscrewing motion

and it has only ever been in the front pocket - which is loose enough that i can easily take the phone in and out while im sitting down

i don't know if its a good or bad thing, but its so flexible.. i was able to twist it back to being flat!!!
    Last edited by mcfaul; 2014-09-25 at 06:19 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mcfaul For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-09-25)

Thanks

Lets be honest with most smart phones you have to be careful not to drop them or sit on them in your pocket on a hard surface most of the other makes if they didn't bend they would probably break just need to be a little bit more careful with a larger phone like you do with ipads etc.

No, because I don't wear hipster jeans.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Nope!! I take my phone out of my pocket before I sit down. Always have with any phone, so this has never been a issue for me.

So you can look at it, and push on the screen but anything else and you'll bend it. No thanks.

Well when iphone 5s was released people started to wonder what iphone 6 would look like? Some said curved glas😎
    So hell yeah they were right😆😆u got it
    Curved glas, a phone that gets the shape of your body
    Enjoy it. U are special

(Androiduser)😎😎

So many kids crying about the plus lol ...
    Apple **** up bit time ... iOS 8, now iPhone plus that can kill u ... No bueno apple

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh snap! iPhone's going to kill me! HELP! 911! I'M ABOUT TO DIE! PLEASE LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY POOR SOUL!

Just another example of a company letting people get away with being morons. If you cant take care of your toys, you deserve to have it break, bend or whatever... And you should have to pay for your stupidity and irresponsibility by having to PAY to replace it!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

Time will tell once our 6 pluses come in the mail... I've been a lil concerned about all of this easily able to be bent talk... At the same time though I'm not too worried cause first thing I always do with every new iPhone is put a screen protector on and a heavy duty case... I don't mess around with my investment, I usually end up paying full retail price for my iPhone's so I take good care of them... Had a 3G for 2 years, 4 for 3 years and a 5s for a year... All were completely scratch, chip, ding, crack and warp free when I turned around and resold them years later with all original packaging and accessories... It pains me to see new phones or tablets of any kind naked of cases... I see many people destroy their phones super fast, treating them like they're an old Razor or those old Nokia's so many of us used to have... I mean come on society, these are personal portable computers (that can make phone calls.) We need to think of our phones less like phones and start treating them more like expensive small PCs...

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Just another example of a company letting people get away with being morons. If you cant take care of your toys, you deserve to have it break, bend or whatever... And you should have to pay for your stupidity and irresponsibility by having to PAY to replace it!!
    Yeah, it's so irresponsible to carry your phone in your front pocket. LOL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    If you cant take care of your toys, you deserve to have it break, bend or whatever... And you should have to pay for your stupidity and irresponsibility by having to PAY to replace it!!
    I agree, every time I upgrade my gadgets, my old ones still look brand new (not that I would sell them, they usually end up as hand me downs). But be smart about it, there are companies out there that help you keep those toys looking nice. OtterBox and Zagg have proved to be great allies.

By the way, for those who wear suits and think a belt holster may not work with the look, I beg to differ. Couple that with a Pebble watch and you have a sharp looking outfit

18. The Following User Says Thank You to blv36 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-09-25)

Sounds like to me it's the heat from your body activating it to bend.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfaul View Post
    and my regular iphone 6 (non-plus) is distinctly "twisted" , imagine if you took hold of the top and bottom of the phone and then made an unscrewing motion
    Funny, nobody is reportin any issues like that, even with the 6+, and nobody is reporitng issues with the 6 at all! the guy who posted the video of the 6+ bending stress-tested the 6 and it did extremely well.

Either you got a single defective unit, I think I smell a rat...

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    So you can look at it, and push on the screen but anything else and you'll bend it. No thanks.
    A smiley face after that comment: either you’re enjoying other people’s problems, or you are very impressed with your own comment that you believe to be witty. Either way, it’s pretty objectionable and pathetic.

I'm betting haters like you and nakedrook will vote yes on this pole despite not owning any Apple products at all, let alone the 6+.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool, Apple solved the problem with low signal with iPhone 4 with the rubber bumper free for everybody, now free curved screens for everybody with bent iPhones. Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by alfred131 View Post
    Sounds like to me it's the heat from your body activating it to bend.
    I hope you are joking...

I wear tight jeans all the time (the fitted at the hip jeans before skinny jeans became popular jeans, and I am female) and I can fit my hands in my pockets when sitting (both hands in both pockets). They are NOT baggy by any means—super tight. So people saying their pants are baggy because they can put their hands in the pockets or easily take their phones out while sitting doesn't mean that your pants are baggy.

Also, this whole bendgate problem should be a nonissue because the moment I picked up my iPhone 6, the first thought that popped into my head was Wow this phone will bend…6 plus users better take good care of their phones then. So, are people that stupid that they didn't think the 6 plus would NOT bend when they sit on it? It's made from aluminum and glass people! Come on!
    Last edited by Machinegun; 2014-09-25 at 08:10 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Machinegun For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-26), Sage I (2014-09-25)

Quote Originally Posted by blv36 View Post
    I agree, every time I upgrade my gadgets, my old ones still look brand new (not that I would sell them, they usually end up as hand me downs). But be smart about it, there are companies out there that help you keep those toys looking nice. OtterBox and Zagg have proved to be great allies.

By the way, for those who wear suits and think a belt holster may not work with the look, I beg to differ. Couple that with a Pebble watch and you have a sharp looking outfit
    I agree with the screen protector and covers! Cant stand dinged scratched up iPhones. Have to admit I chuckled at the belt holster though, they're naff unless you're batman!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast