View Poll Results: Has your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus been exhibiting the reported bending?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 8.33%
  • No.

33 91.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are You Affected By 'Bendgate' With Your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus? [POLL]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Looks like Apple needs to issue everyone who purchased the device free cases as added protection, and offer replacements with no haggle in the event said bending happens.

And a £650 device should not bend. Aluminium is malleable but is also strong, but perhaps apple should have considered a titanium alloy?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple say just 9 customers complained to them, ok.... What are you waiting Apple? You need more complains... thats what you mean?

An over-sized phone that can fold in half to conveniently fit in your pocket. Awesome!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Have to admit I chuckled at the belt holster though, they're naff unless you're batman!
    Doc, who snitched? My identity should be kept a secret

Quote Originally Posted by fotsvett View Post
    Well when iphone 5s was released people started to wonder what iphone 6 would look like? Some said curved glas
    So hell yeah they were rightu got it
    Curved glas, a phone that gets the shape of your body
    Enjoy it. U are special

(Androiduser)
    He he, you nailed it right there:-D.

Quote Originally Posted by blv36 View Post
    Doc, who snitched? My identity should be kept a secret
    Maybe you shouldn't tell every girl you wanna hook up with! ;-P

Worried that me and my wife's iPhone 6 plus may bend, I told her this morning I would cancel the order (both due on October 13th) and order iPhone 6. The look on her face was priceless. She looked like someone kicked her dog and indicated Santa Claus didn't exist.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to echoes49 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-09-25)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kickerman65's Avatar
    Thanks

That was just painful to watch. I must point out though, none of those phones were even close to being as thin as the 6 or 6 plus. They were all way thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by stolenpentium View Post
    Looks like Apple needs to issue everyone who purchased the device free cases as added protection, and offer replacements with no haggle in the event said bending happens.
    I always get apple to throw in a free leather case. Got a free one two years in a row.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    That was just painful to watch. I must point out though, none of those phones were even close to being as thin as the 6 or 6 plus. They were all way thicker.
    Exactly. It's clearly a bad idea to have such a large phone be so thin.

I'm trying to hold off on buying a case until Speck releases one... and in the meantime, be very careful. I wear baggy jeans so I'm not that worried.

I e-mailed Speck a few times asking for some kind of rough ETA, but just received copy/paste, cookie-cutter responses about signing up for their newsletter to be notified when they are

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    Is 2.5mm way thicker? Or in the case of the 6+ 2.3mm? The HTC One also has slimmer sides, it's 9.4mm in the centre of the phone and tapers down to about 4.5mm on the edges. And it's completely aluminium.

Apple massively dropped the ball with the 6+ chasing the slim dream.

After hearing all the buzz about the bending of iphone 6+ I decided to lay mine on a flat surface, and YES it is already showing some bending by the volume keys, TO CLARIFY, I wear regular fit dress pants most of the day for work, an when in the car the iphone is on a cradle, so I have no idea how this is happening to me....called t-mobile and they said they will send me a new one, i just got to wait in backorder 5 - 6 weeks
    Last edited by marioleonteran; 2014-09-25 at 10:12 PM.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you really gonna go on every thread and post that?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've had my 6+ since launch day. keep it in my front pocket while at work. dont have any bend problems. i do however have a case ordered from amazon that should be here any day.

Default Are You Affected By 'Bendgate' With Your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus? [POLL]
    If you manage to bend the iPhone while in your pockets you should really consider different jeans, wtf is wrong with you? I don't get this bending in the pocket thing, it seems fking impossible to me, geez people!!

If your pants are that tight, you're probably on the verge of pushing crap from your intestines up into your mouth, you should really get that looked at first prior to worrying about your iPhone 6 Plus bending…
    Last edited by Al226; 2014-09-26 at 05:03 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

therandy (2014-09-26)

I am not affected by this ridiculous crap going viral on the internet. I also don't paint my jeans on...I wear regular fit jeans. For work, I wear slacks and I sit at my desk 5 out of the 8 hours with the phone some time in my pocket and the rest sitting on my desk. I do have a case on it (Spigen Slim Armor) and will always have a case on my iPhone. Not for the fear of dropping them, or for the fear of getting them scratched, but for the sole purpose of protecting my investment.

For the past 8 years I've used common sense when handling my iPhone and have been lucky enough or smart enough to only manage 1 drop of my iPhone 3G in 2008. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but when I spend $300+ i treat it as spending $300+. People throw their phones around like their tossing someone a pencil. If the big ***** iPhone 6+ is protruding from you pants because they are too [email protected] tight, and that big ***** iPhone 6+ gets a natural bend in it following the contours of your dumn ***** leg, then I feel that gods will has been done! Stop trying to be a hipster and wear something comfortable. #rantcomplete
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to therandy For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-26), NewD (2014-09-26), Sage I (2014-10-29)

Lol, well said 👍

Green Apple
    Thanks

So far the Results: 33-2 and 1 lost child..

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-26)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast