Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some Bent iPhone 6 Plus Units May Qualify for Free Replacement Under Warranty

Default Some Bent iPhone 6 Plus Units May Qualify for Replacement Under Warranty

Recently reports have revealed that the thin aluminum unibody of the iPhone 6 Plus (and in some rarer cases, the iPhone 6), can buckle under the force of your thigh pressing against the device in the front pocket of your pants. The result is a bent unibody that makes the device unable to sit flat on a flat surface.

Good news though for those of you that have experienced the issue – Some bent iPhone 6 Plus units will be eligible for a free replacement under warranty when this happens, although the device must pass a visual inspection to qualify, according to an Apple representative:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    That is 100 percent up to the Genius you speak with at the store. There is a test called a Visual Mechanical Inspection that the device will have to pass. If it is within the guidelines, they will be able to cover it. If not, the replacement would be a paid one.
    Upon passing the visual inspection, the device can qualify for a free replacement to help the user remedy the matter. Unfortunately, if the visual inspection fails, the user will either have to cough up the money to replace it, or walk out of the store with a still-bent iPhone 6 Plus.

The visual inspection is probably so that Apple can make sure that the device was in fact bent by regular use and not on purpose to constitute a free replacement on the user's demand. There is currently no word on how the Apple Geniuses will enact their visual inspection, or what they will be looking for.

Sources: The Next Web via 9to5Mac

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good news for those that unfortunately bent the phones. But I wonder what are their "guidelines".

apple is wayyyyyyy ahead of others, it has bendable phone already when others are still testing it in laboratories.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vietxnameze For This Useful Post:

ABOSWORTH (2014-09-25), SpiderManAPV (2014-09-25)

Quote Originally Posted by vietxnameze View Post
    apple is wayyyyyyy ahead of others, it has bendable phone already when others are still testing it in laboratories.
    I realise this is sarcasm but check out the G Flex. Apple is actually well behind

Wow, i just hope it won't happen to me 😱

Thanks

Would love a list of 'guidelines' Will probably have to wait for the first person to divulge, after they are rejected at the Genius bar.

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Would love a list of 'guidelines' Will probably have to wait for the first person to divulge, after they are rejected at the Genius bar.
    I would love to see the list too. I've always had a case on all my iPhones and phones so hopefully I won't have this problem with a good case. Still waiting on my 6+.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    My guess is that they are only going to decline someone if the screen is cracked or any other physical or internal (moisture) damage. If they promised to just replace any bent phone, then the day I accidentally crack my screen or drop my phone in water, I'm going to suddenly have a bent phone and expect my replacement.

Getting my 6+ from ups today.

Default Some Bent iPhone 6 Plus Units May Qualify for Free Replacement Under Warranty
    The problem with this policy is you are bound to get a self righteous "genius" that has had a bad day and will reject you for non-sense.

IMO ALL of these customers that claim it being bent from normal use in their front pocket should get replacements. It shouldn't be up to some "genius" I quote it bc they hardly ever are, to decided whether or not you are lying. Why? Because the customer is always right
    mod/edit links removed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

I have always had AppleCare+ for my phones which included me getting free replacement cables when they messed up. I went to one genius who wouldn't give me another one so I had to end up buying another one. I was upset specifically because apple support informed me I should get another one free of charge.

Also, all the people that get rejected for replacements need to file a class action lawsuit
    mod/edit links removed.

Ridiculous. If you bent your phone it's your fault and you should always pay for it. Learn how to take care of things you own and stop trying to blame someone else for your negligence.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

sheltons.iphone (2014-09-26), Wongster360 (2014-09-26)