Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 6 More Durable than 6 Plus Based on Bending Test

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's iPhone 6 More Durable than 6 Plus Based on Bending Test

For those who have been paying attention to trending news on the Internet recently, would know that the iPhone 6 Plus has been the talk of the town regarding it’s bending controversy. A video released by YouTuber Lewis Hilsenteger from Unbox Therapy on Tuesday, showed that the iPhone 6 Plus failed the bend test and even cracked the screen when trying to bend it back to normal. The whole reason a bend test came about was because users were complaining that their new few days old device was getting bent in their pockets.

After seeing much controversy with the iPhone 6 Plus, Hilsenteger went ahead and performed the bend test on devices like the iPhone 6, HTC One M8, Moto X, and Nokia Lumia. The 4.7-inch iPhone 6 seemed to be much more durable and less malleable compared to the 5.5-inch device. When Hilsenteger used the same amount of force on the iPhone 6, not much damage was done other than a small dent. Hilsenteger has claimed that he does not believe iPhone 6 users will have the same bending issue as iPhone 6 Plus users.

At the end of the video, Hilsenteger also performed the bending test on the iPhone 5s, but was not able to do any damage. It seems like the iPhone 6 Plus is the only device currently with the issue. Apple has yet to comment on the incidents, we’ll update you when or if they do.

Source: YouTube (via Unbox Therapy)
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-09-25 at 03:39 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

The only design solutions I can think of is for Apple to either switch to titanium bodies or add some sort of ugly ridge to the aluminum body that would strengthen it. One's too expensive and the other compromises the unified design language. Neither solution is ideal.

Or you can just buy a rigid case, be more careful, and get on with your life.

This was already posted yesterday.

Thanks

Well said!

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    The only design solutions I can think of is for Apple to either
    Or Apple could quit obsessing over thin, make the case a few mm thicker, which would make it more resistant to bending AND greatly add to battery life.

But no, Fapple seems to think the best phone is paper thin.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

jery911 (2014-09-26)

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Or Apple could quit obsessing over thin, make the case a few mm thicker, which would make it more resistant to bending AND greatly add to battery life.

But no, Fapple seems to think the best phone is paper thin.
    I think thin is also about lighter. "A few millimeters" would nearly double the thickness and using that space for battery would nearly double the weight. Also, given they sold 10 million units the first week or so, I doubt this design suggestion will be compelling to Apple.