Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What Happened to iOS 8.0.1?

Default What Happened to iOS 8.0.1?

So you read about the iOS 8.0.1 release earlier today with tons of bug fixes for the iOS 8 operating system while you were going about your day, and you've finally gotten comfortable at home and were excited to install the update... only to find that it's no longer available.

Where did it go?

As Michael Essany reported earlier today, iOS 8.0.1 had caused numerous problems for users after installing relating to Touch ID and cellular service on Apple's new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Many of those with older devices were touting that the update didn't appear to have any problems at all, however.

If you're finding that the update is no longer available in your Software Update section under Settings, that's because Apple has pulled the update. This means you won't be able to update to iOS 8.0.1 until Apple fixes the bugs that users were reporting.

On the other hand, if you did update to iOS 8.0.1 when Apple released it, and you're stuck with a malfunctioning phone on the new firmware, the good news is that you can plug into iTunes and restore back to iOS 8.0 because iOS 8.0 is now currently the most up-to-date version of iOS. The bad news is, if you don't have a backup, you will lose all of your content and settings and have to start over with a fresh install of iOS 8 again. So it's recommended that you back up your settings and data before you downgrade.

In fact, Apple is even still even signing iOS 7.1.2, so if you're interested in going back to iOS 7.1.2 to jailbreak, you might want to jump on that!

Did you have problems when upgrading to iOS 8.0.1?

Sources: NBC

Thanks

I wonder why they're still signing 7.1.2. Have they ever signed a firmware for so long after it's been succeeded?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

I just restored my my iPhone 5s to 7.1.2 woo hoo!! I must say I love iOS 8 on my iPhone 6. Have not had any issues and I'm loving the new features and screen size. I really think apple hit a home run this year.

Thank you for this info! I'll restore my ipad to 7.1.2.

I bet they are still signing 7.1.2 for those people that downloaded it but never installed it OTA, in case they go to try to update to 8.0. They can then install that 7.1.2 that's sitting on their HDD without bricking up their phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 408 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    I must say I love iOS 8 on my iPhone 6. Have not had any issues and I'm loving the new features and screen size. I really think apple hit a home run this year.
    +1 👍👍

Green Apple
    Thanks

Since they are still signing 7.1.2. Does anyone think it's possible to go to that on the 6? Has anybody tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by mainc21 View Post
    Since they are still signing 7.1.2. Does anyone think it's possible to go to that on the 6? Has anybody tried it?
    There is no such thing as an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus iOS 7.1.2 firmware file.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

It isn't.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i don't think it's possible on the iphone 6 or iphone 6+..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Darn. It was a good thought.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I wonder why they're still signing 7.1.2. Have they ever signed a firmware for so long after it's been succeeded?
    Not this long I don't think. With exception of 4.1 for 3G/3GS.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (2014-09-25)

Wow! This is quite surprising... nonetheless.. I'm happy!
    Now how about you let the iPhone 4 users go back to iOS 6... iOS 7 wasn't really an "upgrade" for the iPhone 4 users... and you don't even have to do anything Apple! But I guess all they care about is newer iPhone owners and milking older gen owners into upgrading to newer devices.
    Last edited by jigar7; 2014-09-25 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I don't think they've left it open this long before. I'm guessing it's for 4S users who find that iOS 8 May not be the best update for there phones....maybe? I guess jailbreakers can't complain hehe

This morning at 4:30am eastern, iTunes told me that 8.0.1 upgrade was available when I plugged in my wife's i5. dunno if it was re-released or not or what the deal is.

If I downgrade to 7.1.2 can I still Jailbreak?

My 4S is on 7.0.6 how do I upgrade to 7.1.2?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Default What Happened to iOS 8.0.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by falrob View Post
    If I downgrade to 7.1.2 can I still Jailbreak?
    Yes. But when you plug your phone into iTunes I don't think you're going to get 7.1.2 as a choice. You may have to go to that website that has every IPSW listed for every phone type. Anthony will know what that website's address is and how to point iTunes to that iOS 7.1.2 file once you've downloaded it.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-09-25 at 12:50 PM.

Im running IOS 5.0.1 on my Iphone 6 but i'm old school.

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    You can download the file and do a restore to it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post

You can download the file and do a restore to it.
    Please elaborate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast