Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Admits Early Galaxy Note 4 Launch is Due to Positive Reaction to iPhone 6 Plus

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung Admits Early Galaxy Note 4 Launch is Due to Positive Reaction to iPhone 6 Plus

As reported yesterday, Samsung seems to have both sped up the release of its Galaxy Note 4 as well as slash the device’s listed price. Many speculated this situation was brought on by record-breaking opening weekend sales of Apple’s new, larger iPhones. Now, a Samsung marketing executive said the following regarding the matter, openly admitting the reason behind the company’s move:

The positive reaction from consumers to those two Apple devices prompted us to launch the Note 4 earlier than previously scheduled. Samsung will be aggressive in promoting the Note 4 as it's true that we are being challenged and pressured amid a difficult situation.
    Samsung will now be rushing its Galaxy Note 4 into the hands of consumers’ this Friday in South Korea and China. The device is set to make its debut in the US on October 17th. Such a move presumably allows Samsung to beat Apple’s iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus to market in the two countries since Apple hasn’t announced launch date for its next-generation handsets in South Korea and China.

For those of you who didn’t already know, the Galaxy Note 4 was first announced by Samsung early this month with a launch window sometime in October. Apple on the other hand recently announced that it had sold roughly 10 million iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus units in the three days after they had become available in a number of markets including the US and UK. If it hadn’t been for manufacturing constraints, Tim Cook said Apple would have sold even more. Cook noted the following regarding the matter:

While our team managed the manufacturing ramp better than ever before, we could have sold many more iPhones with greater supply and we are working hard to fill orders as quickly as possible.
    Samsung on the other hand will be reportedly shipping 3.75 million Note 4 units for launch weekend at a reduced price of ₩957,000 (roughly around $920). For those of you who didn’t know, this price is roughly a $100 discount from the launch price of the company’s previous Galaxy Note 3.

We’ll have to wait and see if Samsung will see a positive reaction to its Galaxy Note 4 upon its launch. It may be a tough battle to fight as Apple’s iPhone 6 lineup seems to be doing so well.

Source: The Korea Times

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

So far I've heard no one get excited or even talk about the note 4 on social media, but the iPhone 6? Completely different story. Everyone was talking about that phone, good and bad.

Theirs is bigger.

Anyone I've heard mention the note 4 was basically saying "Meh, I'll stick with my note 3."

The next bigger thing will be here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nerd For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-09-24)

lol. that is all.

I think it's funny, but I'm annoyed at the same time. Lol.

Next Samsung will make a 10" tablet and claim it's the biggest smart phone ever!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to scroogelives For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (2014-09-25)

Seems like Samsung made a desperate move Lol
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

guess it's time to go hyper-post on a bunch of samsung/android message boards bashing a product I don't own and won't own.

wait, nevermind, no it's not. because I'm not consumed by envy, low self esteem, and self loathing, and have better and more relevant things to do with my time.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2014-09-25), Silverado1987 (2014-09-25), SpiderManAPV (2014-09-25)

I don't think it will do well, as long as people r still trying 2 get there hands on the iphone 6 plus....

I really don't understand that company. Talk so much trash but let's put out our device earlier because Apple is successful.

How come they're not trying to beat Breville by making a 5 slice toaster?

i don't like Samsung... i don't like Apple.

but the Note 3/4 is 1million times better than the iPhone 6 plus.

..: Enviado desde mi i5 :..

Samsung shouldnt worry. The 6plus is nothing more than a big iphone and does not take advantage of the big display. Plus it bends.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Next Samsung will make a 10" tablet and claim it's the biggest smart phone ever!
    And it still won't bend like the 6 and 6 plus. LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Samsung mobile is saying that people are saying that "is it just me or does the iPhone 6 look like a Note 2 minus the stylis" and I'm like but it looks the same plus it has no room for improvements and I believe the note 4 is only 2mm bigger than the iPhone 6plus but at least the iPhone 6 has Touch ID compared to the note 4 the note 4 is just another cheap device made my samsung just look up the pictures or just watch your tv for the "Next big thing" like they said with the Mime of a S5