Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8 Has a 78% Higher Crash Rate Than iOS 7 Did

Default iOS 8 Has a 78% Higher Crash Rate Than iOS 7 Did

Those of you upgrading to iOS 8 may be noticing a drop in stability. As with the release of every new operating system, new bugs are introduced that will eventually be smoothed out in future updates. As we know, an iOS 8.0.1 update is being prepared for release in the future that will fix some bugs in itself.

So what are the cold, hard numbers in terms of stability from iOS 7 to iOS 8? Crittercism, a firm that deals with the performance of applications across multiple platforms, has found that iOS 8 has a 78% higher crash rate than the previous-generation operating system iOS 7 did.

iOS 8's crash rate on all devices capable of running the new operating system averages at about 3.56%, which compares to the iOS 7 crash rate of just 2%. iOS 8 also averages 2.63% on just the iPhone 6 and 2.11% on just the iPhone 6 Plus, indicating that the iPhone 6 Plus may be the most stable device with iOS 8 installed on it.

While the operating system is still fresh and Apple has yet to patch some of the operating system's bugs, some of the blame can also be put on App Store application developers that have not yet updated their applications to be optimized for iOS 8. Whatever the case, the only way that crash number is going to come down is with time.

Sources: Crittercism via ZDNet

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang...

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Wow...increase in crashing of apps? But...but...premium...better OS...more stable...premium...stable...premium...stable...

So much for the premium that Apple offers. First the hardware fails...then the software.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nakedcrook For This Useful Post:

Schnedi (2014-09-24)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Wow...increase in crashing of apps? But...but...premium...better OS...more stable...premium...stable...premium...stable...

So much for the premium that Apple offers. First the hardware fails...then the software.
    There it is again??? I swear someone is saying something, but all I hear is blah blah blah Oh well!! Must not be important. LMAO

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-09-24), Gcruz (2014-09-24), oldskoolsk8r (2014-09-25)

New iOS versions always have bugs to work out. This is nothing new.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The6uest For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-09-24)

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    New iOS versions always have bugs to work out. This is nothing new.
    It doesn't matter if it's iOS or not. New versions of ANY operating system have bugs to work out .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-09-24)

True that!

Apple did it again...

..: Enviado desde mi i5 :..

I think ill stay on ios 6 iphone 5 till it all get worked out only downfall is i cant get some of the newer apps as ios 7 is req.

Sent from space

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe if Apple had let the average Joe file bug reports with their illegally obtained ios8 beta....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jackbauerctu For This Useful Post:

hopethemodworx (2014-09-25)

Default iOS 8 Has a 78% Higher Crash Rate Than iOS 7 Did
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post

How come I'm seeing "Sent from my iPhone 5S" on your signature???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    I think ill stay on ios 6 iphone 5 till it all get worked out only downfall is i cant get some of the newer apps as ios 7 is req.
    Why not restore it to 7.1.2?
    From what I can see Apple is still signing the firmware.
    Correct me if I'm wrong..