Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung to Reportedly Move Up Launch Date of Note 4 After Successful iPhone Sales

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung to Reportedly Move Up Launch Date of Note 4 After Successful iPhone Sales

It has been reported that with all the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus success, Samsung will be moving up the launch date of their Galaxy Note 4. Apparently, the Korean-based company decided to change the date after seeing such positive reaction in sales for the Cupertino-based company’s new lineup. According to The Korea Times, an employee from Samsung stated:

The positive reaction from consumers to those two Apple devices prompted us to launch the Note 4 earlier than previously scheduled.
    The same unnamed source also stated that the Korean-based company will be pushing hard in selling the Galaxy Note 4 since the iPhone lineup was just launched with so much positive feedback. The new note is looking to sport a 5.7-inch display, which is only a tad bigger than the new iPhone 6 Plus. Someone else who works at Samsung stated that the company is hoping to sell somewhere around 15 million devices in the first month of launching.

Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4 was looking at a launch date sometime in October in Korea, but is now expected to launch on September 26th with certain carriers instead. Preorder of the device started last week and will ship sometime in mid-October. Apple will also be launching the new iPhone lineup on September 26th to the second wave of countries around the world. We shall see how successful the Samsung Note 4 will be compared to its Apple iPhone competitor.

Source: The Korea Times

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

To late! Everyone has spent their money already LMAO 15 million in the first month huh? NOT!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll go camp out a week before so I'll be the 1st to get one! LoL

15 Million in a month? HA!

Apple did 2/3 of that in its first weekend!
    With only a few countries, NOT including China.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Apple did 2/3 of that in its first weekend!
    Think before you post, 10MM sold is 6 and 6 Plus combined, and only 6 Plus is direct competitor to Note 4...

I hope Samsung realizes these past two weeks is a "buzz about Apple", not a "buzz about mobile devices". I'm sure the Note 4 will sell well, but I doubt they will get extra sales by riding the iPhone coat tails.

i wonder who the hell can prefer the iPhone 6 plus before the Note 3/4 with all the extra "usuful" software!!

..: Enviado desde mi i5 :..

Quote Originally Posted by brab View Post
    Think before you post, 10MM sold is 6 and 6 Plus combined, and only 6 Plus is direct competitor to Note 4...
    If you assume they sold 50% of each device within a few days, that's still 50% of Samsung's projection in just a few days. It shouldn't be too much trouble to far exceed 15 million of each device in a month.

Just goes to show Samsung is second class all the way. Once Apple comes out with something, Samsung races to one up them. I just hope this model is a 64-bit, lol

Well think about it some people might cancel the back order 6+. So it is a smart move. I think apple was trying to take away the note 4 market by releasing the i6+ before it was in stock. The one thing that pissed me off about apple is that they tried to rls world wide when the USA market should be the first, at least for the 6+. I also sure a lot of people are pissed about the wait an then people that waited in line got the i6+ before the pre orders was filled. Just that alone should get a few to bail from the apple train.

I have to agree with you on that. You would hope Apple would satisfy the US market first (much like PlayStation used to do when they came out they would always come out the Japanese market first and then the US).

In a sidenote, it is good business practice to announce it early, that way they do suck up some of the other market. Sucks for use.

I'm just glad they released the bigger screen iPhone, works for me. I've waited years, couple more days is not gonna kill me

Quote Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post
    i wonder who the hell can prefer the iPhone 6 plus before the Note 3/4 with all the extra "usuful" software!!

I've had Apple since day one and I love my new 6+ BUT honestly I'm board already. The Note 4 is looking pretty tempting with all its cool useful features but I can't stand their Play Store. Anyone here experienced the Note before I'm curious how the two compare?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post

How about people who prefer phones that don't bend? I dunno about you, but I like durable phones that don't bend.

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    I've had Apple since day one and I love my new 6+ BUT honestly I'm board already. The Note 4 is looking pretty tempting with all its cool useful features but I can't stand their Play Store. Anyone here experienced the Note before I'm curious how the two compare?

Thanks
    If you get a Galaxy Note, you will be subject to the single greatest mobile experience that is currently available on the market. The Note series is typically packed with most, if not all, of the greatest hardware that is currently available to consumers. If you go with a Note (which is physically smaller than the iPhone 6, but still has a larger screen), you will NEVER go back. The Note line is what killed and buried my love of Apple. Not even other Android OEMs can come CLOSE to touching the greatness of the Note series.

Get a Note 4 and you will NOT be disappointed. Don't listen to the so-called "experts" on this site that call Touchwiz "laggy", yet only use Apple devices. Granted, Touchwiz was pretty bad pre 4.0, but it really shown improvements as of late. Ask any current Note user and you will not hear any complaints about Lag.

If you want PC level power in the palm of you hand, go with a Note. I am able to do all my enterprise level work on a Note. In fact, my entire IT department tossed our iPhones because they were shiny toys that were only useful for checking email.

If you want productivity, go with the Note.
    Last edited by nakedcrook; 2014-09-24 at 05:43 PM.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    If you get a Galaxy Note, you will be subject to the single greatest mobile experience that is currently available on the market. want productivity, go with the Note.
    I don't even care, but you either sound like Samsung pays you or you're overcompensating for something.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

How about people who prefer phones that don't bend? I dunno about you, but I like durable phones that don't bend.

If you get a Galaxy Note, you will be subject to the single greatest mobile experience that is currently available on the market. The Note series is typically packed with most, if not all, of the greatest hardware that is currently available to consumers. If you go with a Note (which is physically smaller than the iPhone 6, but still has a larger screen), you will NEVER go back. The Note line is what killed and buried my love of Apple. Not even other Android OEMs can come CLOSE to touching the greatness of the Note series.

Get a Note 4 and you will NOT be disappointed. Don't listen to the so-called "experts" on this site that call Touchwiz "laggy", yet only use Apple devices. Granted, Touchwiz was pretty bad pre 4.0, but it really shown improvements as of late. Ask any current Note user and you will not hear any complaints about Lag.

If you want PC level power in the palm of you hand, go with a Note. I am able to do all my enterprise level work on a Note. In fact, my entire IT department tossed our iPhones because they were shiny toys that were only useful for checking email.

Very insightful I really appreciate the response. I'm still torn between the two especially without seeing the Note at hand and I only have a week left to return my iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Does anyone hear that? I swear someone was saying something, but all I hear is blah blah blah!! Lmao smh!

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Very insightful I really appreciate the response. I'm still torn between the two especially without seeing the Note at hand and I only have a week left to return my iPhone.
    Do stores not have Note 4 display phones out yet?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Don't get a note 4 yet, I God the iPhone since day one as well, and I had the note 3, and Galaxy 5, the same time, no no, android operation sucks to many features that you won't use after a month, iPhone 6+ and iPhone 6, are awesome I sold the note and the Galaxy 5 on eBay lol, grate phone don't get me wrong but not better then iPhone, enjoy your phones !!

Quote Originally Posted by raul1978 View Post
    Don't get a note 4 yet, I God the iPhone since day one as well, and I had the note 3, and Galaxy 5, the same time, no no, android operation sucks to many features that you won't use after a month, iPhone 6+ and iPhone 6, are awesome I sold the note and the Galaxy 5 on eBay lol, grate phone don't get me wrong but not better then iPhone, enjoy your phones !!
    Yeah that's what I've heard before, a lot of great features but won't be used a much or at all.

Thanks
    You should have fncking waited then if you weren't sure what you wanted and/or if you are *bored with iOS.
    Depending on what day you got your iPhone, you might not get a chance to return it. The Note 4 is to be released on Friday, but from my understanding it was gonna be in Korea. I don't know about US.

If you return the iPhone within the 2 week window, and get the Note 4, and it all works out for you, then you're just out of the restocking fee. BUT if you return the iPhone, get the Note 4 and are unhappy with it, then you'll have to pay a second restocking fee to get another phone.

As for iOS vs Android, use what works for you. MOST people use their phones to make calls, text, email, browse the web, stream music, take pics/video, FB, IG, etc. Either platform will work just fine.

All you android fanboys (i'm referring to you android users that come here to trash talk Apple/iPhone/iOS) really have no life if you have to come to an Apple/iPhone forum to spread your hate. I don't go to android forums to badmouth Google/android, so I don't know if there are Apple fanboys that do the same, but I'm sure there has to be some. They also need to get lives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast