Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 Plus is Subjected to Official 'Bend Test' After Reports of Pocket Bending

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    And people say that Samsung makes cheap phones? Why is it that iPhones bend and Samsung phones do not? If you ask me...Note 3 seems more premium to me.

I dunno about you guys...but I prefer my phones to survive horrific bending tests. Sammy has just shown the world that plastic is truly FANTASTIC!
    Samsung prob do bend but as they are made of plastic they just go back to the shape they were ....and after having a galaxy note as a work phone I would most certainly not call them premium....

I have a 6. Should I have reason to be a little concerned? Didn't opt for the AppleCare so I don't want to be screwed with a bent phone when my two week return period is up.

Green Apple
    Thanks

From the reports its only the iPhone 6+ since it's bigger..

Thanks

Default iPhone 6 Plus is Subjected to Official 'Bend Test' After Reports of Pocket Be...
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    How oanage to put the angle of pressure on the phone as the guy in the photo does with his hands from it being in their front pocket??

Here's what happened: people with very large screen phones tned to put them in their BACK pockets because they can't fit comfortably in the front. So naturally, they sat o ntheir phones and they bent. Will they admit to Apple or their wireless carrier that they sat on their phone when it broke? No way! That's $700+ down the toilet! they're going to lie and say it was their front pocket to egt a refund!

I think it is more likely these people sat on their phones and are lying for refunds than it is that they managed to put that much force and angle of force on their phones while intheir front pocket.

Not true. If that were true than every phone would eventually bend given enough time. In another video he does the same test with a Note 4, and it too suffered a permanent bend, though not nearly as bad as the iPhone 6+, but it was still there. Considering people keep phones for 2 years, we would be seeing a lot more of this if what you're claiming is true.
    Well you didn't read my post. I said that this is true for the 6+ because it obviously bends easier than other big phones. Also, it's interesting that in your theory all these people lied to everyone on the Internet to get a replacement phone from their local Apple Store. I think we need to give this story more time to develop to see just how many people will actually experience this in normal usage.

I'm guessing they put it in their back pocket. I'm in New York. I seen tons of people putting their phones back there.

For us glasses folks. Those with eye glasses, we have all done it. Taken the glasses off, sat them down on a chair, then forgot sat down and "curses" I've just sat on me bloody glasses. God that's annoying, especially if you've bought designer ones to impress someone. damn! If only I'd bought the cheaper ones. You are mad, you are well fed up, but your fault, what can you do. Nothing, you take then to the shop and you say. " don't know what happened they were in the case in my front pocket and I got them out and they were bust, you eyed to make solid glasses. Na, what really happened was you say on the flippin thing, now if only you could get the optician to buy you a new pair for your mistake. What about glasses gate or maybe I gate, Phew ! Optician declares they made mistake, and I get new pair, but this time I'll be careful.
    Please DONT SIT ON YOUR NEW IPHONE 6 plus.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 6 Plus is Subjected to Official 'Bend Test' After Reports of Pocket Be...
    Quote Originally Posted by djaquapimp View Post
    Wow, this is not good. I was just about to buy one. Now I'll be waiting to hear what apple does to fix this. They need to recall them for this IMO

Also, a bend test is just the cherry on top. The real problem is this is happening while sitting in people's pockets. You can compare it to Androids all you want but if the android doesn't bend in pocket the point is moot

I find it hard to believe that people would ignore that it bends when in your front pocket. That's a huge flaw. You can stay In denial all you want but it won't change the facts. What android phone bends to the point of damage while in your front pocket? I'm no android fan. I'm just being a realist
    Xperia Z1
    Lumia 925
    Evo LTE
    Even iPhone 5S can bend: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZiT8AlhUMQ

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by a3_21121 View Post
    it's just weird that when he was trying to bend the phone, the phone time was 2:26 but after he bent it, the phone time was 1:58? What was that?

anyone noticed that the phone time was 2:26 when he was trying to bend it but it was 1:58 after he bent it?
    yes… That's weird as hell… A fixed video? Bogus test? Now I'm suspect.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-09-25), novadam (2014-09-25), Rcworship (2014-09-26), SpiderManAPV (2014-09-25)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Bending the phone causes time travel? Awesome! Lol.
    Sweet, they didn't even mention that. Those Apple guys, so tricky...

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Well you didn't read my post. I said that this is true for the 6+ because it obviously bends easier than other big phones. Also, it's interesting that in your theory all these people lied to everyone on the Internet to get a replacement phone from their local Apple Store. I think we need to give this story more time to develop to see just how many people will actually experience this in normal usage.
    "All these people"

who are all these people? How many reported cases are there? I've only seen one incident being talked about over and over. Not saying it's the only one, but you make it sound like thousands, when its really very little.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    "All these people"

who are all these people? How many reported cases are there? I've only seen one incident being talked about over and over. Not saying it's the only one, but you make it sound like thousands, when its really very little.
    I thought I heard of at least three, but I guess you're right to say that we don't have enough reports to make a big issue over it yet. The story needs another couple weeks at least to become conclusive. I'm just saying that I don't see what people posting on the Internet has to do with getting their replacements from Apple. In any case, it's still pretty clear from other videos that the 6 Plus bends easier than most other phones. Will it really bend in a significant percentage of users' front pockets after a period of weeks or months? Only time will tell.

Oh my god! I am shocked. You mean if I run a squirrel over it will probably die? How right are your jeans? Why are you sitting on a phone that size, that price, and comfortably, not expecting it to break... Hey apple sorry but I shot my screen with a gun and now there's a big whole, Apple you've obviously done something wrong. #smh

Another video from the same guy

iPhone 6 Bend Test + HTC One M8, Moto X, Others - YouTube

Does it with a couple more phones this time. The i6, M8, moto x and lumia 1020.

The 6 bends a lot less than the plus but remains slightly bent. M8 screen comes out but returns with no visible damage. Moto x doesn't even more and apart from a slight cracking noise the lumia is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by a3_21121 View Post
    it's just weird that when he was trying to bend the phone, the phone time was 2:26 but after he bent it, the phone time was 1:58? What was that?

anyone noticed that the phone time was 2:26 when he was trying to bend it but it was 1:58 after he bent it?
    yeah. I thought maybe it was over a couple days (different takes or something), but the date is Tuesday Sept 23 in both screenshots. First one also shows status bar (with very low battery) and second shot (after bend) doesn't even seem to have the status bar.

weirdness.

apparently both now, however the regular 6 is a little more rigid.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345