Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 96

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 6 Plus is Subjected to Official 'Bend Test' After Reports of Pocket Bending

  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts

    This is such a blessing in disguise. Now, all these dudes can return their girlfriends pants and we can finally move on from the tight jean era!

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stolenpentium For This Useful Post:

    fordr9 (2014-09-24), novadam (2014-09-24), Rcworship (2014-09-26)

  3. #22
    iPhone 6 Flex?

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by djaquapimp View Post
    I find it hard to believe that people would ignore that it bends when in your front pocket. That's a huge flaw. You can stay In denial all you want but it won't change the facts. What android phone bends to the point of damage while in your front pocket? I'm no android fan. I'm just being a realist
    Ok, here's some facts:

    Fact 1: that is a LOT of pressure he's applying to small area, to replicate that kind of pressure on your pocket where it is spread out means you have to be applying a lot more pressure! To the point that I can't believe someone could even do it in their front pocket.

    Fact 2: where is the pressure on the phone in your front pocket? Along the vertical axis because is lays against the contour of your tight, which is the wrong way to make this kind of bend (unless you somehow manage to get it sideways in your pocket!) To get the kind of pressure on the horizontal axis, you the only place that will likely be happening is in your back pocket, when you're sitting on it.

    Okay, this is more of an opinion, but highly likely: if you were one who puts your phone in your back pocket ,and you found out your bent it, do you think it's likely you'll get a replacement from Apple if you say you sat on it? Nope. So what do you do? Take responsibility? HA! Not likely for a $700 loss! Nope, you'l just lie and say it was in your front pocket.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

    pathtologos (2014-09-24), sheltons.iphone (2014-09-24)

  6. #24
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,121
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 95 Times in 67 Posts

    Insta-Solution from Apple........you're storing it wrong. Change your wardrobe.

  7. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Ok, here's some facts:

    Fact 1: that is a LOT of pressure he's applying to small area, to replicate that kind of pressure on your pocket where it is spread out means you have to be applying a lot more pressure! To the point that I can't believe someone could even do it in their front pocket.

    Fact 2: where is the pressure on the phone in your front pocket? Along the vertical axis because is lays against the contour of your tight, which is the wrong way to make this kind of bend (unless you somehow manage to get it sideways in your pocket!) To get the kind of pressure on the horizontal axis, you the only place that will likely be happening is in your back pocket, when you're sitting on it.

    Okay, this is more of an opinion, but highly likely: if you were one who puts your phone in your back pocket ,and you found out your bent it, do you think it's likely you'll get a replacement from Apple if you say you sat on it? Nope. So what do you do? Take responsibility? HA! Not likely for a $700 loss! Nope, you'l just lie and say it was in your front pocket.
    You are basically saying that the people who had theirs in their front pocket and had this happen are lying
    mod/edit links removed.

  8. #26
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Ok, here's some facts:

    Fact 1: that is a LOT of pressure he's applying to small area, to replicate that kind of pressure on your pocket where it is spread out means you have to be applying a lot more pressure! To the point that I can't believe someone could even do it in their front pocket.

    Fact 2: where is the pressure on the phone in your front pocket? Along the vertical axis because is lays against the contour of your tight, which is the wrong way to make this kind of bend (unless you somehow manage to get it sideways in your pocket!) To get the kind of pressure on the horizontal axis, you the only place that will likely be happening is in your back pocket, when you're sitting on it.

    Okay, this is more of an opinion, but highly likely: if you were one who puts your phone in your back pocket ,and you found out your bent it, do you think it's likely you'll get a replacement from Apple if you say you sat on it? Nope. So what do you do? Take responsibility? HA! Not likely for a $700 loss! Nope, you'l just lie and say it was in your front pocket.
    Totally agree. I'm planning on keeping my 6+ in a case anyway (a thin, but strong one from Spigen).

  9. #27
    Default iphone6 plus
    The phone will bend ? i have to cancel my order at once !!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #28
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Behind U! LoL
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    Well, did anyone that have the iphone6+ now notice the "bend" on their phones?

  11. #29
    There are a few yes

  12. #30
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gretna, LA
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Case. U should have a case anyway. The phone isn't made of plastic. It's made of aluminum - a light weight metal. It's gonna bend. Duh. Apple won't do anything about this I'm willing to bet. Their warranty doesn't cover external damages. They are gonna recommend that everyone uses a case for their phone.

  13. #31
    Damn ! First the backup on the supply of the iPhone 6 plus and now the bending ! What's next ? Self destruct after hours of use ! SMDH !

  14. #32
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Behind U! LoL
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    I'll take my chances!!! I'll update if it does "bend". And yes, I also put the phone in the front pocket 99%+ of the time.

  15. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargold View Post
    We need someone to test the note also, and other phablets, maybe they all bend.
    My plastic Samsung Galaxy Note has never bent.

    In any case, it is good to see that Apple has maintained their premium build quality. I am so envious...

  16. #34
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kickerman65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 267 Times in 158 Posts

    This reminds me of the time my friend brought her Samsung galaxy S4 over to show it off. All i did was remove the case to get a look at the phone and her volume button popped off. Nothing but quality stuff coming from the guys over at crapsung.

  17. #35
    Maybe the author of this can explain the meaning of "Official" in the title. Was it performed by a testing lab? Was it tested to an industry standard? Were measured forces applied? This is garbage. The only thing Official is the Official Bad Journalism.

  18. #36
    This is just a feature of Health on the 6+. Get off your butts.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwil736 For This Useful Post:

    novadam (2014-09-24), Zokunei (2014-09-24)

  20. #37
    People cried for bigger iphones, now you got them. Learn to take care of them and quit blaming apple because you cant take care of it.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Shady6 For This Useful Post:

    Rcworship (2014-09-26)

  22. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by djaquapimp View Post
    You are basically saying that the people who had theirs in their front pocket and had this happen are lying
    I'm saying that first claim doesn't follow with the facts, and their desire to get a free replacement is motivation to not tell the truth.

  23. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    Are you kidding me? I don't care what company builds the phone, any phone this big and thin is going to be subject to bending easier than a thicker smaller screen phone. If you want a thin big screen phone then use a little common sense and take care of it properly. Apple builds some of the best quality phones and devices period. Not some plasticy garbage crap other manufacturers pump out.

    True there's actually an android phone that is built in a banana shape the LG FLEX which a coworker of mine has never knew why they would make or design a phone shaped in bent banana way but after seeing this I guess that explains why! And I believe his phone is still a bit bigger or just as big as the iPhone 6+

  24. #40
    He put a quite a bit of pressure on that phone. What are people doing in their front pockets?

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

    Rcworship (2014-09-26)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •