Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Device Owners Using iOS 8 Experiencing Battery and Wi-Fi Issues

iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I was one of the ones in that thread having issues. It's something to do with iOS 8, and not a hardware problem. The iPads in the house running iOS 7 connect just fine. One was recently updated to iOS 8 and would no longer connect over wifi.

We bought a new (way more powerful) router and now the house is soaked in a strong signal and all is well. I realize that's not the best solution for everyone, but the cost to hire someone to fix it would have been just as much in either our time or their time spent troubleshooting.

Networks suck - I hate trying to fix them. I probably have about 500 hours of networking troubleshooting experience and I still have very little idea as to how to fix most network problems. There are 8,000,000 combinations of settings and if anyone two of them are wrong then weird stuff happens. I hate it.
    If this didn't fix the problem,go to settings privacy and system settings,and turn off wifi networking. This fixed the problem for me. Hope this helps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    Has anyone been experiencing cellular issues? I'm on AT&T iPhone 6+ and I've been having a lot of drop calls.
    Yes I have also using the Internet on wifi or lte can get this site to run. This morning I notice my phone said this device is not compatible after charge 100% and sent 3 txt message my phone drop to 85% just like that so mad the best battery in the phone make it see it like crap

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anyone else having issues with their mobile hotspot not working properly with Verizon iPhone6? I've tried with wi-fi, USB and Bluetooth and none of them can connect to my phone. Didn't have any issues with my 5.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Has anyone been experiencing cellular issues? I'm on AT&T iPhone 6+ and I've been having a lot of drop calls.
    Having the same issues on tmobile with my iPhone 6

I want to know what the ratio of sold phones vs problems. I have the 6 and everything is perfect.

Might I add I'm in New York on vacation and I went to the iconic 5th avenue Apple Store. There was a huge line. I asked a guy what for and he said the iPhone 6. Lol. I've been here for 3 days. Couple people with galaxy's. Couple people with blackberrys and most if not everyone else I've seen with a phone has an iPhone 4 or 4S.

Default iOS Device Owners Using iOS 8 Experiencing Battery and Wi-Fi Issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I want to know what the ratio of sold phones vs problems. I have the 6 and everything is perfect.

Might I add I'm in New York on vacation and I went to the iconic 5th avenue Apple Store. There was a huge line. I asked a guy what for and he said the iPhone 6. Lol. I've been here for 3 days. Couple people with galaxy's. Couple people with blackberrys and most if not everyone else I've seen with a phone has an iPhone 4 or 4S.
    Agree, I'm in Miami and I'd say 7 to 8 out of 10 people I see have an iPhone. In my office alone 23 out of 30 people have an iPhone.

However, any "good" iOS user knows better than to use stock iOS, jailbreaking is where the magic's at, iOS is garbage without a jailbeak, way too limited!!

You can add Bluetooth to this list of issues. My iPhone 6 will not pair correctly to my 2011 Yukon,but iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.2 works great. I spoke to a friend and he mentioned that radio manufactures are sending out notices saying they are aware of iOS 8 issues.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol that's just AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    Yes I have also using the Internet on wifi or lte can get this site to run. This morning I notice my phone said this device is not compatible after charge 100% and sent 3 txt message my phone drop to 85% just like that so mad the best battery in the phone make it see it like crap
    When you charge your ios device, though it reads 100%, the battery will naturally swing between about 91.5% and 100%. This is by design, the os permits active discharge and recharge so the last portions of the chargeable cells don't deteriorate from misuse. If you have an older device like an iPhone 5 or iPad 3, or one that has a battery compatible with a replacement program, several portions of those initial cells are likely dead. Meaning when you unplug, your power is between let's say, probably, 85-94%.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by ohthatguyagain; 2014-09-24 at 11:46 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Regarding the battery draining issue, if I attempt to fix it by disabling wifi networking under settings > privacy > location services > system services, will I still be able to access my wifi?

Cellphone signal has been crappy, but I dont think that its an OS issue rather a Verizon network issue.

I've also been having issues with Wi-Fi working when it likes and the top banners dont automatically disappear afterwards, I have to manually swipe up. Battery is about the same as it was on iOS7 so no complaints there.

-iPhone 5s, Verizon Network-

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    iPhone 6 doesn't run iOS 7. So no. I'm having WiFi issues. Like it won't find WiFi's I have to always reboot to see anything. Pretty annoying :-/
    See, my problem with wifi is it says it's connected but nothing loads. So I either have to turn wifi off and then on again, or reboot my phone. Sort of a nuisance. Hoping 8.0.1 fixes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12