Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analysts Predict Apple's iPhone 6 Lineup Will Attract More Android Users Than Before

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Actually, bub, you are talking to an IT professional who makes a living using technology, like smartphones. Stop making groundless assumptions.

With that said, my phone is not a toy. My Android device is essentially a mobile workstation. The flexibility and verbose nature of Android can allow me to be highly productive when I am away from work. Tell me, when was the last time you used your phone to remotely manage your domains over a VPN, all while on a phone conference with your counter-parts in your department? I dunno about you, but my Galaxy Note EASILY jandles these tasks...that is, multiple tasks. Don't presume to lecture me on "real life". In fact...our IT department dropped our iPhones in favor of Android devices because iPhones are toys. iPhones are incapable of handling enterprise level work.

Let me direct you to a few links which totally shut this point down.

Apple iOS malware gets onto 75,000 iPhones, steals ad clicks | Naked Security

AppBuyer: New iOS Malware Steals Apple ID and Password to Buy Apps - Palo Alto Networks BlogPalo Alto Networks Blog

Meet the iPhone malware that tracks your every move | Kaspersky Lab Official Blog

Chinese iOS malware stealing Apple IDs and passwords from jailbroken devices | 9to5Mac

How many of you folks are jailbroken? Based on the above links...once you jailbreak, you are just as "insecure" than Android devices. For those of you that say "well, I am smart enough not to download anything bad"...then Android users could say the same thing. In fact, I dare say that Android users are more educated than iOS users when it comes to cyber-safety and avoiding malware.

Malware Has Appeared On The Cydia Store, Here's How You Can Deal With It -- AppAdvice

New iOS malware use Cydia Substrate to steal advertisement promotion fee | i, Claud

Not even Cydia is safe. You guys better halt ALL jailbreak research.
    First of all, I'd like to point out the 1st sentence in the 3rd article. Yes; the one saying that 98% of malware is focused on Android. I'd also like to say that an IT professional like your self will obviously realize that no firewall/antivirus/similar protection software is bulletproof. I never claimed that iOS was completely impenetrable. Those articles point out a few things, however. 1st, only jailbroken devices are affected. Less than 3% of iOS users jailbreak. Think about that for a sec. Less than 3 percent of the millions of iOS users around the world are susceptible. Every android device is. Also, if, as you apparently did not, you had read my whole post you would've noticed that I said that closed doors of Apple keep it secure. Someone who jailbreaks has to go through a sometimes complex, but certainly intentional procedure to jailbreak. Someone who jailbreaks knows what they're getting into. That isn't always the case with Android. You know that Samsung I mentioned in my last post? It shipped to me from the carrier rooted. That's right, prerooted. I thought it just be a fluke, but I looked it up and every one of those phones came prerooted. Not to mention that you can find viruses in the Play store. As a Play Store publisher I can attest to how simple it is to upload anything to their market.

The fact that you claim that Android is more secure is simply laughable no matter how you look at it.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Call me one of those Android users that switched to the iPhone 6.

Mind you, this is the first iPhone I purchased from myself, but I've always jailbroken my friends' phone, and had a iPhone 4 myself, for work.

I switched to Android (Samsung Note II / HTC One M7) because of the bigger screen, better sound (to this day, IOS devices are still horrible for audio, but equalizers and headphones can relieve that) and the customization features via ROMs, enhancements, etc. through rooting. Previous to that I was on a Symbian Nokia N9 and a Sony K750 so I've tried my share of them because I wanted to see what each was all about.

The iPhone 6 is basically Android 2012, which is fine because I like Android 2012. Thus, no major issues jumping over, apart from having to use iTunes (PITA!!!). But I'll stick with it since I've become more of a casual than power user now.

One argument that IOS devices as a whole have going for them is more of an optimized OS / hardware combination. This is true on iPhones, iPods and iPads. The versatility of Android, while good that it gives options, cripples devices that don't have the same optimization (thus experimenting with ROMs). I don't have the time, interest or motivation to tinker anymore and everyone releases ROMs that don't really make practical sense. The other thing I like is the organization of the eco-system that is the app store. Google Play has a bunch of apps that don't work with all phones (once again, versatility) thus more time and headache to find the best app for the job.

I know I'll switch to something else in a couple years, but I'm happy with my purchase. In the end, I'll go with what I feel most comfortable with, regardless of the label.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to braintez For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-09-24)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by braintez View Post
    I know I'll switch to something else in a couple years, but I'm happy with my purchase. In the end, I'll go with what I feel most comfortable with, regardless of the label.
    I wish more people were like this. Some of you *cough*nakedcrook*cough* may not realize that I'm not a fanboy. I just like Apple more and think the Apple hate is such trash that I can't stand it. I'm glad you chose what you like best instead of what you felt hooked or pushed into.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by thumper_net View Post
    would not think this is true as you have to like ios to move from android
    i myself left the apple camp on my uphone 5 and have a new htc one m8 , which is wat nicer than the uphones , its not hust the screen size apple need to grab android users its a really new ios , not just a system with a few android rips , every uphone looks the same , os on a 2 year old 5 looks the same as both 6,s , with android you get to feel you have a new phone , where as an iphone feels like an update , if ios really changes alot i might come back but it will be not just a few tweaks bit a new fresh looking os , till then iam as many 1000,s will do stay with android and sadly not apple

Lol the changes were obviously significant enough even if they weren't for you. Don't come back we don't need you over here. C:

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Sorry but we already have larger screens, removable batteries, expandable storage, faster hardware, better hardware, a far more user friendly and open OS. Why would we switch?
    User friendly??? Faster hardware. Technically the hardware can be faster, but android sucks. It will all suck until android l is released. Because they copied apples system of running software as if the whole premise for the os wasn't enough.
    Last edited by Abbaroc; 2014-09-24 at 10:59 AM.

I guess put it in a case or just don't sit on it. You have to expect something to happen. Use a good case, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbaroc View Post
    Lol the changes were obviously significant enough even if they weren't for you. Don't come back we don't need you over here. C:

User friendly??? Faster hardware. Technically the hardware can be faster, but android sucks. It will all suck until android l is released. Because they copied apples system of running software as if the whole premise for the os wasn't enough.
    typical child responses , someone who does not try anything different , i used my iphone alot for online streaming and now thats screwed up by apple , try getting the filmon app to work in ios 7 it does in 8 not , thats the biggest reason i have BOTH iphones and androids to get everything only sadly you need more than one system , android does not do everything and ios is the same

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12