Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 is Reportedly Outpacing the iPhone 6 Plus in User Adoption

Default iPhone 6 is Reportedly Outpacing the iPhone 6 Plus in User Adoption

Apple released two, not just one, iPhones this year: the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus. Both are amazing beasts according to some recent benchmarks taken by Anandtech as of late, and both have also broken sales records both on pre-order night, and on opening weekend.

While the two devices are quite literally kicking butt in the sales records of Apple's iPhone, Chitika, an Web advertising analytics firm, has been able to confirm that adoption of the iPhone 6 Plus is significantly lower than that of the smaller iPhone 6, as you can see from the chart above.

After around 55 hours past the North American release of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, the iPhone 6 accounted for 1.5% of North American Web traffic, while the iPhone 6 Plus only accounted for 0.2% of North American Web traffic. The Web traffic numbers include those of other mobile devices, as well as desktop computers and laptops.

The reasoning for the low adoption of the iPhone 6 Plus could be due to several things, although supply constraints are the most likely far less iPhone 6 Plus units were available than iPhone 6 units, and this means that more people were able to buy iPhone 6 than iPhone 6 Plus in stores. Many (if not most) of those who pre-ordered the iPhone 6 Plus a week earlier are still waiting on their devices to be shipped around an October time frame.

Other reasons that the iPhone 6 Plus may not be as popular may be due to the monstrous size or the larger price tag, although the iPhone 6 Plus has a lot of positives to offer over the iPhone 6, including optical image stabilization, better battery life, a larger canvas space, and more.

Did you go with the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 Plus when you pre-ordered or bought your new iPhone?

Sources: Chitika via MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-22 at 06:57 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

BigJack077 (2014-09-22)

Default iPhone 6 Proving to be More Popular Than the iPhone 6 Plus
    Not more popular, more available.
    iPhone 6 - Gold - 64GB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jwil736 For This Useful Post:

stolenpentium (2014-09-22)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered a iPhone 6 plus 64 gig for T-Mobile. And I am still waiting I preorder on the Friday the 12th I was hoping that I can get it on the 19th. But right now it is on back order but T-Mobile told me that I should receive it between the 22nd to the 30th ( this week ) I just bought a case for it at the Apple store. But I was sad seeing everyone else with their new device😞 I hope mine comes fast..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MoDaLoT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Apple analysts did say there would be a 6+ shortage...guess they were/are correct. Seems to be an availability issue over choice.

It's ******* to BIg ... I think apple with the 4.7 hit the "G" spot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jozelito617 For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (2014-09-22)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Apple analysts did say there would be a 6+ shortage...guess they were/are correct. Seems to be an availability issue over choice.
    Seems more like hesitation on the production of the 6+ due to Apple's speculations of bigger/one handed operation isn't better. That said, I guess they were wrong.

I purchased three iPhone 6+ models and got them all on the 19th! Sold two on eBay and kept one. So far a LOVE it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

I ordered my 6+ on the 12th and finally got an email this morning saying it is shipped and i should get it tomorrow. it is going to be the slowest 24 hours till i get my phone.

I was in line for 11 hours and wanted the 6+ but they didn't have it. And knew of 38 others in the line of 45 people that want he 6+. We walk all out with out any iphone. So I think these reports are wrong. If there where enough 6+ phones the number would be different.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Airbrushkid For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-09-23)

Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    I ordered a iPhone 6 plus 64 gig for T-Mobile. And I am still waiting I preorder on the Friday the 12th I was hoping that I can get it on the 19th. But right now it is on back order but T-Mobile told me that I should receive it between the 22nd to the 30th ( this week ) I just bought a case for it at the Apple store. But I was sad seeing everyone else with their new device😞 I hope mine comes fast..
    I feel you! Preordered mine too on the 12.. Still waiting .. :/ I should've just camped out and I would've been using my 6plus 128 gb gold already :/

Quote Originally Posted by moeses View Post
    I ordered my 6+ on the 12th and finally got an email this morning saying it is shipped and i should get it tomorrow. it is going to be the slowest 24 hours till i get my phone.
    I'm happy for you! you'll get to enjoy your phone

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got the 6+ 64GB gold. Love it.

I got the six and dam it's bigger then I thought it would be. I'm happy I didn't pick up the plus, it would of just been impossible for me and mobility. I would of been happy with the latest touch being made into an iPhone. 4" screen n skinny like new device.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moeses View Post
    What was your estimated delivery date? i.e. Delivers 10/1-10/6 or 10/13-10/20 etc...

Can anyone tell me why people go to the stores the day of launch and sit in line for hours? I never understood that. I always preordered my device and get it shipped on the day of release. Maybe I am missing something....

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Well this reports makes perfect since EVERYONE it completely out of iPhone 6 plus. Im here in Miami, and went by 5 different At&t stores for the 6 plus and they all had the same answer, "We only received 1 of each color in the 6 plus". Sounds like to me that Apple was definitely unprepared for supply and demand.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to louee6 For This Useful Post:

The 6+ simply weighs too much for our sedentary and out of shape society to actually lift. I think the adoption rate of this device is actually just a marker of overall national health😃

I got a "Great News" email from my carrier Rogers.....
    I'm only 648 inline for a 6+ 128gb.....might get it before
    iPhone 7 is announced..... :-(

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone notice that the sprint stores all have tons of iPhones in stock?? LOL

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 6 is Reportedly Outpacing the iPhone 6 Plus in User Adoption
    Quote Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why people go to the stores the day of launch and sit in line for hours? I never understood that. I always preordered my device and get it shipped on the day of release. Maybe I am missing something....
    I'm not complaining though, I had UPS hold my shipment on the 19th at our local drop point, and they called me at 7:15 to say it was waiting for me. I had it activated before the stores even opened! That being said, I think it would be fun to camp a line at an Apple Store. It's a big party. A geek party! There are no Apple Stores in Montana though.

I returned my iphone 6 today and ordered a 6+. As a primarily android user i find the iphone 6 to be tiny still.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast